Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 40. (Read 99194 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Come trade at the only Photon exchange, https://www.Atomic-Trade.com?refid=DYRTRAVH. Trade with USD also, as this is a legit licenced business.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
i really like mining blake algo. Ive mined Blakecoin and will mine everything that comes in this algo. It is way easier on the equipment.  much lower temps, lower fan speeds, less electricity, easy to tune.  Everything just seems to run really smooth on the mining side and on transaction side. I recommend it to anyone
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
If you are confused by how ports work just leave the
port=x
line out of your conf file

As far as the KGW , You will never see me use it for anything in the near future or probably ever.

This coin retargets every 20 blocks & is having no problems.

Photon is immune to any multipool approach at the moment since the algorithm used for Photon (same as Blake Coin) is not scrypt 1024 or sha 256 d

I suggest you read the papers in the main ANN to learn the advantages the Blake 256 algorithm has over others.

Also multipools themself are another topic you should research.

The most profitable coin can change real fast when based on a thin order book.

You might do better picking 6 coins you like and mine them when difficulty and price is low (least profitable)
then hold them and dump the coins when they make it back on top or the price goes up.

The logo on the post above yours looks quite beautiful.

Hey developer, I'm somewhat new to this, is the p2port the port= in the .conf file or something else?

Also, any plans to introduce KGW to avoid multipool abuse? Multipool is killing all the altcoins that didnt implement KGW...
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
The logo on the post above yours looks quite beautiful.

Hey developer, I'm somewhat new to this, is the p2port the port= in the .conf file or something else?

Also, any plans to introduce KGW to avoid multipool abuse? Multipool is killing all the altcoins that didnt implement KGW...
legendary
***************IMPORTANT UPDATE TO Photon************£

Please upgrase your wallet http://www.mediafire.com/download/z1ymv2a3bvuuyc8/Photon_win_qt_march_1_2014.7z

The 1st post on the board is updated.

So is the source on github.

I uploaded a windows qt to github also.

Checkpoints were added in this release.

The p2p port was changed.

When updating I suggest you DO NOT delete your peers.dat file

If you do it may take a little longer to get connected.

The photon network is currently running on the old and new p2p port.

In a couple days I will disconect the primary support for the old port.

This will give everyone a chance to change over.

Development of other things is in progress for Photon.

As updates are available they will be posted.

Thanks again to all who are mining and supporting Photon.

I am considering changing the logo of the coin.

Looking for something that can capture a classic physics look & still be cool.

If I change it will need a public domain image.

So far Photon has been running smooth and many new people are jumping on.

The Blake 256 algorithm has many advantages.

Activity: 210
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Activity: 231
cool idea and really ugly logo Smiley
Activity: 350
for those who want to see photoncoin topic in cryptocointalk
Activity: 54
Hi!

It's really hard to manage account on http://photon1.blakecoin.com/. That e-mail token system is not reaaly working for me. Tried it with some browsers.
legendary
Please /

Dont mine this coin or be involved if you don't like the name, the logo , or anything else.

There are HUNDREDS of coins for you to mine or you can just launch your own coin with your own name and logo.

Note to serious players.... logo may change in the future

I am not someone who changes things just because a few remarks are made.

I do consider feedback from certain people I respect however.

Always open to suggestions and alternatives.

If I was not this coin would not exist.

really ugly logo Wink
legendary
The project is just getting started.

Not about to die although I know many others are watching closely how it develops.

Some people have failed to realize this forum is no longer the center of the coin universe.

All official support is at cryptocoin talk and I am the developer

Out of courtesy to those who still see value here I will check in from time to time and make sure key updates are posted.

Too much un moderated spam and hostility have driven many people out of these forums.

Activity: 350
ahh ... guys, who is the photon dev?
cinnamon_carter or photon_coin ?
without active dev and community this coin will die, you all know this, right?
where are youuuuuuuuu?
Activity: 231
Activity: 266
Activity: 22
needs a new name as there was a Photoncoin earlier this year which flopped.

Brand association 101 - never be associated with the loser!

Bluedragon, hows the merged miner coming along??
Why? I think Photon is a cool name.
Activity: 308
This coin is kinda cool, but needs to be renamed if it's going to go anywhere.
legendary
Using a single 7970 2.7 ghs i hit 2 blocks today.
Solo mining has always been more fun to me.

Here are my settings for a 7970

cgminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8984 -u username -p password --blake256 --shaders 2048 --gpuengine 1175 --gpumemclock 700 --thread-concurrency 22392 -w 264 -s 1 -E 1 -I 15

if your system can handle it push the clock speed faster than 1175

it seems to provide no performance boost with intensity at 15

these are not going to work on a 7950 but hopefully give you some reference material.

Is there any sense for solo mining with one 7950? How many hours it should take to find block?

legendary
I have a few things to say here:

First of all the hash power of the pool can only be used to mine Blake Coin or Photon since right now they are the only two coins that exist using this algorithm. Why would BlueDragon747 steal the hash power ?
There are several pools operating that mine Blake Coin now. Whoever believes that is crazy.
He was nice enough to invest time, money , ect in making a pool for Photon.

I think it a common practice with sha 256d alt coin pools to redirect hash power.

I've observed pools with massive hash rates churning away while the coin they think they are mining starts to drop quickly in network hash and difficulty retargets easier and easier in minutes which you can observe if solo mining.

Photon was launched to allow cooperation between developers and miners for the good of all.

Merged mining (mining multiple coins of the same algorithm at once) is a very smart way to approach the future.

I am busy today working on some things but when I have time I may look into who was responsible for the attack on the pool. If I find out who was responsible I may make the information available in public.

I know how to attack a lot of things but I am not a crazy woman and I have never nor would I ever do anything illegal.  Just as a side note I also know a lot about coins, blockchains and things that can cause a healthy coin to act up and die. If I were to find out that an attack on the Photon pool was done by someone who runs a coin I may start mining your coin and submit blocks to your blockchain. Keep that in mind.

There was a Photon giveaway (now closed) which I sponsered in the official support forum for Photon which will pay out shortly.

I guess this project must have ruffled a few feathers among some of the peculators of the coin world.

Failures don't usually get attacked , they just fail.

Don't forget / This was and is an honest and fair project.

There was no hidden pre mine and the moment it went live wallets and everything else necessary was available for everybody to mine.

Compare that to some other coins launched in the past and recently and you will notice a few differences.

Thanks for clarifying the situation BlueDragon, is the pool still being DDoS'ed? It's running a bit slow but its been online non-stop since early today apparently, thank you for your work.
Pages:
Jump to: