Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PHC] Profit Hunters Coin | Scrypt | PoW/PoS/Masternodes | DBR 3.0 | FW | - page 9. (Read 29941 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Activity: 126
Searching the internet for money...
I can help with Russian translation. Let me know if you need it please.

Yes, please!

Bounty paid to ddrago - Thanks!
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
I can help with Russian translation. Let me know if you need it please.
What is something, not to come off rude, i was hoping to acquire enough for a masternode in a reasonable time and the rig i have is x4 1080ti x1 1060 and x1 1070

Take a look -> http://coin.profithuntersclub.com/1-mh-mining.png

Not to come off rude, but you're competing with 600 GH at peak times on the network.
If you can mine & stake early and during optimal times you actually still have a decent shot at getting close to a masternode in earnings over a long-period of time.
Activity: 34
Merit: 4
i am wondering if my 1080Ti rig should be used to mine this, i read about the asic mining and wanted to verify if GPU is pretty much useless with this coin at this point

I was using 1 MH to mine on a pool a bit during the last few days, you will still earn something.

A brief explanation of the Dynamic Block Reward formula:

If you would like to start mining with the least amount of power as possible for the most profit: you can join a pool when the network difficulty is high and the net-hashrate is low, this will cause the block reward to increase in value!

If you decide to start mining with a lot of hash-power during a time of low difficulty:
the block reward will decrease in value making it very difficult to earn a profit for your extreme efforts. Not to mention by doing so, you drive the difficulty up significantly, and if that triggers a pool's auto-coin switching script to move onto another alt-coin, then your mining efforts in terms of increased revenue will actually go to the workers who remain on the network consistently.

What is something, not to come off rude, i was hoping to acquire enough for a masternode in a reasonable time and the rig i have is x4 1080ti x1 1060 and x1 1070
i am wondering if my 1080Ti rig should be used to mine this, i read about the asic mining and wanted to verify if GPU is pretty much useless with this coin at this point

I was using 1 MH to mine on a pool a bit during the last few days, you will still earn something.

A brief explanation of the Dynamic Block Reward formula:

If you would like to start mining with the least amount of power as possible for the most profit: you can join a pool when the network difficulty is high and the net-hashrate is low, this will cause the block reward to increase in value!

If you decide to start mining with a lot of hash-power during a time of low difficulty:
the block reward will decrease in value making it very difficult to earn a profit for your extreme efforts. Not to mention by doing so, you drive the difficulty up significantly, and if that triggers a pool's auto-coin switching script to move onto another alt-coin, then your mining efforts in terms of increased revenue will actually go to the workers who remain on the network consistently.
Activity: 34
Merit: 4
Does 1000% APR for PoS means that the MN rewards will always be adjusted to be approximately 1000%ROI up to block 50k?

Or am I off here?

Yes that's correct for staking/masternode payments depending on the coin-age too.
Funny enough, there are two versions of the blockchain. One at 21348 and one at 21385 at the time of this post.

Bitcoin core 8 has some issues with wallets struggling with orphan blocks, hopefully not too many peers are stalled. The correct block is 21395.
Bitcoin core 10 handles this with UpdateTip and soon PHC will be implemented.

Stalled wallets might need to reset their datadir (remove blk0001.dat, database, txtleveldb) and resync.

Why is PHC getting mined with such excessive hashrates? You earn more by mining efficiently...

"Why is PHC getting mined with such excessive hashrates? You earn more by mining efficiently..."
Can you explain this please? The description in the ANN is hard to understand.

"Why is PHC getting mined with such excessive hashrates? You earn more by mining efficiently..."
What is an excessive hashrate? What is the ideal hashrate for this chain?

Bumping this. Dev - can you answer and shed more light on how this works? Thanks.

Here's more information about the Bitcoin Firewall - https://github.com/BiznatchEnterprises/bitcoinfirewall

I hope to provide more documentation in the future on the inner workings, but I don't have much spare time at the moment.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Funny enough, there are two versions of the blockchain. One at 21348 and one at 21385 at the time of this post.

Bitcoin core 8 has some issues with wallets struggling with orphan blocks, hopefully not too many peers are stalled. The correct block is 21395.
Bitcoin core 10 handles this with UpdateTip and soon PHC will be implemented.

Stalled wallets might need to reset their datadir (remove blk0001.dat, database, txtleveldb) and resync.

Why is PHC getting mined with such excessive hashrates? You earn more by mining efficiently...

Can you explain this please? The description in the ANN is hard to understand.

What is an excessive hashrate? What is the ideal hashrate for this chain?

Bumping this. Dev - can you answer and shed more light on how this works? Thanks.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Does 1000% APR for PoS means that the MN rewards will always be adjusted to be approximately 1000%ROI up to block 50k?

Or am I off here?
hashpool.eu blockchain stuck at block 23946

Updated wallet and redownloaded chain, i hope latest fixes will help for daemon stability

http://hashpool.eu is back on track

Yes, I will try to make a patch fix for the current version but from what I can tell Core 10 will be a very important upgrade.
Activity: 445
Merit: 250

Updated wallet and redownloaded chain, i hope latest fixes will help for daemon stability

http://hashpool.eu is back on track
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Activity: 136
Merit: 100

"A spike in hashpower will get your pool banned by other nodes on the network"

How sensitive is this? If someone with, say, 10Gh decided they wanted to mine PHC and joined the pool, are you saying that, just the act of joining the pool will bring down the pool?

Yes, large miners can bring down the pool if the hash-rate of the network is distributed evenly among all peers.

It has been set to be not too sensitive and can be adjusted. Peer block heights are also evaluated with an adjustable tolerance. For the past 24 hours, 1 seed node did not ban users but disconnected them (for testing purposes)

For example:

If the network hash-rate is 100 GH and you join the pool with 10 GH and start generating blocks at 10% what the rest of the network is mining then you're within the "safe" limits. But if you join a pool with 100 GH or more, you will most likely cause that pool or if you're solo-mining (your wallet) to be banned for 24 hours. 50 GH would be getting close to "un-safe" limits if 100 GH of the network was being mined by several peers/pools and not just 1.

That's a heavy price to pay if you're an innocent actor on the pool. You pay severely for someone else's action who probably has no idea that that will happen if they point their farm at a pool to mine PHC.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 252
there is a wallet for windows dev, give me a link  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: