Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 7. (Read 990662 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 102

(...) I think there is too much emphasis on centralized exchanges even though this is where the most controls are implemented. (...)

Decentralized exchange opportunities are very important. Atomic swap is a solution, but I hope we can find faster and more easy solutions so DEX-trading becomes more like trading on a centralized exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
I saw today that Polo will be de-listing Pascal on Oct 15. It is such a pity as Pascal had a fresh outlook on how coins work. Does the dev team have any plans to stay on Polo or to maintain liquidity post a de-listing?

We will not beg Polo. We will just use other exchanges.

BTW. We will soon release version 5 that includes Atomic Swap so users can exchange directly.

This would be great. I think there is too much emphasis on centralized exchanges even though this is where the most controls are implemented. True that the most volume in my view is on centralized exchanges. However mechanisms that can enable users to exchange coins and tokens in other ways is probably the methods that will survive in the long term. It is also true that if governments have to support crypto in some way, they will support centralized exchanges where controls can be implemented. So if coins and tokens want to obtain some kind of government approval, then they will have to be on centralized exchanges as well.
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
Income fell 2 times but network is still 11Mh/s...
The global Hash rate is down to 7.5 MH/s.

on mining pasc?

Probably yes because of the sharp fall in price on 9th October for PASC.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
for the records:
withdraw from poloniex worked well using only the PASA account number on the address and nothing at "payload"
thanks for the support and answers here.
Activity: 53
Merit: 6

on mining pasc?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi Zertor, yes I installed the latest version 4.1 and didn't have any previous version installed.
Just in case I uninstalled the wallet and deleted the folder in appdata/roaming, rebooted and reinstalled.
I added your 2 official nodes ; pascalcoin2.dynamic-dns.net resolve to 127.42.0.5:4004 which I already had, and the other one doesn't work.
Of course I accepted to add an entry in the windows 10 firewall, and checked that "pascalcoinwallet" was allowed.

I will wait a few hours again and report back.

I don't know much about Windows anymore, but to me it looks like you are running through a local proxy. IPs in the range 127.0.0.1 - 127.255.255.255 are reserved for private use, so it is not the real PascalCoin nodes. However, it might work through a proxy so perhaps you just have to wait a little else visit us at Discord and ask for help https://discordapp.com/invite/sJqcgtD
just run it and leave it running for a while,
it should auto discover more servers
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Hi Zertor, yes I installed the latest version 4.1 and didn't have any previous version installed.
Just in case I uninstalled the wallet and deleted the folder in appdata/roaming, rebooted and reinstalled.
I added your 2 official nodes ; pascalcoin2.dynamic-dns.net resolve to 127.42.0.5:4004 which I already had, and the other one doesn't work.
Of course I accepted to add an entry in the windows 10 firewall, and checked that "pascalcoinwallet" was allowed.

I will wait a few hours again and report back.
Hi there, long time PASC holder on Poloniex, I now have to retrieve my PASC in a local wallet. I installed it a few days ago but am getting the "Alone in the world" message since then.
Is there any way to add existing nodes ? I only have  127.42.0.3:4004 / 127.42.0.4:4004 / 127.42.0.5:4004 as default nodes.

did you installed the latest version 4.1?
did you removed any prevision versions before install the latest one?

try those add those official nodes:
pascalcoin2.dns2.us:4004
pascalcoin2.dynamic-dns.net:4004
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Hi there, long time PASC holder on Poloniex, I now have to retrieve my PASC in a local wallet. I installed it a few days ago but am getting the "Alone in the world" message since then.
Is there any way to add existing nodes ? I only have  127.42.0.3:4004 / 127.42.0.4:4004 / 127.42.0.5:4004 as default nodes.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
It's a temporary problem. As long as the community is still intact and the developing team is still coding, you shouldn't worry especially if the coin's use-case is quite compelling. Exchanges delist because of costs - no or low volume means they are hosting the trading pair for free. But when altcoins come back, the volume will return.
Hmm,bad news that poloniex delist pascal.

trading volume is really not good,average 0.1BTC/day.

no exchanges want to list with tiny volume and community support.

they also de-listed more coins like big and famous STEEM and some others.
don't know why they delisted pascal,
but its not because something is wrong with the coin for sure.

yes, I also hope for some reliable alternative to list the PASC soon
 (different than Chinese TOKOK, which appear to be trusted, but has high PASC withdraw fees,
and its not USA/Europe based one)

U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106

trading volume is really not good,average 0.1BTC/day.

legendary
will check the manual nightraven but we need some simple explanation for PASCAL noobs (like me!)who don't go into manuals (not like me.)

PascalCoin - A Comprehensive Guide for Noobs gives very simple explantions. It is only 21 pages and you don't need to read it all. Here is the link once more:

http://pascalcoin.frizen.eu/PascalCoin%20-%20A%20Comprehensive%20Guide%20for%20Noobs.pdf

yes, I saw the link and will definitely check it, but the point I'm bringing is that 21 page docs are not exactly user friendly and don't really incentivize adoption, specially for noobs.
remember that most of the people are too lazy to go into technical subjects.
will check the manual nightraven but we need some simple explanation for PASCAL noobs (like me!)who don't go into manuals (not like me.)

PascalCoin - A Comprehensive Guide for Noobs gives very simple explantions. It is only 21 pages and you don't need to read it all. Here is the link once more:

http://pascalcoin.frizen.eu/PascalCoin%20-%20A%20Comprehensive%20Guide%20for%20Noobs.pdf
legendary
ok, so finally My account number is my PASA number, right?
will test with a small amount

makes sense now.

Guys PascalCoin is a bit different from most coins. You public key is not an address. Your public key is used to verify your signature and sometimes to code the messages in the payload. PascalCoin is like a bank where coins are send from account to accounts. So the account number is a kind of an address.

I know most of os hate to read manuals but I will give you a link to one anyway PascalCoin - A Comprehensive Guide for Noobs:
now with the poloniex delist where do you plan to list PASCAL?
have you already tried listing at Bittrex?

EDIT:
how to withdraw from POLO to my own wallet if I already have my PASA account?
I put my pubkey on address and which information on Payload?

You just have to input your Account Number

so Address = my pubkey
and Payload = my PASA number

only that?

No

and Payload = my PASA number

if you sending to your local wallet,
no need to put anything on a Payload

so Address = my pubkey

No,
Address = "Account No"  
on your local wallet,