Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OPTION COIN -NEW WALLET!!! PLEASE UPDAE BEFORE 20 GMT 07/06/2015!! - page 8. (Read 16438 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
It's not just about difficulty you know Wink

I know, it's about the network stake weight, my stake weight, coin age and difficulty. All of which should be culminating in me staking a block in ten minutes or less pretty much guaranteed.

At any rate, you have a dev who thinks that the block count stops when PoW mining ends (even though looking at the explorer we can CLEARLY see that block 1008 is a PoS block, LOL), you have a dev who doesn't even attempt to help what just might possibly be an issue with my client or the network, he just says "oh, everyone must have closed their wallet" meanwhile everyone is getting on here to tell me that they are staking just fine (obviously their wallets aren't closed) and you have a community so in denial that rather than try to be helpful, they label me a fudder.

Great coin you have here.
Activity: 589
Merit: 500
I smell someone that want to get in cheap and try to create nonsense about network problems. ROS coin did 17 hours to find a POS block, if nobody is staking then no blocks are generated, everybody knows that. Nice try to create some FUDs Cheesy

Also, I would bet damn good money that the PoS difficulty was MUCH higher than 0.00024414 when they had that 17 hour block...

You don't understand how POS works. Difficulty doesn't say anything about how hard it is to stake a block. It only says how hard it is to find kernel. But that's just one part of generating stake.
I smell someone that want to get in cheap and try to create nonsense about network problems. ROS coin did 17 hours to find a POS block, if nobody is staking then no blocks are generated, everybody knows that. Nice try to create some FUDs Cheesy

Also, I would bet damn good money that the PoS difficulty was MUCH higher than 0.00024414 when they had that 17 hour block...
Activity: 589
Merit: 500
If there is only a few people staking (most likely that is the cause) and those people turn off their wallet then no POS blocks are being generated. I believe the major problem at this moment is that a lot of coins are still on Yobit and only a few people are staking, and then it can take a long time indeed.

OK, but the difficulty is low enough that I should be staking with no problem. The likelihood of me going 2+ hours without staking on a difficulty of 0.00024414 is highly unlikely. I should have something like a 94% probability to stake within 10 minutes having 5,000 mature coins at that difficulty.

Also, the probability of a large number of people who have coins to stake all closing their clients in the past 2 hours is astronomical. Why would anyone close their client when it's assumable they have coins to stake?

It's not just about difficulty you know Wink
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
any info on major update simonsays please

And I smell denial.
If there is only a few people staking (most likely that is the cause) and those people turn off their wallet then no POS blocks are being generated. I believe the major problem at this moment is that a lot of coins are still on Yobit and only a few people are staking, and then it can take a long time indeed.

OK, but the difficulty is low enough that I should be staking with no problem. The likelihood of me going 2+ hours without staking on a difficulty of 0.00024414 is highly unlikely. I should have something like a 94% probability to stake within 10 minutes having 5,000 mature coins at that difficulty.

Also, the probability of a large number of people who have coins to stake all closing their clients in the past 2 hours is astronomical. Why would anyone close their client when it's assumable they have coins to stake?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
As you can see, after restart it shows I have processed 1008 blocks (the "current" count) and it shows I am out of sync. Also, the staking is still stuck saying "0" seconds to find reward but not finding anything:

But that is normal, those values are always wrong. I never saw a coin with the correct information in the box. I'm staking, and it will take some time before blocks are find, that is normal with POS coins.

This is not my first POS coin either and I can tell you that the PoS difficulty should be changing to keep the block count consistent, no one has staked a block in over 2 hours. The current PoS difficulty according to my client is: 0.00024414 which is insanely easy, there is no way we should be stuck on a block for 2 hours.

When you restart a PoS client that is working correctly, you don't end up stuck with "out of sync".

There IS a problem.

go go go buy support at 51:D
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
As you can see, after restart it shows I have processed 1008 blocks (the "current" count) and it shows I am out of sync. Also, the staking is still stuck saying "0" seconds to find reward but not finding anything:

But that is normal, those values are always wrong. I never saw a coin with the correct information in the box. I'm staking, and it will take some time before blocks are find, that is normal with POS coins.

This is not my first POS coin either and I can tell you that the PoS difficulty should be changing to keep the block count consistent, no one has staked a block in over 2 hours. The current PoS difficulty according to my client is: 0.00024414 which is insanely easy, there is no way we should be stuck on a block for 2 hours.

When you restart a PoS client that is working correctly, you don't end up stuck with "out of sync".

There IS a problem.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

http://s11.postimg.org/uxdduyc7n/screen2.png

There IS a problem.

There IS a problem.

Also, I don't know what clients you have been running, but I was around for the original PoS coin (ppcoin) and I can tell you that when PoS is properly implemented you don't have these problems.
legendary

legendary
Coin worth investing on?

Of course it's worth it. With Masternode price of at least 1-2kSat.
Many people are currently investing in this coin.

soon Bittrex  Cool

I would say 500 - 750 sats, everything more is nice Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Coin worth investing on?

Of course it's worth it. With Masternode price of at least 1-2kSat.
Many people are currently investing in this coin.

soon Bittrex  Cool
Also, is it just me, or is the network stuck on block 1008?

Mining stopped, now stake blocks are created.

OK, but stake blocks are still blocks and should show up on the explorer all the same and continue to raise the block count as well, otherwise how are we confirming tx's on this network lol...

Also, any explanation as to why my client isn't staking as I have been asking for two days now...?

EDIT: BTW, restarting my client still shows me on block 1008 but it says I am out of sync and 2 hours behind, something is definitely wrong.
Activity: 474
Merit: 263
Coin worth investing on?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

Mining stopped, now stake blocks are created.

EDIT: it's not just me, both block explorers from OP are stuck on 1008 as well.
I'm still not staking correctly:

As you can see, it says I have 4,999 weight vs a network weight of "0" and an expected reward in "0" seconds. The wallet has successfully staked one time, last night when I first opened my wallet it staked a block. Then when it became eligible for staking again, it got stuck here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: