Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread. - page 7. (Read 104000 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 16, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
We need another PiggyWeek!

Well, i'm collecting some announcements to make soon! Not 5 though Smiley

EDIT: maybe a piggyweekend?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
May 16, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
We need another PiggyWeek!
Activity: 182
May 14, 2014, 11:15:34 AM
Question for the Community...give me your thoughts

I own and operate CharityMiningPools and was wondering if the true community users would be interested in the following pool setup.

In addition to the current mandatory charity donation percentage, I was thinking about ways to give back to the Piggy Community as a whole. I've been toying with the following idea and I was wondering what the response would be since it will raise the % of coins being collected by mining, but for a great cause for us all.

Potential Fees/Donations from our pool based on feedback.

- 1.5% Mandatory Donation Fees (0.75% goes to the PiggyCoin Foundation, 0.75% goes to the PiggyCoin Community (more on this below))
- 0.75% Pool Fees (It would be easy for everyone to say cut the Pool Fees, but reality is that I currently loose about $120 each month running my pools as a whole so the Pool Fee is a must to salvage a little of the server costs)

PiggyCoin Community Donations (0.75%)
- Will be collected and donated each month to PiggyCoin voting on Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc...
- Will be collected and donated to PiggyCoin Faucets to keep the community from going dry
- Will be collected and donated to give-aways and other opportunities to raise awareness for PiggyCoin
- Can be used for any other suggested PiggyCoin community related items that will benefit the growth of PiggyCoin

We could even raise any of these values higher if the community was in agreement.  Maybe something like 1% to charity and 1% to the community as well as the pool fee?  We can have votes to determine where the community donations go each month as well.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  Let me know what you think.  Right now, I really have no miners supporting CharityMiningPools so I would need to make sure people are on board with what I'm proposing.  Currently no changes will be made until I get feedback from the community.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools
May 14, 2014, 09:12:23 AM
Don't worry too much about the "scam" whining. That word is so completely overused in the altcoin community that it has lost all meaning and most of us are numb to it. Just ask them for specifics and gently mock them when they fail to provide any evidence. Smiley

Seriously, I've done my share of defending PIG in the trollbox there and will continue to do so (without hyping it) - but let's just get it into its intended use teaching kids. Do that with a few thousand kids to start with, and the fundamentals will drive the price up.

yeah, this is what I defend. Let them scream "scam" and whatever they want. At the momen neither scam accusations nor price matters too much. We are still very young, we are better than we were a couple weeks ago, thats a fact but we still have a lot to do.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
May 14, 2014, 09:07:22 AM
Don't worry too much about the "scam" whining. That word is so completely overused in the altcoin community that it has lost all meaning and most of us are numb to it. Just ask them for specifics and gently mock them when they fail to provide any evidence. Smiley

Seriously, I've done my share of defending PIG in the trollbox there and will continue to do so (without hyping it) - but let's just get it into its intended use teaching kids. Do that with a few thousand kids to start with, and the fundamentals will drive the price up.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
May 14, 2014, 03:28:59 AM
I like the coin very much.
But it is sinking on Poloniex and the main reason for this is a few trollboxers which claim the piggie is just scam...(besides the multipools overheat last week)
Please pay attention.
We need a person there, just to spark the interest of the others, and to refute 'scam' claims.

Good Luck!
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
May 13, 2014, 02:54:48 PM
Cool Game ! Like it !  Wink
May 13, 2014, 02:10:39 PM
I would like to see some android game with/about this coin!  Wink

We have our Android version of HotPiggy Smiley
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
May 13, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
I would like to see some android game with/about this coin!  Wink
May 13, 2014, 03:11:52 AM
I'm willing to put up 100,000 Piggy to help with the spreading of crypto to young people and their parents. 

I would like to donate 50,000 to a person that can create an app based game that can spark an interest in crypto and be a fun game to play that can show the value in creating, trading ,and saving coins to your piggy bank..  I have a lot of ideas that can be used.   

I would also put 50,000 for a faucet that could be created through the game for achieving PIGGY milestones. 

I really believe in crypto and the ability it gives you to free yourself from the current financial system and I think everyone deserves to know what it can do.   PIGGY is great place to start. 

I would encourage everyone to chip in because the more people we can "enlighten" the better place it becomes. 

If interested please post and I will keep a running tally. 

Thanks for your time.,

we can add 400k. So more 200k piggies to each proposed project
Activity: 18
May 13, 2014, 01:40:26 AM
Active Dev = Good Future!
legendary
May 13, 2014, 12:32:24 AM
I like your ideas. I'm hoping to get kids involved with Piggycoin myself, and having some fun ways they can use or spend Piggycoin such as the games and milestones you mention would be an excellent start.
Activity: 46
May 12, 2014, 11:28:07 PM
I'm willing to put up 100,000 Piggy to help with the spreading of crypto to young people and their parents. 

I would like to donate 50,000 to a person that can create an app based game that can spark an interest in crypto and be a fun game to play that can show the value in creating, trading ,and saving coins to your piggy bank..  I have a lot of ideas that can be used.   

I would also put 50,000 for a faucet that could be created through the game for achieving PIGGY milestones. 

I really believe in crypto and the ability it gives you to free yourself from the current financial system and I think everyone deserves to know what it can do.   PIGGY is great place to start. 

I would encourage everyone to chip in because the more people we can "enlighten" the better place it becomes. 

If interested please post and I will keep a running tally. 

Thanks for your time.,
Activity: 10
May 12, 2014, 11:16:56 AM
Yes this is certainly a good idea. I'd like to make sure it does not have

virus before running it...
Activity: 14
May 12, 2014, 11:11:07 AM
Active Dev = Good Future!
legendary
May 12, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
Meaningful changes take time. Projects to get kids using Piggycoin and get school programs up and running won't happen overnight, which is pretty much the timeframe of the average altcoin trader (as I know firsthand). So don't be discouraged by short-term moves in the price. Right now Piggycoin is like the rest of the alts, basically all speculation. But as it shifts more towards its intended use the demand will pick up and with it the price.
May 12, 2014, 05:00:49 AM
There was not an "error" in the announcement. Just some stuff we didn't wanna say so soon.
I did not leave. where did that idea come from (?). But now we need sone time to finalize this real world adoption,  this is hard, it's not just writing and testing code. People are a lot harder to deal with than machines.

About you making an investment and don't be able to sell your coins.. I'm sorry but if you invested it means that you believe in our project, if you were looking for short term profits I'm sorry but if you are on thus long term,  welcome on board!
Activity: 28
May 12, 2014, 01:34:55 AM
Through the comparison of the mining profit. Ideas need to change.
Activity: 154
May 12, 2014, 01:27:33 AM
What happened here?

After a few days away i come back to a thread that almost did not move and a price that is down more than 50%

Come on Dev please don't abandon us we believe in Piggy, we believe in you. Take us to the moon Smiley
Activity: 504
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
May 12, 2014, 12:44:30 AM
"The announcement specifies a pilot program
with two schools in the Netherlands."

The schools names ?
Adress ?

Grin

the Netherlands thing was sn error and i quickly fixed the text. We don't know if it's gonna be there yet.

Edit: Take a look at this scrypt made for the future piggy game by @AKMANNAN  http://t.co/8hNupyshyy

so people bought coins because ...
of announcement made that there was schools involved in this new project.
now you say there was an "error" in your announcement ...
NOW price has dropped 50% so we cannot even sell the coins and get our money back.
im sure I speak for ALOT of people when I say ... Gee thanks a lot!

I will remain positive and hope that this project does finalize soon as promised ...
you do seem to be active and honest ... so I personally will remain optimistic atm.
Pages:
Jump to: