Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PiNX :: descendant of NXT — So much YUM - page 7. (Read 15920 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
This is a very interesting project. I wish you success!!!
Activity: 22

I like the idea of using an energy efficent machine, but there are tons of other devices besides the raspberry pi, some with even lower power consumption and it doesn't really make sense to exclude those. Though it would make the initial distribution much more complicated.
Activity: 18
Activity: 403
Merit: 278
My Raspberry Pi ready ^ ^
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just bought a Raspberry Pi exclusively for this, can't wait.  Grin
Activity: 749
Merit: 501
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
I've ordered a bunch of raspberries in anticipation of this.

Each Bitcointalk account may only register one Raspberry Pi for inclusion in genesis block.  Any more, and you may get caught by the taint analysis and refused.

Will you limit newbie accounts somehow?
Activity: 6
I have one of the "older" model b Pis with 256 mb ram, I think many others too. Will they also be able to mine this?

I would not recommend a 256MB Raspberry Pi for the client software today.  However, with additional memory optimizations it may prove a viable platform at some time in the future.

A 256MB Pi is perfectly adequate to reserve a spot in the genesis block.

Ok, thx. I love the idea !
Activity: 33

Each Bitcointalk account may only register one Raspberry Pi for inclusion in genesis block.  Any more, and you may get caught by the taint analysis and refused.

EDIT: There will be no additional taint analysis.  One Raspberry Pi to one Bitcointalk account will be the method for acquiring stake in initial distribution
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Finally something for my RaspberryPI Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
another POS coin... i am in
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Yeah, skyrocket... NXT!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have one of the "older" model b Pis with 256 mb ram, I think many others too. Will they also be able to mine this?

I would not recommend a 256MB Raspberry Pi for the client software today.  However, with additional memory optimizations it may prove a viable platform at some time in the future.

A 256MB Pi is perfectly adequate to reserve a spot in the genesis block.
Activity: 6

PiNX is the first 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS) currency designed EXCLUSIVELY for the Raspberry Pi

PiNX DOES NOT use any Bitcoin code — it is a RASPBERRIER fork of Nxt

SO MUCH YUM!!!

(Pronounced ‘pinks’, currency ticker is PNX)

What sets PiNX apart?

• A NO-MONEY initial distribution
    • NO CURRENCY REQUIRED to be included in the genesis block!  All you need is a Raspberry Pi and a Bitcointalk account
    • What you DO NEED:
      • Raspberry Pi (512MB Revision B, w/SD card)      see ---> http://www.raspberrypi.org
      • 16GB (or greater) USB Flash Drive
      • Bitcointalk account
    • Initial distribution by registering the UNIQUE Raspberry Pi serial number to a UNIQUE Bitcointalk user (via prepared custom Pi IMG, delivered February 14th)

• The MOST POWER EFFICIENT currency available today
    • ALL NODES running on Raspberrry Pi.
    • Less than 5 WATTS per node
    • THROW AWAY your ASICs and your GPUs, you ain't gonna need 'em Cheesy

• NO SOFTWARE TO SETUP
    • Buy a pre-built SD card, PLUG IT IN to your Raspberry Pi, TURN IT ON, enter your passphrase... DONE
    • Or, you can flash your own using the official IMG file
    • Or, if you’re the REALLY nerdy type (like me), all source code and instructions will be available so you can build your own IMG from scratch.

• INCREASED ACCOUNT SECURITY by requiring use of dedicated, standalone Linux platform
    • Draws upon PROVEN open source communities, including Linux, Debian, and Raspbian for Operating System security
    • Built-in FIREWALL protection
    • Created by an experienced embedded Linux developer who understands BEST SECURITY PRACTICES
    • No more malware, viruses, trojans, or keyloggers STEALING your valuable passphrase!
    • Official releases will include operating system updates and latest version of Oracle Java PRE-INSTALLED
    • ENTIRE SYSTEM (Hardware, Operating System, Client Software) will be open source and available for peer review

• PLUS, PiNX will inherit all the cool features from Nxt (as they get developed)
    • Decentralized Alias System
    • Decentralized DNS
    • Basic DDoS Protection
    • Decentralized Asset Exchange
    • Colored Coins
    • Transparent Forging
    • Arbitrary Messaging
    • Instant Transactions
    • Decentralized Marketplace / Auction
    • Distributed Storage
    • Multi-signatures
    • Blockchain Shrinking
    • Two-phase Payments
    • Voting System
    • Reputation System
    • Decentralized Mixing Service
    • Distributed Computing
    • Smart Contracts
    • Hardware Wallets

Tentative development schedule

Jan 20Proof of concept complete, project announced
Feb 9Simple website in place
Feb 14Distribute genesis procurement IMG and begin collecting usernames and Raspberry Pi IDs
Mar 23End collection of IDs for initial distribution
Apr 7Official client IMG release with all initial accounts seeded
Apr 21Full source code release, accompanied by step-by-step 'build-your-own' instructions
TBDContribute changes upstream
LaterInexpensive, prepackaged hardware platforms available for purchase
Automatic updates to keep your system safe
Point-of-Sale hardware units for merchants

If you are interested, watch this thread and become involved

Thx, PiNX.

Pages:
Jump to: