Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support - page 3. (Read 11553 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I am about to start coding the "Select your miner software / algorithm" but first i wanted to ask:

What will you prefer:

1) Having one copy of miner soft (cgminer/sgminer/cgminer_keccak) in a separate path each with a separate config file, and choose which one to use from phpminer. This means adding one set of options to phpminer config file per algo/soft.

2) Make it so you setup the command to run each algorithm so you set the soft and algo yourself for each like:
"/path/to/scrypt_cgminer/cgminer -a scrypt"
"/path/to/sha_cgminer/cgminer -a sha256d"
"/path/to/cgminer_keccak/cgminer -a keccak"

3) any other better way

Ok, I think we need to work together with this feature, because today and i think i will need tomorrow too, I will change that phpminer only needs to connect to the rpc client and the rpc client will do all the api commands. With this change, i will enhance the code for the rpc client to a class structure, to have a better overview against the current one.

Since you need to call the rpc client to kill/restart miner to ensure new algo is used you should wait this evening, i will push the new class structure (without the additinal api commands if I am not fast enough). So you will have the correct rpc structure to work with.

I think the config should be that each miner has it's own sub folder, but only the miner itself, not the algo too. Then you have to configurate within the rpc client config file the available miners and what algo's they can handle.
An rpc command should return the possible miners + their algo's.
Currently within phpminer you have a tabbed view of all rig's to configurate cgminer, there an inner tabbed view should be created with all available miners.
Then there are 2 possibilities.

First one is, if a different algo does not require a new option or can not have an option which is available on a different algo, then the cgminer config is finished here. The normal config options should directly appear.

Second one is, when the options can differ from algo to algo, then there should be another inner tab view with one tab which is called "global" and then as many algo's available a seperate tab.
The global one is the base, the algo tab will override the global option.

On save I would think within the rpc client config file, you have to provide, as it is now, the path to miner config file.
The option for config file it self (cgminer_config_path) can be removed, instead rpc client will create for each algo a seperate config file within this directoy. For example "config_scrypt.conf", "config_sha.conf" and so on.

What you think?
Hope my english is not too bad Smiley

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I am about to start coding the "Select your miner software / algorithm" but first i wanted to ask:

What will you prefer:

1) Having one copy of miner soft (cgminer/sgminer/cgminer_keccak) in a separate path each with a separate config file, and choose which one to use from phpminer. This means adding one set of options to phpminer config file per algo/soft.

2) Make it so you setup the command to run each algorithm so you set the soft and algo yourself for each like:
"/path/to/scrypt_cgminer/cgminer -a scrypt"
"/path/to/sha_cgminer/cgminer -a sha256d"
"/path/to/cgminer_keccak/cgminer -a keccak"

3) any other better way
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Great!

i'm on vertcoin now. when you added support for it, I will enable donations  Grin
well, mobile support would be a nice gimmick. But i guess you are right, i works well on most phones allready.

Multiple algo's would be nice. Now if i'm mining vertcoin, I can't use phpminer, and I miss it already Tongue

another thing: When the rigs hard freezes, I do not get a notification.
Is it possible to add a option to receive a notification when phpminer can not reach the rig at all?

Think i will add 2 options "PHPMiner can't connect to Rig cgminer" and "PHPMiner can't connet to RPC-Client". Comes in next version maybe next weekend Smiley
well, mobile support would be a nice gimmick. But i guess you are right, i works well on most phones allready.

Multiple algo's would be nice. Now if i'm mining vertcoin, I can't use phpminer, and I miss it already Tongue

another thing: When the rigs hard freezes, I do not get a notification.
Is it possible to add a option to receive a notification when phpminer can not reach the rig at all?
Nice features! Very nice to have support for sgminer now.
Mobile support would be awesome to. Changing pools from a mobile page would be a big plus.

Would it also be possible to support cgminer-keccak / cgminer-vert-scrypt
Maybe in such a way it will switch to the other cgminer when a checkbox is checked / algorithm is chosen in pool management.

I've send you 10k doge donation to support your great work.

Thanks, there is an idea for switching algo's but this is really hard work. So i have to think about it. Mobile page is not planned, you can just open your browser within the smartphone and do the stuffs there, but a mobile solution would really explode the time Smiley
Nice features! Very nice to have support for sgminer now.
Mobile support would be awesome to. Changing pools from a mobile page would be a big plus.

Would it also be possible to support cgminer-keccak / cgminer-vert-scrypt
Maybe in such a way it will switch to the other cgminer when a checkbox is checked / algorithm is chosen in pool management.

I've send you 10k doge donation to support your great work.
New version available: 1.2.0

Changes:
  - Add reset stats global and rig based
  - Add paging support when having many rig's
  - Add rig based pools (each rig have their own username, which is better for VARDIFF)
  - Fix Pool group collapse
  - Add support for SGMiner >= 4.1.0
  - Enhance RPC-Client install script
  - Add Cronjob to make sure RPC-Client is running
  - Fix notification url post thx @ sheinsha
  - Add sort mode settings
  - Add push.co notification for IOS thx @ sheinsha
  - Fix BAMT/SMOS compatibilty thx @ sheinsha
  - Add possiblity to add offline pools

After updates always update the phpminer rpcclient and restart the service.

People who just update and use Linux. Please install the cronjob for rpc client:

Linux

Please add a file named phpminer_rpcclient to /etc/cron.d/ with the following contents:

# /etc/cron.d/phpminer_rpcclient: crontab fragment for phpminer_rpcclient
#  This will run the cronjob script for phpminer to send notifications and other periodic tasks.
* * * * * root sh {/path/to/phpminer_rpcclient}/rpcclient_cron.sh
Please replace:

{/path/to/phpminer_rpcclient} with the path to your phpminer rpcclient directory.

Windows

For now this check script only exist for linux, if any one want to provide a script for Windows, let me know.
Activity: 70
SGMINER support is coming. He's busy on updating the awesome phpminer program.

So, please stay tuned..and try to donate some coins to him. Smiley

Activity: 350
What about that SGMINER - did anyoune tried to make workaround so it's API is supported?
I now have everything working with some help of a friend.
Why not share the fixes? (they might be quick and dirty, but hey, they work!)

phpminer_rpcclient not starting

add line to phpminer_rpcclient to remove phpminer_rpcclient.pid

add

Code:
        rm /tmp/phpminer_rpcclient.pid   

above the line

Code:
        screen -d -m -S phpminer_rpcclient su $USER -c "php -f $PROGRAM"

I couldn't add middlecoin pools, gave me the error 'difficulty'.
This might be the way to surpass the check of the pool is online to, so you can add offline pools.

edit:

Code:
/var/www/phpminer/controllers/pools.php

comment out the following:

Code:
/* 
if ($result !== true) {
            AjaxModul::return_code(AjaxModul::ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER, array(
                'url' => $params->url,
                'user' => $params->user,
                    ), true, $result);
}*/

Prdatur: sorry for abusing your program Tongue but i can't develop Tongue so used the dirty way  Cool

rpc has no windows version so i think it doesnt work under windows

phpminer_rpcclient is a php based script so it run's also under windows.
Activity: 969
Merit: 1000
rpc has no windows version so i think it doesnt work under windows

I need to have an ability of a quick pool switch of all my miners' hashpower (~10 rigs) to a new pool, is there a feature that can do it?
Basically, all I need to enter is a new pool address and logins generated like *user*.[1 to 10] and passwords generated all the same.
Nevermind the pool, can be a solo mine to one network wallet too!

Is it possible man?

A feature that can add, edit and delete pools on the fly across all rigs.

That feature is already available. You need to use pool groups to manage the pools.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
%insert your text% soon!
Damn!

It's still not working!
I taught it was, because switching pools works. But this seems to work without the RPC client running already.
Switching pool group however does not.

Back to start Sad

Tried starting the RPC in every way I could think of, but no luck.
No output in the CLI after starting either.

Today is weekend, will investigate some time. When you have skype or icq please send me a PM with contact info so we can work together to find out the problem.

@sheinsha
Will check it today or tomorrow.

MAN! If this will work out for me, I'll send some satoshies your way for sure!

The only thing I was wondering about a CGWatcher/CGRemote developer was:

I need to have an ability of a quick pool switch of all my miners' hashpower (~10 rigs) to a new pool, is there a feature that can do it?
Basically, all I need to enter is a new pool address and logins generated like *user*.[1 to 10] and passwords generated all the same.
Nevermind the pool, can be a solo mine to one network wallet too!

Is it possible man?

A feature that can add, edit and delete pools on the fly across all rigs.
Activity: 434
@sheinsha
Ok no problem let me know if you find anything

@ sheinsha. I can't find a way to download your edited files?
I accidentally forked phpminer now, no way to remove it
feel like such a newb now Cheesy

Github forking is in no way wrong, so dont worry!
You could clone my repo instead of the main one, but i would wait for prdatur to test it first and you could just pull when merged.
Damn!

It's still not working!
I taught it was, because switching pools works. But this seems to work without the RPC client running already.

Back to start Sad

Today is weekend, will investigate some time. When you have skype or icq please send me a PM with contact info so we can work together to find out the problem.

@sheinsha
Damn!

It's still not working!

Back to start Sad

Oh yeah! its working now!

did the following:

Code:
apt-get install chkconfig 
chkconfig phpminer_rpcclient on

To restart the cgminer, you need to follow this command:
Code:
/etc/init.d/phpminer_rpcclient restart
Oh yeah! its working now!

did the following:

Code:
apt-get install chkconfig 
chkconfig phpminer_rpcclient on

Just 2 more things before its perfect (for me at least).

- Restarting of cgminer does not work. Maybe because SMOS uses the 'mine start' command?
- I get no notification when I power off my rig (simulating a total crash).

By the way, the RPC client does not start in 'screen' as it did right after installing it.

@ sheinsha. I can't find a way to download your edited files?
I accidentally forked phpminer now, no way to remove it

feel like such a newb now Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: