Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OPENDIME v3 – Now *Genuine Verified* Bitcoin Credit Stick (in stock!) - page 4. (Read 16498 times)

nvK
Activity: 381
Merit: 259
Cool device! Have thought to get some in time for Xmas, but I was waaay too late.

Here's an idea: how about adding a BIP 122 blockchain: link in a addition to the predefined Block Explorers to check the balance?
See BIP 122 for details: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0122.mediawiki

Thanks!

We are looking into it, if we can make it  happen, it will be on the next version.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Cool device! Have thought to get some in time for Xmas, but I was waaay too late.

Here's an idea: how about adding a BIP 122 blockchain: link in a addition to the predefined Block Explorers to check the balance?
See BIP 122 for details: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0122.mediawiki
nvK
nvK
nvK

New Telegram group for Opendime https://telegram.me/opendime

Also, don't miss today's Opendime BlackFriday Sales! https://opendime.com/#blackfriday
nvK
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I would like to purchase an open dime from the first batch. Please pm me if you have an unused first batch unit that you would be willing to parti with. I am willing to pay shipping and a modest premium.

Sorry, nothing left.

Oh I know. I'm hoping one of the previous purchasers will resell to me.

*edit* By the way. Your project is AWESOME.
nvK
I would like to purchase an open dime from the first batch. Please pm me if you have an unused first batch unit that you would be willing to parti with. I am willing to pay shipping and a modest premium.

Sorry, nothing left.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
nvK
Cool video by NODE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypQHc3EQVfE

"OpenDime: Real Life Cyberpunk Cred Sticks"
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
maybe they come in a pair of 2 with the same address... You can use either to withdraw the bitcoin...

That would work. It  would double the price per transaction but it would be safer and work. So if you ever accept one you have to take 2.

How would you know that exactly this batch of opendimes is not supplied as triples, to provide for an even better reliability? And you would actually need to take all three of them to avoid a double-spend...

Or would it be a triple-spend already?
lol I know.. I think something like this is a great idea though. I make physical cryptos like Casascius and was always wanting something like this. I suppose for a 1st attempt its awesome. I certainly would put a shrine up in my living room and worship someone who has made this. I just wouldnt use it really I would only keep it as something cool to have.

Yeah, I was rather skeptical myself about these devices at first, but if they polish this technology of transactionless money transfer in the future and make it as cheap as dirt and as reliable as a Swiss watch (and recyclable at that), then it might get traction as well as widespread recognition and popularity after all...

For example, between retail merchants and suppliers
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
maybe they come in a pair of 2 with the same address... You can use either to withdraw the bitcoin...

That would work. It  would double the price per transaction but it would be safer and work. So if you ever accept one you have to take 2.

How would you know that exactly this batch of opendimes is not supplied as triples, to provide for an even better reliability? And you would actually need to take all three of them to avoid a double-spend...

lol I know.. I think something like this is a great idea though. I make physical cryptos like Casascius and was always wanting something like this. I suppose for a 1st attempt its awesome. I certainly would put a shrine up in my living room and worship someone who has made this. I just wouldnt use it really I would only keep it as something cool to have.
legendary

legendary
Also lets say you put in 10 BTC and it gets lost... there is no back up or way to redeam it right? what if it malfunctions or something. Hmm its interesting but with out a back up I would be pretty worried. But with a back up its pointless. Hmm this is really interesting idea but there must be something as a fail safe. IE. removable memory or something. Is there anything?

The only safe back-up of sorts that I can come up with is to split your bitcoins between two sticks. On the other hand, this increases the cumulative risk of one device malfunctioning two times, wtf...

So it still seems to be six of one and half a dozen of the other

Yeah... It would be good enough for me if there was a tamper proof piece of memory that contained the private key or something. Personally I would feel very not safe putting 10 bitcoin on here. Although its a great concept just this slight bad feeling I got about it.

Damn its just Almost perfect Smiley Im still gonna buy some.

As the rep has said, opendimes are not intended for keeping coins. Their primary purpose is to give (sell or gift) bitcoins to a person without making an actual transaction on the blockchain...

So if you don't trust these devices with 10 bitcoins (I wouldn't either), use the plain old blockchain
legendary

legendary
Also lets say you put in 10 BTC and it gets lost... there is no back up or way to redeam it right? what if it malfunctions or something. Hmm its interesting but with out a back up I would be pretty worried. But with a back up its pointless. Hmm this is really interesting idea but there must be something as a fail safe. IE. removable memory or something. Is there anything?

The only safe back-up of sorts that I can come up with is to split your bitcoins between two sticks. On the other hand, this increases the cumulative risk of one device malfunctioning two times, wtf...

Yeah... It would be good enough for me if there was a tamper proof piece of memory that contained the private key or something. Personally I would feel very not safe putting 10 bitcoin on here. Although its a great concept just this slight bad feeling I got about it.

Damn its just Almost perfect Smiley Im still gonna buy some.
legendary

legendary
legendary
This is Perfect!!! is it open source? also do you know the precise deimentions please?  How many do you have? I would be interested in 50 but need precise deimentions 1st please Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Interesting proposal, deisik, re a password to protect Opendime.

But, my question for nvK today would be how an Opendime's balance could be accessed if all wallets in the future become HD wallets.

My (poor) understanding is that HD wallets do not permit importing Private Keys.  This may be a problem if there is no way in the future to "sweep" balance from an Opendime to and HD wallet.

How do we move BTC "from" an Opendime to an HD wallet (for that matter, to a Ledge Nano or a Trezor) or other wallets in the future?
Pages:
Jump to: