Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PIG] Piggycoin old Thread. - page 5. (Read 104000 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 23, 2014, 04:12:00 PM
Wow, great news Smiley But I think there is a mistake in expected dates. Shouldn't it be 10/06 and 17/06?

My bad yeah, let me correct it Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
May 23, 2014, 04:07:30 PM
Wow, great news Smiley But I think there is a mistake in expected dates. Shouldn't it be 10/06 and 17/06?
May 23, 2014, 03:59:57 PM

BEFORE YOU READ THIS PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PIGGYBANK TO VERSION 1.4

Too long, I’m not in the mood to read this: Piggycoin is going PoS with multipool at launch, cutting the supply by 1/4 and adding x11 to the rest of the PoW. You will need to exchange your old coins.

Hey piggycoin community! First of all I wanna thank you all for staying on our side for this 3 months, it’s been a crazy ride!
Big changes are coming our way and the dev team wants everybody on the same boat so we will explain what’s gonna happen, why it’s happen and when it’s gonna happen!
The first big change is PoS, for those not familiar with it, proof of stake is another way of security our piggy network, this means “mining” as we know it won’t exist anymore and guess what? With PoS you will be able to win piggycoins just by leaving your Piggybank open! We won’t enter in many details on how this works because we don’t wanna occupy the whole page but if you want details of how much you’re gonna win we can give you the number: 15% of what you have for each year you leave it in your Piggybank!
And what if I want to keep using my computer to mine Piggycoins? This is not a problem, you will be able to do so with a slightly different method, as announced before Piggycoin will have a multipool, this is a place where you mine other coins and they are automatically sold for piggycoin.
Important: to become PoS in a secure way the piggycoin team decided to change blockchain. This means you will need to change your old piggycoins for the new ones, but don’t worry we are working to make this a really simple process.
The second big change coming is a reduction to the number of maximum coins piggy will have, in the beginning we aimed to have 2.1 billion coins and with this update only 500 millions coins will ever exist. This means the coins you have are 4 times rarer! Isn’t that great?

For better understanding of this messy plan we built a timeline:

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
May 23, 2014, 03:58:06 PM
piggycoin continues to impress me Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 23, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Hmmm, only little pump this time. At least better than nothing  Tongue

People got burnt last time a "Big ann" happened, so im not surprised.

Maybe this time its good long term news

(EDIT)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140523T20&p0=211&msg=Piggycoin%27s+Announcement
May 23, 2014, 03:04:00 PM
Awaiting BIG NEWS!
May 23, 2014, 02:31:04 PM
Hmmm, only little pump this time. At least better than nothing  Tongue

People got burnt last time a "Big ann" happened, so im not surprised.

Maybe this time its good long term news
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
May 21, 2014, 04:52:56 PM
looking forward to the annoucement !
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
May 23, 2014, 01:33:39 PM
Hmmm, only little pump this time. At least better than nothing  Tongue
May 23, 2014, 06:47:37 AM

So 100% POS with multipool?

Believe it when i see it later  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
May 22, 2014, 12:03:57 PM
Think CAIX
May 22, 2014, 08:58:15 AM
Is this a childcurrency?

It is meant to be a tool to teach children about crypto, which is an excellent idea. Check out:
http://www.piggy-coin.com/

Piggydev just dropped a pretty strong hint as to the news coming up on Friday on the trollbox over at Poloniex. Let's just say I reacted by snapping up 450K Piggy right then.

I saw him drop that hint too, sitting on 350K myself.  I think a child-crypto is a genius idea! 

What was the hint?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 22, 2014, 12:19:06 AM
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

pig.charityminingpools.com - All Donations go to The Piggy Foundation!

We need your help and support, come mine while making a difference!

Mandatory 0.75% donation fee goes to the Piggy Foundation.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.75% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.75% Pool Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

35 MH at our site but could use a lot more.  Please spread the hash out a bit among the pools.  We're supporting the Piggy Foundation and need you help.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2014, 09:22:54 PM
Can't wait for the announcement Smiley.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 21, 2014, 08:13:15 PM
Is this a childcurrency?

It is meant to be a tool to teach children about crypto, which is an excellent idea. Check out:

Piggydev just dropped a pretty strong hint as to the news coming up on Friday on the trollbox over at Poloniex. Let's just say I reacted by snapping up 450K Piggy right then.

I saw him drop that hint too, sitting on 350K myself.  I think a child-crypto is a genius idea! 
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
May 21, 2014, 04:55:42 PM
You can mine Piggycoin at www.CoinMine.pw - the best place to park your workers! Roll Eyes

Happy mining!

• > 40 coins to mine from one account!
  • Scrypt, Scrypt-N and X11 pools
  • Unique functions
  • Easy switch worker from web interface without reconnects and stales!
  • Almost 0% reject rate !
  • Switch and monitor workers with API !
  • Check balances and withdraw funds with API !
  • 6 Stratum nodes around the world!
  • Auto switch workers with personal Coin Sets and Coin's Difficulty range for every Worker
  • USD, LTC, BTC rates for all mined coins!
  • Profitability calculator for LTC, USD for all coins!
  • Really FAST and clean interface.
  • Self-written server software optimized for maximum performance!
  • Cool and impressive functions adds almost every day!

And off course standard:

• Several Dedicated Xeon Servers
  • SSL support
  • SSD HDD RAID
  • DDOS Protection
  • 99.9% Uptime since launch
  • IRC and E-mail support!
  • Stratum
  • VARDIFF
  • PPL(10MIN)S Payout
  • Manual payouts without minimum
  • Auto Payouts every 5 minutes
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
May 21, 2014, 03:19:43 PM
Is this a childcurrency?

May 21, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Is this a childcurrency?

An introduction currency. Your first one Smiley

Storm of Piggys?Huh

A hurricane, it will shake our foundations and we will rebuild them
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Premium
May 21, 2014, 02:56:56 PM