Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 320. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Who is the pascalcoin dev? Anonymous person?

"All code is new and written by the Pascal Coin creator Albert Molina"
From Pascal Coin Wiki

it is too difficult for discerend it well when there is no proper detail provided to us.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I think it has something to do with the CPU you are using. Some of my rigs work at 100% same speed as the previous miner and others work at 50% of previous speed.

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Congrats to miner with name "apolapolapolapol------------------"  (miner with 34 chars length) who mined block 54084

http://explorer.pascalcoin.org/block.php?block=54084

Is the first miner to win a block using new PascalCoin OpenCL miner  Cool

It seems not possible to set GPU intensity at new miner and looks like, that cause lower hashrate ( compared to old miner where intensity  
 option is available and hashrate is much higher )

Yeah new miner work well  Cool

I've noticed this also. Intensity was not one of the options offered with "-h" so I didn't try it. My Hawaii card reports less than half the hashrate it was getting before though. I haven't yet checked whether temperature and/or electricity consumption have gone down - perhaps it's a worthwhile trade-off. I haven't yet found a block with the new miner (12 hours in) so there's a nagging doubt that it may not be set up right, even though everything seems to be working.

Edit: Update - found a block, so that part's OK. I see there's another miner update now so I'll try that soon.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Congrats to miner with name "apolapolapolapol------------------"  (miner with 34 chars length) who mined block 54084

Is the first miner to win a block using new PascalCoin OpenCL miner  Cool

It seems not possible to set GPU intensity at new miner and looks like, that cause lower hashrate ( compared to old miner where intensity   
 option is available and hashrate is much higher )

Yeah new miner work well  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Congrats to miner with name "apolapolapolapol------------------"  (miner with 34 chars length) who mined block 54084

Remember that:
- With PascalCoinMiner.exe you can have a miner name length from 0 to 255 chars length (Not limited to fixed 10). Miner will auto right-padd miner name with "-" chars to be more efficient.
- With PascalCoinMiner.exe you can mine using secp256k1, secp384r1, secp283k1 or secp521r1. Not limited to only use secp256k1
- You can start PascalCoinMiner.exe multiple times, one for each GPU device you have
  - NOTE: Remember to add a diferent miner name on each GPU device

Finally:
- Remember that account 2-34 is for donations about Miner development

Where do I find the miner ?!? I installed version 1.4.1, but it's no where to be found... ?!
Activity: 1111
Merit: 588

"All code is new and written by the Pascal Coin creator Albert Molina"
From Pascal Coin Wiki
legendary
Activity: 1030

Remember that:
- With PascalCoinMiner.exe you can have a miner name length from 0 to 255 chars length (Not limited to fixed 10). Miner will auto right-padd miner name with "-" chars to be more efficient.
- With PascalCoinMiner.exe you can mine using secp256k1, secp384r1, secp283k1 or secp521r1. Not limited to only use secp256k1
- You can start PascalCoinMiner.exe multiple times, one for each GPU device you have

Finally:

Activity: 334
Merit: 263

Remember that:

Finally:
Activity: 261
Merit: 255
if people want pascal im almost certain its more efficient to mine a top coin and just use the proceeds to buy pascal

There is not much Pascal on Cryptopia and price looks very high.

High?
The market cap of pascal is about $20k. That's nothing. If it goes 10x, it's still nothing.
Activity: 248
Merit: 12
Voronkov Ventures accelerator of pre-seed projects
if people want pascal im almost certain its more efficient to mine a top coin and just use the proceeds to buy pascal

There is not much Pascal on Cryptopia and price looks very high.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
how do I get it to mine on all GPUs? So far I need to launch one window per GPU.
-p 0 -d 0 -d 1 -d 2 -d 3 -d 4 -d 5

doesn't work on a 6 GPU system.

Also it only seems to work on an i3 CPU or better because on my Celerons and Semprons the GPU usage is ~50% and speed is half as before.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
https://boscoin.io
What happens if a node gets an enough hash power and edit the 'safe box', then call it a validate one?  Huh
How do you check back with the integrity?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
pascal coin does have a nice wallet and whether synchronization is good?
Activity: 673
Merit: 500
Paging @ocminer
or maybe maxminers or pool.mn can step up
legendary
Activity: 1330
is it possible to get a MAC wallet?

I was fucked up by my windows pc.

wanna try on Mac.

great job, dev!
Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015
Great news!

Thank you, I will test it tomorrow  Cool
Activity: 334
Merit: 263
Hi Pascal users!

New PascalCoin Build 1.4.1

AND

PascalCoin OpenCL Miner beta 0.1

EDITED: See new post with newer build versions of Pascal Coin Miner: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17574340

PascalCoin miner is fully open source without proxy. Is a "all in one" that you can use to mine (GPU and CPU) using OpenCL drivers installed in your computer.
Is partially based on Vorksholk optimized .cl file, but without some limitations:
- You can use a miner name without length restrictions  Grin
- Miner connects directly with PascalCoin wallet (without proxy) and uses Wallet miner name, adding the miner name specified when executed
- Just try it... very easy to use

Download binaries/installer of Wallet 1.4.1 or Miner at SourceForge files:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalcoin/files

Full source code (Wallet, and miner) at GitHub:
https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin

How to mine:
- Execute Wallet and config Options menu: Set a "Miner name" and activate JSON-RPC Server miner port
- Execute through command line "PascalCoinMiner.exe" adding params. Execute "PascalCoinMiner.exe -h" for help
- Miner will connect with Wallet and get Wallet's miner name. Miner will also have a Miner name that will be added to Wallet miner name.
  - Resulting name will be:  Wallet miner name + Miner name + auto padding (Auto padding are - chars to have an efficient length to mine)
- Just wait

How to "Pool mine": (Example for pool operators)
- This Miner allows to connect to a Pool server (using PascalCoin JSON-RPC miner protocol, similar to stratum)
- Pool server will have a name, for example "poolserver"
- Each client must use a "user name" provided by pool server that will be added to "poolserver" when mining.
- When a miner founds a valid nOnce/Timestamp, will send those values to the server
- Server will receive a JSON with "timestamp","nonce" and "payload", payload value will be "poolserver"+"user name"+"auto padding"
- Pool Server will decode JSON, test if using "timestamp","nonce" and "payload" is correct, and then will obtain "user name" from "payload" to reward users

Activity: 261
Merit: 255
WTB 180 000 at 550 sats

Or you just market buy it and take pascal to new highs Wink
Jump to: