Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets - page 8. (Read 40118 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets
December 12, 2015, 05:31:01 AM
Just released a quick fix of our faucet script aiming at compatibility with PHP 5.3.

If you experience this kind of error
Argument 4 passed to Looptribe\Paytoshi\Service\Ip\IpService::__construct() must be an array, null given, called in PATH_TO/src/Looptribe/Paytoshi/App.php on line 180 and defined

please update to the latest version (v12).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Cheers
December 11, 2015, 06:20:49 AM
Morning news: just updated our frontend and core backend.

The main addition are the API error codes, as requested by toecutter.
We improved the API docs and published the entire error code table.
Developers interested in using our API are advised to use the provided error code to build (and possibly translate) their own error messages.  Wink

Updates to the error list will be notified on that page and on this forum thread.

Thank you once again for the great feedback,
Cheers
December 10, 2015, 01:57:31 PM
We just released a version 11 of our faucet script.

This release adds:
  • Cloudflare support out of the box
  • Fix for connection-starving or non closing properly (due to a Buzz issue)
  • Better ip checking for user hiding behind proxies
  • Support for future API error codes
  • First script tests and code coverage (dev only)

We want to thank our customers for the significant feedback we are receiving.

About the error codes update, expect news by the end of the week. Wink

Cheers
December 09, 2015, 11:58:22 AM
It is impossible to keep faucet because this happens every time you fill your balance...

Hello Holdaaja,

actually these are web requests and we can imagine that your faucet (as every faucet) is swamped with them due to bots trying to get rewards.
However, there's no guarantee that these requests generate real micropayments (ip check, captcha, time limit, ....).

Can you please tell us if you are behind a proxy?

Thank you,
Cheers

They sure did generate real micropayments, they emptied my faucet balance completely.
I am not using proxy.

Here you can see the claims are successful (time is same, just different timezone):

Hello Holdaaja,

this is rather strange, we have no other report of this kind of activity. We will investigate your issue.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078
December 09, 2015, 11:32:39 AM

@Holdaaja, 10 claims were made with the same IP within 10 minutes...Paytoshi does have a weak anti-bot system...hope the admin will add some new features Smiley

Way more than 10, just couldn't fit them all in one screenshot.

Bots are damn irritating...taking all the satoshis from the users who deserve it...the advantage of paytoshi is no fee for admin, but if you have a paytoshi faucet with high rewards then be prepared to get raped from bots..recaptcha and solvemedia are cakewalk for bots...I have nil knowledge about PHP, twig, and coding...I am sure if admin and  members like minfrij could put some effort into anti-bot system for paytoshi then it would be one of the best micropayment systems.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 09, 2015, 11:24:05 AM

@Holdaaja, 10 claims were made with the same IP within 10 minutes...Paytoshi does have a weak anti-bot system...hope the admin will add some new features Smiley

Way more than 10, just couldn't fit them all in one screenshot.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078
December 09, 2015, 11:13:57 AM
Parish...new term for me...will add in my vocabulary...every micropayment system has a window period of 48 hours...minimum threshold reached = payment withing 48 hours...automatically taken?

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 09, 2015, 07:47:14 AM
Why not reach paid? You specify tranzactii - but the money did not reach main wallet(((

Do you see this text? If yes just wait 48 hours.
"You are eligible for payment: your balance is above the withdraw threshold.
In 24/48 hours your satoshis will be transferred automatically to your address."

That is, if they are already automatically taken - still have to wait 48 hours? after all, the conclusion was but there was no parish
legendary
December 09, 2015, 07:18:04 AM
It is impossible to keep faucet because this happens every time you fill your balance...

Hello Holdaaja,

actually these are web requests and we can imagine that your faucet (as every faucet) is swamped with them due to bots trying to get rewards.
However, there's no guarantee that these requests generate real micropayments (ip check, captcha, time limit, ....).

Thank you,
Cheers

They sure did generate real micropayments, they emptied my faucet balance completely.
I am not using proxy.

Here you can see the claims are successful (time is same, just different timezone):
December 09, 2015, 06:15:55 AM

Hello Holdaaja,

Thank you,
Cheers
legendary
December 09, 2015, 05:14:23 AM

legendary
December 09, 2015, 03:37:14 AM
Why not reach paid? You specify tranzactii - but the money did not reach main wallet(((

Do you see this text? If yes just wait 48 hours.
"You are eligible for payment: your balance is above the withdraw threshold.
In 24/48 hours your satoshis will be transferred automatically to your address."
Activity: 11
December 09, 2015, 03:03:46 AM
legendary
December 08, 2015, 03:50:41 PM
Anyone else think this is bit suspicious?

Activity: 628
Merit: 251
December 05, 2015, 05:55:43 AM
I can get my satoshis from paytoshi very fast. I hope there will more paytoshi faucet in the future.
December 05, 2015, 04:13:15 AM
Right, I didnt know that before. So when I check my two balances, my BlcokChain address balance only has a tiny amount, while the other account that Paytoshi assigned me has the major balance. I havent done a payout yet, and I am wanting to move the amount in the major address to the BlockChain address. Can I do that? I dont even know how to access the actual wallet for the Paytoshi address.

Hello dogmatic,

if you have, by chance, any balance credited to your Paytoshi account, you can trasfer to another address (e.g. your Blockchain one) from this page.

Thank you,
Cheers
December 05, 2015, 04:12:00 AM
Sorry in advance if that sounds pedantic, it's just I'm really uncomfortable implementing undocumented APIs.

We totally understand your concerns. We'll discuss it internally and find a solution.

Thanks for your feedback  Wink
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
December 04, 2015, 05:38:49 PM
As we were already at it, you should find online the fix for API error codes (as reported by toecutter).

Thank you, very glad to hear that!

I'm in the middle of implementing it right now, but I have some follow-up concerns.

In the API docs, it says the error response looks like this:
Code:
{
    "error": true,
    "code": "INVALID_ADDRESS",
    "message": "Invalid Bitcoind address"
}

However, in reality, it looks like this:
Code:
{
    "error": true,
    "code": "INVALID_ADDRESS",
    "message": "Api response not successful (400): Invalid Bitcoind address"
}

(So docs don't follow the code, or vice versa, which is already troublesome)

Now suppose I don't want to show the "Api response not successful (400): " part to the user. Should I now use regexps to cut it out? :( I guess I could just have my own map:
Code:
{
    "INVALID_ADDRESS": "Invalid Bitcoind address",
    "INSUFFICIENT_FUNDS": "Insufficient funds",
    etc....
}
but that is sub-optimal, because what if Paytoshi adds new error codes in the future?

Secondly, suppose I still want to provide my own error messages (for example, for localization purposes), based on the "code" value. I can't, because the docs do not have the complete list. So I'm left poking it in the dark.

Here are my suggestions (feel free to recommend another course of action):
1. Update the docs!
2. Remove the "Api response not successful (%d): " part from the "message"
3. Alternatively, leave the "Api response not successful (%d): " part, but then "guarantee" (by explicitly stating that in docs) that this message format will not change in the future (so if we go the regexp route, it won't break under us).

Sorry in advance if that sounds pedantic, it's just I'm really uncomfortable implementing undocumented APIs.
Activity: 2
December 04, 2015, 05:20:45 PM
Hi... I was a bit confused when I set up my Paytoshi account to start receiving microtransactions. The first was set up with a Paytoshi Wallet address that I was assigned and the second was with a BlockChain address. All of my microtransactions have been going into the Paytoshi wallet address. How do I transfer those transactions into my BlockChain address?

If I cannot do that, then once I make a payout to the Paytoshi wallet, how do I access it?

Thanks for all of your help! Smiley

Faucets users don't need to register accounts.
You just use your blockchain wallet address to claim faucets and then you chekc your balance at https://paytoshi.org/balance

Right, I didnt know that before. So when I check my two balances, my BlcokChain address balance only has a tiny amount, while the other account that Paytoshi assigned me has the major balance. I havent done a payout yet, and I am wanting to move the amount in the major address to the BlockChain address. Can I do that? I dont even know how to access the actual wallet for the Paytoshi address.
legendary
December 04, 2015, 04:56:03 PM
Hi... I was a bit confused when I set up my Paytoshi account to start receiving microtransactions. The first was set up with a Paytoshi Wallet address that I was assigned and the second was with a BlockChain address. All of my microtransactions have been going into the Paytoshi wallet address. How do I transfer those transactions into my BlockChain address?

If I cannot do that, then once I make a payout to the Paytoshi wallet, how do I access it?

Thanks for all of your help! Smiley

Faucets users don't need to register accounts.
You just use your blockchain wallet address to claim faucets and then you chekc your balance at https://paytoshi.org/balance
Pages:
Jump to: