Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PiNX :: descendant of NXT — So much YUM - page 4. (Read 15920 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 250
I am interested too.

But I wonder how Pinx can send 2 million private messages to confirm registration?  Huh
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hm, I might revive my Pi Smiley Interested.
Activity: 44
Interested. Have Raspberry Pi on standby.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
I'm interested and will buy a Pi for this  Smiley
Activity: 23
RPi produced by several manufacturers (like EGOMAN). Which ones will be supported?

Very good question, thank you.

According to this: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/egoman, the EGOMAN version should be compatible.  Would be nice if someone could get their hands on one for testing.

Actually I already have a  red version of RPi from EGOMAN  Smiley
Will be glad to participate in the test.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
I just received my PI order.

So cute! 

I will try to use it tomorrow.
Activity: 33

This is who we are.  These are the principles on which PiNX is founded

So, you've got your Raspberry Pi and waiting, wondering, what can you do to help?

1. Turn it on.  Tinker, play, learn.  http://www.raspberrypi.org/ is the best place to start.

2. PiNX will be a fork of Nxt.  Therefore installing and running the Nxt client is another good exercise in preparation.

http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/How-To:InstallNRSRaspberryPi

3. Stay tuned Cheesy
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Interested. I love raspberry pi. (syris.fr)
RPi produced by several manufacturers (like EGOMAN). Which ones will be supported?

Very good question, thank you.

According to this: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/egoman, the EGOMAN version should be compatible.  Would be nice if someone could get their hands on one for testing.

Activity: 40
I'm in , and I have one Raspberry Pi !!!!
Activity: 23
I'm in. But i have question.
Activity: 140
Oh My God, 2,000,000 people ! This is a big thing  Grin

Is this being pushed on RPi forums and the like?

Not yet.  I am going to wait to introduce to RPi forums, but plan to before February 14th genesis registration begins.

You're more than welcome to warm them up ahead of time Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

LOL, agreed!  2,000,000 is unrealistic.  Point of emphasis is to include as many people in original distribution as possible, nothing more.

Is it unrealistic?

Is this being pushed on RPi forums and the like?

There are a lot of people who could be potentially introduced to crypto through the RPi.
It's great to see so much interest in PiNX!

I've been working to get some things in place, and will have more information soon.  Hold tight and watch this thread for updates.

Here to answer some questions:

The question is, will more Pis be good for the network? The answer should be yes, so it should be allowed. Though the number of Pis per IP should be limited, to prevent someone with easy access to a lot of Pis gaining an unfair advantage (universities, companies etc.)

You could check the uptime of the client so people can't just reconnect their router to get a new IP. Something like 'the client has to be online for at least 2/6/24/? hours uninterrupted to qualify for a stake.'

Yes, more Pis will be good for the network.  One Raspberry Pi per Bitcointalk account will be the method for distribution of original stake.  IP addresses or other 'fingerprints' will not be checked.

What is the plan if the 2,000,000 person start isn't met? what if you only have 1,000 people? I'm sincerely interested in the coin but I'm also being realistic in thinking that it will be VERY difficult to get that many people to start.  I don't even know if 2,000,000 Pi's have been produced.

LOL, agreed!  2,000,000 is unrealistic.  Point of emphasis is to include as many people in original distribution as possible, nothing more.

If 100% PoS, how is made the original distribution?
Have to stake on something.

Stake is a Raspberry Pi.

linking RasPi hardware to user login is very bad!
Pseudonymity is not perfect. No need to make it worst.
Linking hardware to username also link their IP and localisation.
I don't like that.

Use something NEM-like.
Earlier poster in this thread (with 10~20 minimum message) qualify for a share of the YUM (or PiNX unit).
Should not be a problem to split one's YUM in 2 to run 2 RasPi.
(It secure the network even more, perhaps. More decentralized)

I'd like OP return on this [distribution model & no-link].

Nothing is perfect, and Proof-of-Stake distribution is difficult without some level of trust.  All that will be collected is Raspberry Pi CPU serial number and Bitcointalk user account.  Source code will be available for the registration program before release.  Participation is voluntary, so if anything about the process makes you uncomfortable, you are welcome to skip this project.

more:
You wish to rely on a single hardware IP for distribution.
Point is for everyone to receive an even share I guess.
Using bitcointalk.org login seem more convenient than hardware ID.
At worst some will start mining/printing while other await for their RasPi to arrive.
I don't see that as a big problem.

Single IP has problems with large NAT networks, and MAC addresses can be faked.  Bitcointalk.org logins are easily spammed.  Use this account as an example.  The PiNX user was created specifically to launch this project.

I hope you are serious w/skill, and not delusional.
That's a great idea.

My skills are centered around embedded Linux development, C programming, and Linux administration.  I am only slightly delusional tackling a project like this Smiley
I acknowledge that I will not be able to do everything that is required for this project, and will require community support.

Yes Im in, when is the release date?

There is a tentative development schedule shared in the original post.  The only hard dates are Feb 14th to March 23rd -- This period will be genesis registration.  Some of the other dates are likely to shift around.  For instance, I expect to have a website in place before February 9th.

Well, what can I do?...im IN

Watch this thread for now.
Activity: 58
count me in too.  I have a Pi that i have not put to good use yet...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Yes Im in, when is the release date?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Help and Love one another ♥
I'm in.

If 100% PoS, how is made the original distribution?
Have to stake on something.

----

edit:
After thinking for 2 minutes:
linking RasPi hardware to user login is very bad!
Pseudonymity is not perfect. No need to make it worst.
Linking hardware to username also link their IP and localisation.
I don't like that.

Use something NEM-like.
Earlier poster in this thread (with 10~20 minimum message) qualify for a share of the YUM (or PiNX unit).
Should not be a problem to split one's YUM in 2 to run 2 RasPi.
(It secure the network even more, perhaps. More decentralized)

I'd like OP return on this [distribution model & no-link].

----

more:
You wish to rely on a single hardware IP for distribution.
Point is for everyone to receive an even share I guess.
Using bitcointalk.org login seem more convenient than hardware ID.
At worst some will start mining/printing while other await for their RasPi to arrive.
I don't see that as a big problem.

Fairness is good to have in mind, but 2 millions people at start is just not realist...
Take 1000~4000 people. Already amazing.

I hope you are serious w/skill, and not delusional.
That's a great idea.
Activity: 266
NXT is the future
What is the plan if the 2,000,000 person start isn't met? what if you only have 1,000 people? I'm sincerely interested in the coin but I'm also being realistic in thinking that it will be VERY difficult to get that many people to start.  I don't even know if 2,000,000 Pi's have been produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeding_the_multitude

Activity: 42
Pages:
Jump to: