Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 365. (Read 990744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Dev is happy... PascalCoin will be fully crosscompatible: Windows & Linux

Now working on testing it, now works very well... after I'll release source code.

Here you have a Screen Capture of my Ubuntu 16.04

Note: Do you see a column called "Mh/s" ?   Cool Cool Cool

Looks great! Any eta on when the Linux version will be released?
Will you have binaries as well or just the source and we compile ourselves?
Activity: 334
Merit: 263
I'm guessing you're calculating MH from the time it takes to solve the block and not actual hash rate of the miner in question?

Yes. Mh/s is calculated based on average to solve last blocks. It's the network hash rate
legendary
Activity: 1694
Go Big or Go Home.....
I'm guessing you're calculating MH from the time it takes to solve the block and not actual hash rate of the miner in question?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Now working on testing it, now works very well... after I'll release source code.

very nice design. the result of the great thinker of the team pascal. This will be good news for the pascal mania Grin Grin
Activity: 334
Merit: 263

legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
No, if I remember correctly, Vork mentioned that each miner/card (instance) works on its own.

Yeah for some reason after 5 minutes of mining it always shuts down one gpu. No errors and no crashes. If I mine eth on one and PC on the other it's fine though. Lol.

I have the same problem.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
No, if I remember correctly, Vork mentioned that each miner/card (instance) works on its own.

Yeah for some reason after 5 minutes of mining it always shuts down one gpu. No errors and no crashes. If I mine eth on one and PC on the other it's fine though. Lol.
copper member
Activity: 970
Merit: 287
Per aspera ad astra
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Running it this way, how are we sure that they don't share the //user/roaming/pascal coin folder still?

Well, in theory each user has it's own account folder, so for example with 3 users (A, B, C) you should have 3 different paths:
- C:\Users\A\Roaming\...
- C:\Users\B\Roaming\...
- C:\Users\C\Roaming\...
So does it mean the miners pool together their hashes into a single wallet? Hence this set up will increase the chance of finding a block?
copper member
Per aspera ad astra
Running it this way, how are we sure that they don't share the //user/roaming/pascal coin folder still?

Well, in theory each user has it's own account folder, so for example with 3 users (A, B, C) you should have 3 different paths:
- C:\Users\A\Roaming\...
- C:\Users\B\Roaming\...
- C:\Users\C\Roaming\...
Activity: 1008
Hi all!
is there any chats of pascal coin
telegram, slack

Here is the telegram group: https://telegram.me/pascalcoin
Activity: 377
Merit: 250
Next Generation Antivirus
Hi all!
is there any chats of pascal coin
telegram, slack
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
I am still having an issue I am having on a rig with multiple CUDA GPu's minign pascalcoin?

One one instance logged in as the user it works fine. When I switch user to another one, launch a different instance of the pascalcoinwallet then the pascalminercuda software, after a few minutes the mining instance stops on the other profile . So only one profile is active seems like when I check the GPu usage .

Same vice versa when I switch back to the first profile.

Seems like the Profile that is in the background (not logged out) stops mining after a few minutes.

Each profile is set to use a specific GPU separate form one another.

Can't figure this one out.

the system is a windows 10 pro pc with 2x GTX 1060 gpu's.

Thank you.

Not really sure how you run them but don't switch users. Just use the main account and hold the shift button down while you press the right mouse button on the file and choose run as different user. Then use the login and password of the different user. First open wallet with same user, then miner. Repeat with different user. So you have x wallets and x miners open on different users.

Ahh... Thought it had to be done on every separate profile itself. Thanks. I did not think to try that.

Still one GPU gets  shut down  after a few minutes .

Both wallet and miner running from different folders.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I am still having an issue I am having on a rig with multiple CUDA GPu's minign pascalcoin?

One one instance logged in as the user it works fine. When I switch user to another one, launch a different instance of the pascalcoinwallet then the pascalminercuda software, after a few minutes the mining instance stops on the other profile . So only one profile is active seems like when I check the GPu usage .

Seems like the Profile that is in the background (not logged out) stops mining after a few minutes.

Thank you.

Not really sure how you run them but don't switch users. Just use the main account and hold the shift button down while you press the right mouse button on the file and choose run as different user. Then use the login and password of the different user. First open wallet with same user, then miner. Repeat with different user. So you have x wallets and x miners open on different users.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

@thedreamer:
Try to launch each instance of miner from different folders for each session/user.

TY. They are.
copper member
Per aspera ad astra
Try again using the below steps:
1. Install original wallet 1.0.6
2. Extract Vork's miner somewhere and rename the wallet file to WalletPatched.exe (or whatever name different than original wallet exe)
3. Copy all files from miner folder to original installation folder
4. Start WalletPatched.exe and let it sync
5. Start miner

@thedreamer:
Try to launch each instance of miner from different folders for each session/user.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Sorry to bother,
downloaded latest wallet from OP, got it synced (had to open ports 4004 and 4009)
renamed miner to 10 character long.
closed wallet
tried running wallet in the GPU miner folder. Error: EArgumentOutOfRangeException in module rtl240bpl at 00076A52

any hints?

do i need a config in appdata?
where do i set the 1 thread of mining?

thanks in advance
(win 10 64bit with GTX)

Finally,  someone with the same error I've been getting.  If you figure it out, please let me know.
Activity: 882
now can only see pascal coin, and can not mine in my wallet, because the hash is very high. quite simply wait for the market that lists pascalcoin Grin
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
You still need transaction history to prevent double spending - you need a central consensus point which is achieved by widespread block consensus

It's a form of pruning. Sort of like how old Bitcoin transactions that are spent can be safely deleted after a period of time, so too can old blocks be pruned due to the safebox design of Pascal. Since Pascal uses a pure proof of work approach to consensus, you could keep just the headers to validate any blockchain without storing the historical transaction data after a certain safety window.
Jump to: