Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support - page 5. (Read 11553 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I really wish you had disclosed that this will switch your rigs to mine for you as a donation. I read all though the website and this thread and there's no mention of it.  Roll Eyes

Yes, you are right.
I have added the explanation for auto donation to the readme.

However, it should be always a "must go" that after installing a system you check the "settings" page and there is directly the option to disable the donation.
That what I wanted.. people who don't want to donate can simple disable it without any hints or complicated ways and no hidden options.

Thank you, that goes a long way.
Activity: 434
I never got to that part, i keep getting "The cronjob never ran! ...".
I will reinstall everything in a few hours.
Does this (https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24) make the cron exit before setting as run?

Yes this can prevent to run the cron.
You could check if a config.json file exist within the config directory. Normally this will be created after adding the first rig.

If not then this is the error.

Ok but how can i add my first rig, if the cron wont run first, so the phpminer web interface wont start.. can i put a dummy config.json? Will you give me one small enough to pass that empty test?
Thanks
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hi, I am getting "The cronjob never ran!" on a new installation, but it has run multiple times already...
What else could be wrong?

Can you go to the console an run the cronjob manually? what does it say?
I run it manually ./cron.php and it does nothing.. no output at all, not even logs.

I think it is related to this line:
https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24
Since i dont have any configuration file... As i told you by PM, there is no mention of it in the readme.md

You can not run the cron with ./cron.php you have to type "php -f cron.php". You should have already a config file after added your first rig to phpminer.
Yes I did that too.. same thing.
By adding a rig to phpminer you say starting phpminer service on the same computer as the web files? There is no config created and the service is running.

No I mean when you open phpminer webinterface you are asked to provide rig details to add a rig, there you have to add your first rig (the machine on which the rpc client is running).
Does this (https://github.com/prdatur/phpminer/blob/master/cron.php#L22-L24) make the cron exit before setting as run?

Yes this can prevent to run the cron.
You could check if a config.json file exist within the config directory. Normally this will be created after adding the first rig.

If not then this is the error.
Hi, I am getting "The cronjob never ran!" on a new installation, but it has run multiple times already...

I run it manually ./cron.php and it does nothing.. no output at all, not even logs.

Since i dont have any configuration file... As i told you by PM, there is no mention of it in the readme.md

You can not run the cron with ./cron.php you have to type "php -f cron.php". You should have already a config file after added your first rig to phpminer.
By adding a rig to phpminer you say starting phpminer service on the same computer as the web files? There is no config created and the service is running.

No I mean when you open phpminer webinterface you are asked to provide rig details to add a rig, there you have to add your first rig (the machine on which the rpc client is running).

Hi, I'm not good at PHP, but it seemed that there is a serious issue for your donate design:

// If we mine over 24 hours. Switch to donate pools.
            if ($rig_config['mining_time'] >= 100) { #86400

You saw it correctly, this would switch every 100 seconds. Sad

Oh man, thank you very much, shit, this was a debug value for me to test if it is working good. Tomorroww there will be an update which fix this also with the issue fix to reboot linux machine.

Sorry for that, just forgot to change it back to the 86400 seconds.

I really wish you had disclosed that this will switch your rigs to mine for you as a donation. I read all though the website and this thread and there's no mention of it.  Roll Eyes

Yes, you are right.
I have added the explanation for auto donation to the readme.

However, it should be always a "must go" that after installing a system you check the "settings" page and there is directly the option to disable the donation.
That what I wanted.. people who don't want to donate can simple disable it without any hints or complicated ways and no hidden options.
Hi, it seems awesome, but as a linux newbie, I have no ideas on how to make it works. I'm running xubuntu, maybe a strong linux user can help. Btw i'm also stuck with ybc miner install, I don't know how to make it works.

I'd really love some help/support to makes my rigs back to work on scrypt/scrypt-jane with a nice php interface Smiley^

If someone feels like he could help, u can join me on btc talk or on skype @exilepoker.

Thanks

Knew this issue, so i decided to create install scripts for linux (debian/ubuntu based systems)

New version: 1.1.2

Changes:
  - Add linux install scripts for webinterface and rpc client (debian/ubuntu based distro only)
  - Improved readme to make clear that a auto donation exist but can be disabled at ANY time.
  - Enhanced "average" entry per rig.

Notice:
  - If you run on linux, please enter this command as root:
    insserv phpminer_rpcclient
    this is the new way for debian based distros to enable a script to run on boot with dependencies.

After updates always update the phpminer rpcclient and restart the service.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Hi, it seems awesome, but as a linux newbie, I have no ideas on how to make it works. I'm running xubuntu, maybe a strong linux user can help. Btw i'm also stuck with ybc miner install, I don't know how to make it works.

I'd really love some help/support to makes my rigs back to work on scrypt/scrypt-jane with a nice php interface Smiley^

If someone feels like he could help, u can join me on btc talk or on skype @exilepoker.

Thanks
Activity: 308
Hi, I'm not good at PHP, but it seemed that there is a serious issue for your donate design:

// If we mine over 24 hours. Switch to donate pools.
            if ($rig_config['mining_time'] >= 100) { #86400

You saw it correctly, this would switch every 100 seconds. Sad

Oh man, thank you very much, shit, this was a debug value for me to test if it is working good. Tomorroww there will be an update which fix this also with the issue fix to reboot linux machine.

Sorry for that, just forgot to change it back to the 86400 seconds.

I really wish you had disclosed that this will switch your rigs to mine for you as a donation. I read all though the website and this thread and there's no mention of it.  Roll Eyes

New version: 1.1.1

Changes:
  - Fix error while setup when CGMiner does not return valid version.
  - Add feature to collapse mining groups, an average value will be displayed for all rig's, rig's which have problems are shown always
  - Add global hashrate sum
  - Add hashrate sum per rig

Hi awesome tool you wrote there.

I am trying to let it run from a Rapsberry Pi and control all the Windows OS-based Miners in my LAN. However I ask myself if you do have a pre-compiled Win32 Binary of your dedicated cgminer version?

And in what format do I use the "cgminer_config_path" and "kernel-path" directives on Windows?

I didn't compiled the cgminer to win32, but it is not required. The enhancements are, that you can see the current mining pool a bit faster and that you can switch pool strategies. All other features are also available with just the normal cgminer version.

kernel-path: Can't really tell, also i saw that my kernel path is completely invalid (this directly does not exist at my machine)

cgminer_config_path: This is the path where your cgminer.conf file exist. If it does not exist, choose a directory of your choice.
The requirement is, that the webserver user (on which the webserver runs) has access to create, read and write files
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
Hi awesome tool you wrote there.

I am trying to let it run from a Rapsberry Pi and control all the Windows OS-based Miners in my LAN. However I ask myself if you do have a pre-compiled Win32 Binary of your dedicated cgminer version?

And in what format do I use the "cgminer_config_path" and "kernel-path" directives on Windows?
New version available: 1.1.0

Changes:
  - Fixed donate time within cron
  - Fixed reboot rig on linux

Hey idk if you understand what i mean. Atm this miner ( knc , avalon etc ) use cgminer. Also i can control it on cgremote with cgminer api. but with your panel cant add it because rpc part not run on miner side. It say and error ( normal ) . If can have possiblity bypass this it will be good for monitor more stuff ! Smiley

+1 I also would like to known if there is a way to not use PHPMiner RPC and just the cgminer API (I do not need restart)

Sorry it is not possible to run this without phpminer rpc. The problem is that my system supports multi rig setup.
PHPMiner rpc is required in order to restart cgminer, reboot the rig and reading / writing the config files to cgiminer.
This is needed to ensure that cgminer is started with the latest config's which you configurated.
Also when you switch a pool group, the new pool config needs to be written to the cgminer.conf file.
Pages:
Jump to: