Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment - page 97. (Read 109500 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
No worries with regards to unpaid invoices. Everyone can always go to courts to assert their rights, especially in financial obligations.

Have you ever actually gone to court yourself?

I have not, but I heard from directors and business owners the process takes many months if not years.
And it costs them lawyer's fees far more than the amount owed to them.
The only thing they gained out of this is the satisfaction of suing the defendant into defeat, nothing else (not financial recovery).
What, you think this is an easy stuff?
If you have been doing business with Noke for years and Nike has always paid you,why wouldn't it pay to invoice buyer?If Nike default,it would also damage their image and position in finance market?
Also this anwer your qustion Further they mentioned that they will do KYC on all SMEs looking for liquidity. All this would be on top of the standard financial process that would be in place to prevent loan defaults or steps to take to aid debt recovery. In fact there are debt collection mechanisms that are well established in offline financial industry.

Why wouldn't Nike pay to invoice buyer?
Simple, you will stop calling Nike to pay up.
Nike will prolong the payment well beyond 120 days.
Indeed Nike default will damage their reputation, but this is what's always happening to at least 50% of all businesses out there, all the time.
Otherwise, such thing should have ceased to happen since hundreds of years ago, but not.

Like I said, doing KYC on the SME is not the point.
An SME that care more about its financial survival will care less about reputation.

Care to explain who will employ the debt collection mechanisms? You? PayPie?
You are forgetting the fact that changing the beneficiary name is part of the Smart Contract. If it’s a brand new customer, risk would be shown as high. Nick has mentioned that if it’s a repeat customer with long history and business has good financial health, it will improve the risk score. Further they mentioned that they will do KYC on all SMEs looking for liquidity. All this would be on top of the standard financial process that would be in place to prevent loan defaults or steps to take to aid debt recovery. In fact there are debt collection mechanisms that are well established in offline financial industry. You lend money only to businesses who have sound financial health and they just need it for short period to manage their cash flow. Other companies can't even check the double invoicing issue becuase invoice entry is manual so anyone can enter it.

The risk score shouldn't have anything to do with the SME selling the invoice since they are not the one to settle it, so doing KYC on the SME is useless too.
The right thing to do is to do risk score and KYC on the entity listed in the invoice, but this will introduce more complication into the business model.

If there is default, how exactly will PayPie recover it?
Will it be under PayPie's responsibility, or others?
If it is others, then the cost incurred in recovery will be borne by others, i.e. the token holders.
Of course there are debt collection mechanisms in offline industry, which is exactly why I said the recovery involves persistent threats; debt collecting agencies keep calling up the debtors with threats of legal actions. In fact if the debtors know their rights, they can refuse to pay altogether and if the debt collecting agency wants to pursue the matter legally, it would be costly to the agency.

How can you even be sure a business has sound financial health? Please refer to Enron.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I cant find Paypie when i search their telegram channel. Any one know why?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
Pre-Sale Individual Minimum 1 ETH

Thats mean, that minimum requiment for taking part in pre-sale only 1 ETH? I understand everything correctly?
Which bonuses will be on pre-sale?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
REMINDER:

  Pre-Sale Date & Details
TBA

  Pre-Sale Individual Minimum
1 ETH

  Pre-Sale Individual Cap
100 ETH

  Pre-Sale Will Be Announced
At least 3 days before pre-sale starts

  Regular Tokensale Runs
From Oct 15 till Nov 15, 2017

  Soft Cap
4,500,000 PPP

  Hard Cap
82,500,000 PPP

  Price per Token
1 PPP = 0.0011 ETH
1 ETH = 909 PPP

  Minimum to Invest During Regular Tokensale
1 ETH

  Maximum limit to invest during regular ICO
No individual cap

  Currency accepted
Ethereum (ETH)

  Whitelist
No

  KYC for ICO
No

  Tokens delivery
Within 14 business days after completion of ICO

  Wallet suggestion
MEW https://www.myetherwallet.com/

I figured that the maximum cap will be only $ 26.3 million. This pleased. Iso end in a few minutes.
Yeah ico ends as soon as it begins without whitelist and its not designed for smaller investors minimum buy is 1eth :/ still maybe this will shake off the flippers of icos,the less flippers the more successfull project will be in the long run Smiley
Activity: 1150
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
So many posts in here without any value. Would be happy if people would bring back some challenging and constructive discussions into this thread again.

There isn't much to say anymore, we're waiting for pre-sale announcement and 15th october for ICO start. If you want we can discuss on this maybe https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/14/credit-rating-remortgage-equifax-experian-callcredit .No more mistakes with PayPie Wink

Lets see when the pre sale will happen, I think about an investment here, but I am not sure..
Yeah, I know what you mean, I think I will do a bit more research first. They have a solid white paper though! This is more of a long term investment I believe.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So many posts in here without any value. Would be happy if people would bring back some challenging and constructive discussions into this thread again.

There isn't much to say anymore, we're waiting for pre-sale announcement and 15th october for ICO start. If you want we can discuss on this maybe https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/14/credit-rating-remortgage-equifax-experian-callcredit .No more mistakes with PayPie Wink

Lets see when the pre sale will happen, I think about an investment here, but I am not sure..
☆Gaget-Pack☆
Popolous still dont have ready platform as I know. They conducted fundraising in june.
And also, Popolous have a little different idea. Popolous is an invoice platform.
Populous has totally different idea and they still didn't achieve much. Paypie will have some kind of risk management system build in that will improve overal worth of this token

did you believe that paypie will reach at least 80% cap or more? this is great idea with risk score algo as main idea.
With big attacks, like what happened with Equifax, causing the consumer to distrust services like this, only gives Paypie the edge, because just about everything (besides the cryptography) is transparent, within the blockchain. The Equifax hack was devastating, people will demand clarity in the future, the blockchain puts this platform ahead of the curve.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Ok, So I raised some issues with this ICO on their telegram and before I could answer someone who asked me to elaborate then I got banned.

RED FLAG #1

I won't go in to the other red flags, this guy sums them up well enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPIj0YCZ7jA
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management

Guys, we'll officially inform you about all presale details in the next day or two. We want to have all the formalities set before we further discuss the details. We appreciate your patience, thanks for understading. Just one or two days more and we'll share it.

Yohan
Paypie Team
Activity: 420
REMINDER:

TBA

1 ETH

100 ETH

  Soft Cap
4,500,000 PPP

  Hard Cap
82,500,000 PPP

  Price per Token
1 PPP = 0.0011 ETH
1 ETH = 909 PPP

1 ETH

No individual cap

  Currency accepted
Ethereum (ETH)

  Whitelist
No

  KYC for ICO
No

  Tokens delivery

  Wallet suggestion

I figured that the maximum cap will be only $ 26.3 million. This pleased. Iso end in a few minutes.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 293
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Popolous still dont have ready platform as I know. They conducted fundraising in june.
And also, Popolous have a little different idea. Popolous is an invoice platform.
Populous has totally different idea and they still didn't achieve much. Paypie will have some kind of risk management system build in that will improve overal worth of this token

did you believe that paypie will reach at least 80% cap or more? this is great idea with risk score algo as main idea.
☆Gaget-Pack☆
What are the chances that a hack like Equifax won't happen in case of Paypie. It could not be easy like equifax but, I think no one is immune to it.
What are the measure Paypie is taking to avoid this kind of situation?
The chances of a hack happening are pretty slim, considering that the whole premise of the company is to change the outdated way in which small companies handle their accounting ecosphere.
In today accounting of small businesses, a latency issue with keeping ledgers up to date, remains problematic. Getting acurate financial data from these small companies is burdensome because the records are never synchronized to date, and are always behind.
  Paypie will put accounting to work on a transparent blockchain system, creating a new ecosystem for financial bookkeeping, solving the latency issue. Their software is so tride and true, that they have a 100% acurate risk assessment algorithm that is guaranteed to work in unison with the dynamic of Paypie management software. But yes, there will always be vulnerabilities within a system.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
REMINDER:

TBA

1 ETH

100 ETH

  Soft Cap
4,500,000 PPP

  Hard Cap
82,500,000 PPP

  Price per Token
1 PPP = 0.0011 ETH
1 ETH = 909 PPP

1 ETH

No individual cap

  Currency accepted
Ethereum (ETH)

  Whitelist
No

  KYC for ICO
No

  Tokens delivery

  Wallet suggestion

Activity: 420
Hi guys, a nice positive boost for the project. You were mentioned in Clif High's report, he was quite positive about the project. He is a very well respected cryto analyst.
Great news, I respect his opinion. Where can I find complete information?
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
There is actually a weak link in PayPie compare to Populous.

Populous has Poken for internal exchange, pegged to fiats; PayPie has Pie coin for the same purpose.

But there is one advantage Populous has that PayPie has not.

PayPie requires the SMEs to submit their financials to the blockchain in order to sell their invoices, but this is not the weakest link.
The weakest link is the company that owes the SME selling the invoice!
The SME has absolutely nothing to do with it if the company does not want to settle the invoice.
If I owe you money, and you issue an invoice for that, and you sell that invoice to Mr. Noob, and I choose not to pay you, you have no worries because you already got the money from selling the invoice.
It's the buyer (Mr. Noob) that will suffer if I don't pay.
The SME submitting its financials to the blockchain is completely irrelevant.
Putting a risk score on the SME that sells the invoice is also irrelevant.
Putting a risk score on the customer that owe the SME is also irrelevant, because ultimately the SME wants the business.
In a world of stiff competition, the SMEs have no luxury to cherry-pick which customer to sell to, regardless of their risk scores.
Many here claim to be accountants, but I am surprised why they can't see through this weak link.
This is a risk of default.
Populous already solved this from the very start.

Edit:
The factoring industry is lucrative, and that's because bulk of it is related to consumer debt (sold pennies on the dollar), not corporate debt.
And recovery is usually through persistent threats.
This won't work with corporate figures.

Lots of SMEs will love this because they can finally unload their junk invoices to gullible buyers willing to bid up the price for such junk.

Can you elaborate more? What did Populous do to solve right from the start this issue you just mentioned? And sorry I don't know much about Popolous

No worries with regards to unpaid invoices. Everyone can always go to courts to assert their rights, especially in financial obligations.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
If you have been doing business with Noke for years and Nike has always paid you,why wouldn't it pay to invoice buyer?If Nike default,it would also damage their image and position in finance market?
Also this anwer your qustion Further they mentioned that they will do KYC on all SMEs looking for liquidity. All this would be on top of the standard financial process that would be in place to prevent loan defaults or steps to take to aid debt recovery. In fact there are debt collection mechanisms that are well established in offline financial industry.

KYC and debt collection is nice in theory, but how is that going to work in practice when you are dealing with invoices from all over the world with lesser known SMEs and customers? Let's say instead of Nike USA, we are talking about some customer called Noke from Kazachstan. I guess it is then the responsibility of the buyer to avoid such invoices where the customers are foreign and debt collection is impractical.

It also does not answer my question how to build up a credit score as a startup or freelancer without repeat customers, let's say a plumber or tiler, having many one-off private individuals as customers. I suppose PayPie is not the most suitable platform for that kind of entrepreneurs.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276

Thanks for sharing this video!
That websites really seems to be runned by scammers, they probably get payed for there reviews.

Glad this video was made, so people know that the website is just spreading FUD.
These websites should be go offline! They are misleading some investors.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Paypie start to build a great reputation in crypto world. A lot of good people in crypto talk about paypie and the visibility of the project is huge. For me paypie is one of the most bankable project of this year, one with most possibility and potential. Disruptive technologie and huge team.
Pages:
Jump to: