Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Orbitcoin v1.6.0.0 ~ NeoScrypt ~ Green Stake ~ 4 Years Old - page 2. (Read 200997 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, the bootstrap link does not work, anyone got a working link for windows?
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
ghostlander: "technically valid" what does that mean.  will the total maximum amount of coins change by that 150k?

Exactly.

should everyone download new version now?

I've decided to make a couple more small improvements and compile Windows binaries after. It's a matter of a few days.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
ghostlander: "technically valid" what does that mean.  will the total maximum amount of coins change by that 150k?

should everyone download new version now?
legendary
Orbitcoin v1.6.2.0 has been released.

It's a mandatory update for pools and exchanges addressing a critical vulnerability. There was a bug in block verification code that originated from PPC. It affected only hybrid PoW/PoS coins. It could never make itself to the block chain under normal circumstances. Someone could generate a PoW block with a valid coin base, a valid regular tx, and a rogue coin stake or even a few. The block verification code did not check for such injected coin stakes. What was even worse, it didn't check output values at all. A tx with a million coins output basically out of thin air was perfectly acceptable, though it would be never accepted to a mempool. The attacker had to compose a PoW block, mine it and broadcast to the network.

That's exactly what has happened in block 3237780. 150k coins were generated, 70k were sold on Freiexchange the next day, the rest were dumped recently on the 8th/9th of September crashing the price to 200 sats. The hack has been brought to my attention too late to counter it, even though I have identified the attack vector and patched the vulnerability in just a couple of a hours. It's a very bad idea to roll back such a large part of the block chain, besides the coins have been sold already. Whoever have purchased them at such a low price, well, enjoy them. They are technically valid coins.

Windows and Mac binaries coming.
legendary
8th anniversary 3 days ago  Wink

Yes, actually Smiley I have almost forgotten. I've also scheduled a new release with all updates and bug fixes over the last 2+ years.
8th anniversary 3 days ago  Wink
legendary
I need some technical help with my Orbitcoin Digital wallet app I downloaded from this forum. It says that it is offline, not connected and I haven't found the option where I can toggle it back online. How do I connect my Orbitcoin digital wallet to the Orbitcoin Network.

It still isn't functioning properly
Add this to your .conf file
addnode=seed0.orbitcoin.org:15298
addnode=seed1.orbitcoin.org:15298

where exactly is the .conf file located
I created a .conf notepad file and placed it inside the data folder and added the two codes

It should be named orbitcoin.conf and placed inside the data subdir, or it won't be picked up. The wallet can learn about new peers from IRC unless you have blocked it.

Today after about 24 hours, the wallet still didn't sync. I will try placing the orbitcoin.conf notepad file with the two add nodes code written on it, in the folder called database inside the folder named data. Yesterday I had it placed just inside the folder named data.

Data, not database.
copper member
Activity: 9
I need some technical help with my Orbitcoin Digital wallet app I downloaded from this forum. It says that it is offline, not connected and I haven't found the option where I can toggle it back online. How do I connect my Orbitcoin digital wallet to the Orbitcoin Network.

I created a .conf notepad file and placed it inside the data folder and added the two codes

It should be named orbitcoin.conf and placed inside the data subdir, or it won't be picked up. The wallet can learn about new peers from IRC unless you have blocked it.

Today after about 24 hours, the wallet still didn't sync. I will try placing the orbitcoin.conf notepad file with the two add nodes code written on it, in the folder called database inside the folder named data. Yesterday I had it placed just inside the folder named data.
legendary

copper member

copper member

Activity: 30

copper member

legendary
Activity: 967
Merit: 1002
I need some technical help with my Orbitcoin Digital wallet app I downloaded from this forum. It says that is is offline, not connected and I haven't found the option where I can toggle it back online. How do I connect my Orbitcoin digital wallet to the Orbitcoin Network.
Just keep it running for some time, should connect eventually.
copper member
Activity: 1
Regarding mining in PoS, you have to put the orbitcoin.conf file somewhere or that was for PoW.

Just keep it running. If the tribar in the wallet's lower right corner glows yellow, it's staking.

I downloaded its blockchain and bought some ORB.
how to active that yellow triangle at bottom of right corner?
POS mining enabled but the triangle color does not shine.

edit:

It fixed automatically after few days.
looking at it, its interesting how many blocks contain coin transactions.
depends on how many coins you have, but its better to split them to more adresses for staking

Can you explain why it is better to have them on different addresses? Is this security related or POS related? Ty!

i took this guide from reddit: it was written for different coin, but most of it is still relevant here:
note that after finding PoS block, the imput has to age one day before it starts staking again.

personally i have also more adresses (its more for sorting by purpose and labeling reasons in this case), but imagine you had 10000 bitcoins in your wallet and kept them in just 1 address. then you would send or received a payment to/from someone on the internet, or even your friend. they could check your current balance in no time. Cheesy

New to staking? Try this Guide.
FAQ

POS Guide |Credit: Crofly

Staking starts if coins are at least 1 day in the wallet. For staking the wallet has to be open

Wallet uses every input for staking. The more coins you have and longer they are in your wallet (max age 16 days) the higher chance they have to get a pos block
    It's also based on luck and difficulty

After an input is rewarded with a pos block, its coinage is resetted to 0, so this input has to wait 1 day again for it to stake..

Additionally if the input was bigger than stakesplit (default: 400 ) and coinage was not max ( 16 days ) they will be split in 2 halfs
    For example if an input of 100k coins gets a pos block before its coinage is 12 days, it will be split in 2 halfs to 2x 50k and of course coinage resetted to 0
    For inputs this autosplit the wallet does repeats until the value "stakesplit" in your config has been reached

so it may take a while until a stack of 100k or more is splitted into stacks of 500 coins

As the Autosplit may take a while depending on the sice of coins one has, it helps to manually split them manually to like 10k / 1k / or even 300 inputs
    This can be achieved by sending the amount to a new address in your wallet via coin control
    Before you do, check the next point first

Sending/splitting coins of a big stack resets coin age of the coins you want to split and the remaining ones
    The remaining coins will be moved to another change address in the wallet, that's why it's coin age will be 0 again

Stakecombine combines input that are below the value in the config ( default 200 ) with max 10 inputs together
    If you have many small blocks, manually combining them could help

Please be advised, those are only my personal researches and understandings of how it works

Staking options

-stakegen= Generate coin stakes (default: 1 = enabled)

-stakemintime=Set the min. stake input block chain time in hours (default: 48 or testnet: 1)

-stakemindepth=Set the min. stake input block chain depth in confirmations (default: follow -stakeminage)

-stakeminvalue= Set the min. stake input value in coins (default: 1.0)

-stakecombine=Try to combine inputs while staking up to this limit in coins (20 < n < 200; default: 20)

Also have  a look at post linked in first post of this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7744291
Activity: 883
Merit: 556
cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP
depends on how many coins you have, but its better to split them to more adresses for staking

Can you explain why it is better to have them on different addresses? Is this security related or POS related? Ty!
Pages:
Jump to: