Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 366. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 263
You still need transaction history to prevent double spending - you need a central consensus point which is achieved by widespread block consensus

No. Please read WhitePaper (at Opening thread)

PascalCoin CORE does not need transaction history.

Transaction history is usefull, ONLY, for humans or for Third party software... or for RPC calls... not for core, nor for control double spend
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
You still need transaction history to prevent double spending - you need a central consensus point which is achieved by widespread block consensus
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
sry man
how to use all gpu ?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Who can share a windows binary of Build 1.0.5? I would like to try CPU mining at my job...

p.s. no need, I found Build 1.0.6.  Grin  https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalcoin/files/PascalCoinWalletB1.0.6.0.exe/download

I will upload it somewhere else if someone need it.

p.p.s. Intel Core i5 4210M is hashing at 1600+ kH/s (4 threads).
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
so what is the price now ... 2 k?
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Looks like the "DDoS" on the network might be submitting blocks to the network that appear to be ~1 minute in the future, causing clients at the correct time to believe they have a block with an invalid time for a while. Not sure if this would prevent them from submitting a block if they found it, but certainly interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Sorry to bother,
downloaded latest wallet from OP, got it synced (had to open ports 4004 and 4009)
renamed miner to 10 character long.
closed wallet
tried running wallet in the GPU miner folder. Error: EArgumentOutOfRangeException in module rtl240bpl at 00076A52

any hints?

do i need a config in appdata?
where do i set the 1 thread of mining?

thanks in advance
(win 10 64bit with GTX)
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Anyone know how to setup multiple instances and run multiple GPU's on one RIG?

I setup multiple users and figured out how to run the wallet.exe in  each user and switch between them, but how do I specifiy for the pascalcoincuda_smxx.exe to use GPU 0 or 1 or 2, etc/

"pascalcoincuda_smxx.exe 1" does not seem to work for example to use GPU 1.

TY

I think you need a d in there like d1 or d2

Hahaha. 'd' for DUH on my part. Thank you. That forced the GPU selection.

Thanks a bunch. Let's see how it runs.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

I setup multiple users and figured out how to run the wallet.exe in  each user and switch between them, but how do I specifiy for the pascalcoincuda_smxx.exe to use GPU 0 or 1 or 2, etc/

TY

I think you need a d in there like d1 or d2
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

TY
legendary
Hashrate's going up pretty fast!

I ordered an RX 480, and hopefully next weekend I can get around to making a (fairly unoptimized) public OpenCL miner. Ballpark estimates, AMD cards will probably pull 3-4x the performance per dollar of NVidia cards.

Awesome news! -- Thanks for what you are doing.

Of course! Although as usual, no promises (especially since I'm incredibly busy on my own projects, and I'm traveling next Sunday to Money 20/20), but I don't envision the OpenCL implementation being too difficult.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
Hashrate's going up pretty fast!

I ordered an RX 480, and hopefully next weekend I can get around to making a (fairly unoptimized) public OpenCL miner. Ballpark estimates, AMD cards will probably pull 3-4x the performance per dollar of NVidia cards.

Awesome news! -- Thanks for what you are doing.
legendary
It would be nice to have somewhere in the code where you could at least block based on names, block ocminer* and then they would have to change it, and then
it would be another block....

What would that accomplish?
Besides. We can be jealous, but not mad at whoever is dominating the hash rate. We're all in it to make $$. So unless some1 is a dirty communist, let others profit. Their investment is MUCH larger than most.

So is their potential loss if things don't work out.

Yeah, this is the part that a lot of people don't realize. There surely are people who make fantastic profits in crypto, but they also take on significant risk, and devote significant time/talent. And in the end, large farms increase the hashrate, help the security of networks, and cause the token to become more scarce, making the token more valuable and validating the network's goals by putting time, effort, and capital behind investing in it.

At the same time, it's always unnerving when one party is known to control the majority of a network's hashrate.

I was referring to the DDOS attacks.

Oh, the nodes themselves aren't identified by the miner name, only the block. You can't tell the difference between the miner him/herself, or just a legitimate node relaying their block. DDoS traffic wouldn't be 'tainted' in any way that anyone could correlate with a miner identity.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I tried to install Pascal on a new computer and I just get alone in the world with no nodes for hours.  I never connect to the blockchain.  This has never happened to me before, what the hell is going on?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

someone trolling or is it really you @ocminer testing stuff out?

nope, not me, just someone trolling, i'm focused into other projects currently.
copper member
Activity: 970
Merit: 287
Per aspera ad astra
At this point I can't mine anymore because it says that my node is running but I'm not mining.
When I start the wallet I get 4-6 connections then they all disconnect until 1 remains and I can't mine.  Huh

LE: and after 4-5 minutes i am alone it the world...
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
It would be nice to have somewhere in the code where you could at least block based on names, block ocminer* and then they would have to change it, and then

Besides. We can be jealous, but not mad at whoever is dominating the hash rate. We're all in it to make $$. So unless some1 is a dirty communist, let others profit. Their investment is MUCH larger than most.

Yeah, this is the part that a lot of people don't realize. There surely are people who make fantastic profits in crypto, but they also take on significant risk, and devote significant time/talent. And in the end, large farms increase the hashrate, help the security of networks, and cause the token to become more scarce, making the token more valuable and validating the network's goals by putting time, effort, and capital behind investing in it.

At the same time, it's always unnerving when one party is known to control the majority of a network's hashrate.

I was referring to the DDOS attacks.
legendary

People who talk about ways to "block" (ha) certain individuals from participating are looking for short-term, hackish solutions. Playing whack-a-mole with actors on the network only adds centralization and forces those actors underground. If we had a way to reject blocks labeled by "ocminer*"... who makes that decision? How is that enforced? Is it a client update? That'll cause a hard-fork because it changes the consensus rules the network is enforcing (clients who don't update will accept ocminer* blocks, clients who update won't accept them, so the clients who accept the update will be on a different blockchain). If clients are already built to allow enforcement of these rules, then someone has to have the authority to "tell" the network to do this. Is it the developer, who sends a signed message to the network which says "block blocks from ocminer*"? Is it distributed voting (which would be near-useless if a party controls the majority of the network's consensus anyhow)?

And even assuming we could enforce a rule like this without issue, the individual or group making the ocminer* blocks would just switch to another name. Or more likely, they would switch to several, apparently-unconnected names to evade detection.

Here is a grossly-incomplete list of design considerations of a permissionless, decentralized, distributed, trustless blockchain:
1. There is no reliable way to determine whether an individual or party is or is not active on the network at any particular time (other individuals could be working on their behalf to perform a proof-of-liveliness, etc.)
2. There is no reliable way to determine whether multiple nodes are controlled by a single individual
3. There is no reliable way for the network to block IPs, geographical areas, OSes, etc.
4. There is no reliable way to limit an individual or party to only one node
5. There is no reliable way to limit an individual or party to only one network identity (like an address)
6. There is no reliable way to limit an individual or party to a certain hashrate
7. There is no reliable way to determine whether a particular network identity is owned by the same individual or party as another particular network identity

Note that all of the above are possible if you're willing to sacrifice decentralization, trustlessness, permissionless, etc.

Also, that doesn't mean that there aren't ways to encourage certain behavior, just no way to require/enforce it. In general, it's much easier to encourage a party *to* do something than to *not* do it.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Yeah there certainly aren't 300+ ocminers, unless he/she's using the same name on multiple rigs.

I'm seeing:
ocminer101
ocminer102
ocminer104
ocminer105

ocminer122

ocminer131
ocminer132
ocminer133

ocminer201
ocminer202
ocminer205

ocminer261
ocminer262

ocminer281
ocminer282
ocminer283
ocminer284

ocminer339

And some others, but notice the clustering? They probably have several rigs, and they just name each GPU in the rig sequentially (so ocminer281, 282, 283, and 284 are likely all cards on a 4-GPU box, etc). Obviously just speculation, and people are free to name their miners whatever they want so this isn't necessarily the case. But there's not 300+ ocminers, the names are quite spread-out in that range.

Jump to: