Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Orbitcoin v1.6.0.0 ~ NeoScrypt ~ Green Stake ~ 4 Years Old - page 11. (Read 201004 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

PoS reward halved (since block 2500001)

Now every stake will give you 0.50 ORB (for the next 500k blocks)

Past weeks most alts lowered in price, also Orbitcoin.
Now is a good time to buy some ORB for a low price and to stake
your ORB while the reward is still on a high rate  Smiley

Orbitcoin is 5+ years old and still alive and kickin'  Smiley

wow, what amount does generate this freqency of POS?
TvZ
Activity: 315
Merit: 251

PoS reward halved (since block 2500001)

Now every stake will give you 0.50 ORB (for the next 500k blocks)

Past weeks most alts lowered in price, also Orbitcoin.
Now is a good time to buy some ORB for a low price and to stake
your ORB while the reward is still on a high rate  Smiley

Orbitcoin is 5+ years old and still alive and kickin'  Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 19

Over 100 coins on the pool, with more added regularly!
BlockMasters.co (Formally BlockMunch) has added OrbitCoin to it's Multi-Pool!  Only 0.25% Fee's!
We are now a Multi-Pool!  We mine the most profitable coin always, and maximize your return!
Choose your payout style.  We pay out in this coin, BTC, LTC, and any coin we currently have listed on the pool!

You can also use your ASIC's in our SHA256, X11, & Scrypt ports and get paid in this coin or BTC!  Just change the algo and the port number in the example belows!

Example Config is Below for OrbitCoin Pay:
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4233 -u oMaQtUzPrNGd6eduQGbj7CcY2ajoYDa1sY -p c=ORB 

To mine only this coin use mc=ORB, example below for BTC pay & mining this coin only.  You can also mine this coin and get paid in this coin by using c=ORB,mc=ORB as your password.
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4233 -u 1JFx3fE462vMsTeYkNK5yvdWeg2wpmxvBD -p c=BTC,mc=ORB

Example Config Below for BTC Pay
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4233 -u 1JFx3fE462vMsTeYkNK5yvdWeg2wpmxvBD -p c=BTC 

Example Config Below for LTC Pay
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4233 -u LRgQk63NRnJQ8PBTU8yyHAm5aGfNjzhMZu -p c=LTC 
Block Explorer Link:
Code:
blockmasters.co/explorer/ORB

Peer List:
Code:
blockmasters.co/explorer/peers?id=579

BlockMasters.Co Discord Link: https://discord.gg/RNnVAB4

BlockMasters.Co BitcoinTalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blockmastersco-130-coins-us-eu-as-35-scrypt-coins-doge-payouts-2362982

Welcome to BlockMasters!

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
@ghostlander, if I'm looking at this right, do we have ~300K Orbitcoins left to be mined?

Thanks for all of the great work through the years.

3.77 million - 3.24 million = 0.53 million left

The next halving is near.

Thank you, that's good to know the right amount.

I looked at the OP and didn't see where the halving was mentioned.  At which block does the halving occur?  Also, will there be any other halvings before 3.77 million is reached?

The halvings are every 500 thousand blocks. There will be many more until the limit is reached.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
@ghostlander, if I'm looking at this right, do we have ~300K Orbitcoins left to be mined?

Thank you, that's good to know the right amount.

I looked at the OP and didn't see where the halving was mentioned.  At which block does the halving occur?  Also, will there be any other halvings before 3.77 million is reached?
legendary

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

legendary
Seperate note, why is there no whitepaper and who is the original Dev and who are the current team members?

I write a white paper if I develop something new which cannot be explained in a forum post like I've done with the NeoScrypt algorithm. I've never thought Orbitcoin needs a white paper of its own.

There was no original dev. One chap wanted a customised coin, so he paid another chap who made it happen. That was in 2013. Since the 1st chap had no clue in programming and the 2nd one had no intention of working for free, things went downhill in just a few months. I was contracted to fix it up and took over eventually.

Ghostlander, Ok I read about you as the original dev just last night. This is a great coin with huge value compared to other coins.  Your staking in wallet is ingenious, and the value of the coin has been maintained. I think you should be proud man. Also I don't think this coin would be difficult to market to get other investors involved. Definitely just needs a direction. I have been asking around in other coin communities about in wallet staking and no one seems to know how or understand this.  Everyone wants investors to drop loads on master nodes.  Thank you ghostlander, your contributions are immense!  And you developed NSGminer correct? wow. Im a fan!

Ok,

Can you help me with this .conf file that I cant seem to get working?

I'm inclined to think the whole concept of master nodes is unfair. One coin holder should not have a financial advantage over another coin holder just because he is a kind of whale. Everyone must have the same rights in a decentralised trustless network.

Yes, NSGminer is my work. I've forked BFGminer about 2.5 years back, customised it and added NeoScrypt. There may be faster miners out there, but NSGminer is open source and comes with more features than any competitor.

If you put orbitcoin.conf, a simple ASCII text file, in your data subdirectory, it should be picked up by the wallet on a start-up.

Should I stay with Orbit or migrate everything to Trezar? Smiley

The decision is entirely up to you.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Seperate note, why is there no whitepaper and who is the original Dev and who are the current team members?

I write a white paper if I develop something new which cannot be explained in a forum post like I've done with the NeoScrypt algorithm. I've never thought Orbitcoin needs a white paper of its own.

There was no original dev. One chap wanted a customised coin, so he paid another chap who made it happen. That was in 2013. Since the 1st chap had no clue in programming and the 2nd one had no intention of working for free, things went downhill in just a few months. I was contracted to fix it up and took over eventually.

Ghostlander, Ok I read about you as the original dev just last night. This is a great coin with huge value compared to other coins.  Your staking in wallet is ingenious, and the value of the coin has been maintained. I think you should be proud man. Also I don't think this coin would be difficult to market to get other investors involved. Definitely just needs a direction. I have been asking around in other coin communities about in wallet staking and no one seems to know how or understand this.  Everyone wants investors to drop loads on master nodes.  Thank you ghostlander, your contributions are immense!  And you developed NSGminer correct? wow. Im a fan!

Ok,

I'm inclined to think the whole concept of master nodes is unfair. One coin holder should not have a financial advantage over another coin holder just because he is a kind of whale. Everyone must have the same rights in a decentralised trustless network.

Yes, NSGminer is my work. I've forked BFGminer about 2.5 years back, customised it and added NeoScrypt. There may be faster miners out there, but NSGminer is open source and comes with more features than any competitor.

If you put orbitcoin.conf, a simple ASCII text file, in your data subdirectory, it should be picked up by the wallet on a start-up.

Should I stay with Orbit or migrate everything to Trezar? Smiley
legendary

Ok,

Ghostlander, I would love to help with this project and I know others who can lend a hand here too. Some landmarks have already been reached with this coin. How can we get into contact?

Ok,

legendary

@madav1138

Enter command "getmininginfo" into the console. What are the values of variables "stakecombine" and "stakesplit"?

When I ran it last time I didn't see either of those listed

In this case we are running different wallets. Mine is version 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.5.

Ok yes sorry Im not being specific...I am running the 1.6 Windows wallet...thanks
Activity: 876
Merit: 291
@madav1138

Enter command "getmininginfo" into the console. What are the values of variables "stakecombine" and "stakesplit"?

In this case we are running different wallets. Mine is version 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.5.
@madav1138

@madav1138

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502
Orbitcoin (ORB) listed at https://MissExchange.com

Trading pair:
ORB/BTC

Happy trading Smiley

Best Regards MissExchange

Orbitcoin (ORB) delisted from Exchange because of no volume, non deposit and non activity.

Best Regards MissExchange

Lolwut? Delisted for lack of activity after a mere 3 days? On an exchange I've never heard of before?

This is where we all are. U are crying out. As uve lost a number of satoshis just recently u cant afford a mug wipe for ur face to mask those lube-like tears. I ll ship u a nice cotton rounded wipe made of human skin under the condition that u will always have carry that in ur portable clutch. Should my eyes see u around here here again I will bestow a bonemelting punch upon ur head.

My linux configuration file "orbitcoin.conf" contains the following lines:
stakecombine=500
stakesplit=1000

So its reads like this:

irc=1
dns=1
qtstyle=2
daemon=1
server=1
stakegen=1
logtimestamps=1
minersleep=2000
stakemintime=72
stakecombine=50
stakesplit=100
port=15298
rpcport=15299
rpcuser=someuser
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=seed0.orbitcoin.org:15298
addnode=seed1.orbitcoin.org:15298

and then I saved it as "orbitcoin.conf" in the data subfolder

What am I missing?  Because it didn't change anything in the wallet.

My linux configuration file "orbitcoin.conf" contains the following lines:
stakecombine=500
stakesplit=1000
Pages:
Jump to: