Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets - page 13. (Read 40118 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 4255
November 02, 2015, 07:20:35 AM
perfect
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets
November 02, 2015, 06:49:41 AM
nice :-)

i want to add cloudflare+nastyhosts :-)

u have some style code or i can develop how i want?
Open a Pull Request and we will review it.

We are in the process of converting all the codebase to PSR-2 coding style. Please refer to it.
legendary
November 02, 2015, 06:33:22 AM
nice :-)

i want to add cloudflare+nastyhosts :-)

u have some style code or i can develop how i want?
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
November 02, 2015, 06:23:38 AM
Is it similar to faucetbox (or) any new features available which are missing with other faucet providers? thanks

Hello bittamak,

regarding FaucetBox and Paytoshi.

We are simply different solutions to the same problem: handle micropayments and faucets.

As we stated before, we value faucet owners as the driving force behind our micropayment system, so we are not charging faucet owner deposits.
We charge, instead, a small fee to faucet users, but we empower them with the choice to set their own payment threshold, so that they can lessen the impact of fees on their balance.

In addition, we have an opensource faucet script, where users can collaborate and propose edits.

That's our philosophy, others have different approaches.

Wink

Nice...Have plans to build faucet and will certainly look at your solution...Smiley
November 02, 2015, 06:09:44 AM
Is it similar to faucetbox (or) any new features available which are missing with other faucet providers? thanks

Hello bittamak,

regarding FaucetBox and Paytoshi.

We are simply different solutions to the same problem: handle micropayments and faucets.

As we stated before, we value faucet owners as the driving force behind our micropayment system, so we are not charging faucet owner deposits.
We charge, instead, a small fee to faucet users, but we empower them with the choice to set their own payment threshold, so that they can lessen the impact of fees on their balance.

In addition, we have an opensource faucet script, where users can collaborate and propose edits.

That's our philosophy, others have different approaches.

Wink
November 02, 2015, 05:59:02 AM
How do you withdraw? I collected a balance of over 10000 using bitcoin faucets, but there's no withdrawal button anywhere!  Huh
Withdrawals happen automatically every few days. Be patient and you will get your coins.

Okay, I'll wait a week and see what happens.

The withdrawal has happened. You should make it clearer that it happens automatically.

Hello ahosein,

you are right, we are working to improve on the overall user experience.

Anyway as we said before, you are eligible for payment once the balance due to your BTC address is above your withdrawal threshold and there are enough microtransactions ready to create a Bitcoin transaction.
We do not have a fixed payment schedule, however, we strive to pay every 24/48h.

Thanks for your patience!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 01, 2015, 03:25:32 PM
How do you withdraw? I collected a balance of over 10000 using bitcoin faucets, but there's no withdrawal button anywhere!  Huh
Withdrawals happen automatically every few days. Be patient and you will get your coins.

The withdrawal has happened. You should make it clearer that it happens automatically.
November 01, 2015, 01:43:08 PM
How do you withdraw? I collected a balance of over 10000 using bitcoin faucets, but there's no withdrawal button anywhere!  Huh

November 01, 2015, 11:29:56 AM

it's similar, but paytoshi script is opensource - you can "edit" it

ex. i've updated admin layout -> i do pull request in github :-) and it's approved

now all have "tabbed" admin panel

Good to know that code is an opensource...community can participate in developing further like the one you have contributed already Smiley
legendary
November 01, 2015, 09:42:36 AM

it's similar, but paytoshi script is opensource - you can "edit" it

ex. i've updated admin layout -> i do pull request in github :-) and it's approved

now all have "tabbed" admin panel
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
November 01, 2015, 08:34:06 AM
November 01, 2015, 06:54:19 AM
November 01, 2015, 06:41:30 AM
legendary
October 30, 2015, 09:34:17 AM
We need a daily stats (payout) is important..
October 29, 2015, 12:51:07 PM
:-)

https://github.com/looptribe/paytoshi-faucet
LICENCE? Is GPL? i can modify this script? (or improve)
Whooops! We didn't specify any. Of course you can modify: improvements are welcome.

i've opened a pull request

tabs for admin panel (and not in one long page)

^_^
We'll review the PR tomorrow.

Thanks in the meantime  Wink
Cheers
legendary
October 29, 2015, 11:54:17 AM
i've opened a pull request

tabs for admin panel (and not in one long page)

^_^
legendary
October 28, 2015, 10:04:15 AM
:-)

https://github.com/looptribe/paytoshi-faucet
LICENCE? Is GPL? i can modify this script? (or improve)
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
October 22, 2015, 12:07:54 PM
At this moment ReCaptcha is the state of the art in terms of preventing automated access (bot). Blocking IPs, on the contrary is a very poor and circumventable solution for this kind of problem.
ReCaptcha is very good at stopping bots, yes, though it is very easy for a human to complete. Therefore, botters can just send the captcha to a solving service powered by humans to get the job done. So far, FunCaptcha and AreYouAHuman has proven to be some of the best for stopping this technique due to how the captcha works. Perhaps those would be worth it to implement for anti-bot measures.

Also, you're right, blocking IPs is a fairly poor way of stopping bots and abusers from going to your faucet. What has been found is blocking hostnames works significantly better (As there has been a trend of botters using VPSs such as AWS and such). Blocking these and services such as TOR would definitely be good to implement in the next build, if possible.
October 22, 2015, 09:24:15 AM
What about bots attacks?

Do you have any anti-bot feature in your script?

Hello kotwica666,

our script support 2 captcha providers. The default one is ReCaptcha v2.

Thank you,
Cheers

Sorry, but ReCaptcha v2 is easy to pass by bots.. New FunCaptcha they already pass too.. It will be nice if you will think about some different feature - something like blocking IPs for example..
At this moment ReCaptcha is the state of the art in terms of preventing automated access (bot). Blocking IPs, on the contrary is a very poor and circumventable solution for this kind of problem.

How to handle bot attacks in a new/better ways is an ongoing academic effort, surely it is outside the scope of this project.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
October 22, 2015, 09:14:53 AM
What about bots attacks?

Do you have any anti-bot feature in your script?

Hello kotwica666,

our script support 2 captcha providers. The default one is ReCaptcha v2.

Thank you,
Cheers

Sorry, but ReCaptcha v2 is easy to pass by bots.. New FunCaptcha they already pass too.. It will be nice if you will think about some different feature - something like blocking IPs for example..
Pages:
Jump to: