Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OPENDIME v3 – Now *Genuine Verified* Bitcoin Credit Stick (in stock!) - page 6. (Read 16498 times)

nvK
Activity: 381
Merit: 259
nvK

A nice review by Beatyon; Exquisite OpenDime https://medium.com/@beautyon_/exquisite-opendime-ad1195a2790e

When we first read about OpenDime, the hardware Bitcoin Wallet, we were exited by what they appeared to have built; a USB Bitcoin device, that is simple to use, tiny, tamper evident and which is free of intimidating bells and whistles. We had to buy some to test, and it lives up to our expectations...

read whole post
nvK
Because you can't make a backup of the key, it's not advisable to use it that way.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Hi NvK

I just ordered some OpenDime wallets.  I look forward to experimenting with them.  Smiley

At your website, you write that "properly stored" the OpneDime should be OK for decades.  But, not meant for long-term storage.

I would LIKE to store some of my BTC for a long time!  I would appreciate your comments, it's OK to write them here for the BTC Community here at bitcointalk.

It is still not crystal clear to me how it works (from the user standpoint), I have watched the video.  I'll ask more specific questions later if I still have them.  It may be easy to figure out once I have them in hand.

Please PM me with a phone number "just in case".  I do have a "secret word" should I ever have to call.
nvK

2nd Batch completely shipped,

and now we have Opendime IN STOCK!

Order here https://opendime.com/cart
legendary

That is very good news, nvK.

A low cost and easy to use hardware wallet is likely to do well.  I hope that we get some reviews.  If your product works well, you may want to start planning your third and fourth production runs.

When do you expect to be able to ship this new batch?
nvK
nvK

UPDATES!

• 1. You can now buy Opendimes with BTCBitcoin right on the shopping cart! https://opendime.com/cart
  • 2. one click Opendime balances check from the opendime/index.htm file

nvK
I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen

Opendime is not a direct competitor to Ledger, is meat for a completely different use. In this model, no user knows the private key! So it's less of a wallet and more of a bearer bond.

With Postal Mail shipping to US total cost is...

Our bitcoin shopping cart is almost ready, we've been taking orders via [email protected] for Bitcoin. We've sold a lot in bulk to resellers too, which will likely sell in brick and mortar "retail near you" with no shipping cost. We are looking for a better carrier deal, but this product is not paper thin like ledger so it is not as cheap to ship.

@BitcoinNewsMagazine I would strongly suggest you take a close look at our FAQ and other material on https://opendime.com, a lot to be learned there.

Sorry no interest here in OpenDime. I do have some experience marketing and selling on the web, just pointing out that your potential customers want to see the price up front and pay with bitcoin. You probably have lost customers by not making the web site clearer and incorporating bitcoin payments from the start. Good luck with your project.

We have sold-out the first batch in the first few weeks and have sold the second batch (much bigger) extremely well.

I don't disagree, we have the bitcoin cart on the way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen

Opendime is not a direct competitor to Ledger, is meat for a completely different use. In this model, no user knows the private key! So it's less of a wallet and more of a bearer bond.

Our bitcoin shopping cart is almost ready, we've been taking orders via [email protected] for Bitcoin. We've sold a lot in bulk to resellers too, which will likely sell in brick and mortar "retail near you" with no shipping cost. We are looking for a better carrier deal, but this product is not paper thin like ledger so it is not as cheap to ship.

@BitcoinNewsMagazine I would strongly suggest you take a close look at our FAQ and other material on https://opendime.com, a lot to be learned there.

Sorry no interest here in OpenDime. I do have some experience marketing and selling on the web, just pointing out that your potential customers want to see the price up front and pay with bitcoin. You probably have lost customers by not making the web site clearer and incorporating bitcoin payments from the start. Good luck with your project.
nvK

Second batch update!

The new boards are being populated at the factory this week.

If you haven't reserved yours, do it soon!

If you don't want to pay via CreditCard, we've been taking orders for BTCitcoin via [email protected] until the new shopping cart is ready.
nvK

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I spent some time on Opendime site trying to figure out how much this piece of hardware cost.
And it turns out it is only visible if you are filling out shipping information, not the best idea imo.
Also as others already pointed - I was disappointed to see you are accepting only credit cards payment.
Because of that I won't be able to buy it unfortunately as I don't have credit/debit card.

The lowest price Opendime package is a pack of three Opendime for $37.50. With Postal Mail shipping to US total cost is $46.20. That works out to a cost of a little over $15 per Opendime. In comparison you can get a full featured Ledger HW.1 hardware wallet shipped free to US for $18.

I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen. Also, you really should have integrated bitcoin payment using Bitpay or Coinbase from the start.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
Yeah, it's not recommended for long term storage since there's no way to backup the private key (at least in the current version) according to the FAQ. Still a good solution for those looking for something between a physical coin and a paperwallet.
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
I like the idea only problem I see is if you use this long term and it malfunctions there is no back up
nvK
Neat!

Jeff Garzik on Twitter: "Neat. @opendime = a credstick, from shadowrun science fiction: http://garzikrants.blogspot.ca/2013/06/shadowrun-and-bitcoins-roots.html
https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/741275585939267584

@OPENDIME Already did - these are my comments post-test and post-review.
https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/741281079265370112
nvK

Thanks OROBTC, we've been taking a bunch of new sales for BTC manually via support and hope to start coding a new shopping cart soon.

On a another note, we have the release notes for this next batch!

Code:
16c11de6269b47689dcad2406677c489bdfbe166c93f78944884952b37a0d902

• Download Example
  • Added 6 translations: 中文 • 日本語 • Portuguese • Français • Deutsch • Русский
  • The red LED briefly flashes in startup mode (was off before)
  • A 32-byte, binary user-supplied message can be signed over a new USB EP0 interface.
  • New code in advanced/trustme.py to test multiple signatures, and more low-level checks.
  • Bugfix: Updated URL for Bitaccess.co (was .ca)
  • Bugfix: Drive didn't always eject/reappear properly on El Capitan
  • Bugfix: Advanced/variables.json showed PRIVKEY_XX... when sealed, now blank instead
  • Performance: disk read performance has been improved.
legendary

nvK

It sounds like your new wallet is moving along very well.  Congratulations!  I strongly suspect that once several reviews of OPENDIME appear here at this forum (reddit too I suppose), that your sales will be excellent.

But, I agree with above comments that as soon as possible you should have a Bitcoin payment system for purchases.  I hope to be one of the first to order once you have a secure system in place.

I mentioned your product once at Zero Hedge a few weeks ago.  Even though ZH members tend to be against Bitcoin, s knowledgeable member or two thought that your product was a most excellent idea.

Get that production cranked up, resolve the security doubts that some here have, and offer BTC payment as an option, and I suspect your product will FLY....
nvK
A quick note, the second batch will have multi-language user interface!

中文 • 日本語 • English • Portuguese • Français • Deutsch • Русский
Pages:
Jump to: