Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 4. (Read 990662 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hi,

I noticed that Bitcoin (according to coinmarketcap) exploded, but PASC is still stable.

Any updates for the HF?

I was wondering if there is a binary for Linux to install the latest (not from source code) just in case the compiler messes up.

Thanks,

Waiting for binary release of 5.5 Beta ?

~ Tom

I remember when PASC was 145k satoshi.  Now it's barely 500.

Does anyone have an explanation as to what happened?

From history.  PASC has been very low for 1 year.  I wonder if I should abandon it.

Question:  Is there any way to cash out my 50k PASC into real money?  (I'm broke ATM).

ViteX and Tokok support the PASC trading.
More discussion can be found in Discord

Thank you.  Those may come useful in the future.  I think I did try using ViteX, but it was a while ago.  Hard to understand.

I am back from poloniex times.  It was way more intuitive.

Thanks.
copper member
Activity: 22
Hi,

I noticed that Bitcoin (according to coinmarketcap) exploded, but PASC is still stable.

Any updates for the HF?

I was wondering if there is a binary for Linux to install the latest (not from source code) just in case the compiler messes up.

Thanks,

~ Tom

From history.  PASC has been very low for 1 year.  I wonder if I should abandon it.

Question:  Is there any way to cash out my 50k PASC into real money?  (I'm broke ATM).

ViteX and Tokok support the PASC trading.
More discussion can be found in Discord
Hi,

Any updates for the HF?

Thanks,

~ Tom

Hi,

Any updates for the HF?

Thanks,

~ Tom
Hi,

What is the current state of the HF regarding the account recovery?

Current price seems to hover around 5 cents for close to 7 months.  Odd.

Sorry, I had to register again as new user.

Lost access to my old account/email.  Fresh start.

old nick "tlaskows"

Thanks.

Only accounts without balance would be recovered by system, vote passed, wait for code upgrading.

Sorry, I wanted to be more specific.  I just wasn't thinking.  I have 4 or 5 private/public keys with all those accounts.  Does that count as non empty balances on the crypto keys?

Thhanks.
Hi,

old nick "tlaskows"

Thanks.

Only accounts without balance would be recovered by system, vote passed, wait for code upgrading.

Thank you.

I'm a Hodler.

33k or so PASC and 500+ PASA.  Mostly mined.

Does that mean all my PASAs have to have a minimum balance of let's say 1 PASC or so?

I have not done that yet.

Thanks.
Activity: 334
Merit: 263
Hi,

old nick "tlaskows"

Thanks.

Source code updated with this change.
(Note: Will only be active after a future hardfork to a new protocol version 6)
https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/commit/290ba9c288202250f891945f629a3d2aff907e08
copper member
Hi,

old nick "tlaskows"

Thanks.

Hi,

old nick "tlaskows"

Thanks.
copper member
Very underrated tech that needs marketing facelift I noticed the vote to remove the feature that recovers accounts older then 4 years.
This is great news for people who want to hold this currency long term with out worry.
Dev made such decision to recover accounts older than 4 yrs first???

When PascalCoin was created (see original WhitePaper available at Github source code) there was a "recover lost accounts" operation defined as a genuine and original feature.
If community decides that this feature is not useful or must be updated, then it can be updated or removed in a hardfork

Thanks for your clarification.
There is no any need to keep such a terrible feature,because you have to define what is lost account, any why it's 4 yr not 5,6... yr.And it will surely scare satoshi-style long holder.
So,please remove such conversia feature if possible IMO.

The vote was passed, and wait for upgrading.
U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
Very underrated tech that needs marketing facelift I noticed the vote to remove the feature that recovers accounts older then 4 years.
This is great news for people who want to hold this currency long term with out worry.

When PascalCoin was created (see original WhitePaper available at Github source code) there was a "recover lost accounts" operation defined as a genuine and original feature.
If community decides that this feature is not useful or must be updated, then it can be updated or removed in a hardfork

Thanks for your clarification.
There is no any need to keep such a terrible feature,because you have to define what is lost account, any why it's 4 yr not 5,6... yr.And it will surely scare satoshi-style long holder.
So,please remove such conversia feature if possible IMO.

U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

For testing only.  MEMlib seems to have issues.

I ran it for few days but it got stuck on a certain block number. 

From the log file:  "No valid safeboxes/blocks found from other peers"

I had to revert back to v5.3.  That one still works.

To summarise.  I had to wipe the DATA directory completely and let the wallet rebuild the blockchain.

Thanks for reporting.
Yes, current "alpha" version is not still stable. Working on a new "beta" version fixing some detected bugs.

Go go go!!!
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

For testing only.  MEMlib seems to have issues.

I ran it for few days but it got stuck on a certain block number. 

From the log file:  "No valid safeboxes/blocks found from other peers"

I had to revert back to v5.3.  That one still works.

To summarise.  I had to wipe the DATA directory completely and let the wallet rebuild the blockchain.

Activity: 145
Merit: 112
To the moon!
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
@polyminer1

Are there any plans for miner v4?

Current latest one is not economically friendly  in terms electricity  etc.

Running beta v3 that's the one posted here for a month or so.

After the fork. The reward is 12.5

Just asking. I had to turn the servers off.

Ryzen7x at 4 ghz steady water cooled.

256 kHz /s with one stick of old RAM.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: