Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PiNX :: descendant of NXT — So much YUM - page 5. (Read 15920 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
i dont think there are 2,000,000 people in BTC talk....so not sure how you are going to get 2,000,000 people in genesis block
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
What if more than one person in one household have accounts in this forum and pis they want to use for this?
How will you figure out if a account is a sock puppet or an indivdual?
Your points are valid and well taken.  I am open to suggestions.
The easiest answer that I can see is to stick to a 1 Raspberry Pi to 1 Bitcointalk account paradigm.  This opens the door to allow the same person with multiple accounts AND multiple Raspberry Pi's to gain additional initial stake equity.
Part of me says, 'so be it'.  It is the simplest solution, and requires a larger commitment.
What do you guys think? Is there a good way to solve this problem? Is 1 Pi to 1 account fair?
The question is, will more Pis be good for the network? The answer should be yes, so it should be allowed. Though the number of Pis per IP should be limited, to prevent someone with easy access to a lot of Pis gaining an unfair advantage (universities, companies etc.)
You could check the uptime of the client so people can't just reconnect their router to get a new IP. Something like 'the client has to be online for at least 2/6/24/? hours uninterrupted to qualify for a stake.'

I wouldn't mind increasing the limit of 1 Pi per individual...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
how many yummie do we get?

Mmm, yummies -- I like it!  Name reserved for fractional denominations.  (0.0001 PiNX == 1 Yummie, or something like that Cheesy)

Excellent!

Bitcoin has its satoshis.
NXT has its beyoncés.
PiNX has its yummies!

Nice.

Activity: 22
What if more than one person in one household have accounts in this forum and pis they want to use for this?

The easiest answer that I can see is to stick to a 1 Raspberry Pi to 1 Bitcointalk account paradigm.  This opens the door to allow the same person with multiple accounts AND multiple Raspberry Pi's to gain additional initial stake equity.

Part of me says, 'so be it'.  It is the simplest solution, and requires a larger commitment.

What do you guys think? Is there a good way to solve this problem? Is 1 Pi to 1 account fair?

The question is, will more Pis be good for the network? The answer should be yes, so it should be allowed. Though the number of Pis per IP should be limited, to prevent someone with easy access to a lot of Pis gaining an unfair advantage (universities, companies etc.)

You could check the uptime of the client so people can't just reconnect their router to get a new IP. Something like 'the client has to be online for at least 2/6/24/? hours uninterrupted to qualify for a stake.'
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

I don't have any suggestions because I’m not an expert in such things I just want to add that this issue will also affect students in dormitories because I think that they all have the same IP. At least this is in Germany the case.
Maybe it is best to the use the described paradigm. 
Activity: 189

From a previous post, it was mentioned the IP address will also be used to identify uniqueness -- to keep it limited to one individual at a time.  If that's still the case, some precautions can be taken to prevent people from using Tor, Hotspot Shield, Kiss, etc.  I know definitely that there are ways to detect if these tools are being used but do not know how.

Activity: 33

Your points are valid and well taken.  I am open to suggestions.

The easiest answer that I can see is to stick to a 1 Raspberry Pi to 1 Bitcointalk account paradigm.  This opens the door to allow the same person with multiple accounts AND multiple Raspberry Pi's to gain additional initial stake equity.

Part of me says, 'so be it'.  It is the simplest solution, and requires a larger commitment.

EDIT: One Raspberry Pi to one Bitcointalk account will be the method for acquiring stake in initial distribution
Activity: 102
I wish to make it VERY CLEAR:
Attempts to register multiple times will very likely be caught and you will be refused entry into genesis block.  Computer systems, networks, and peripherals contain many 'fingerprints', which will be used for taint detection.

Please respect the goal for equitable distribution.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
BTW, why can a newbie post here? Huh

Why not?  When the time is right, I expect to see a lot of newbie's here.  Promotion around the web had not started since there is nothing yet to promote.

I just noticed the titles of us changed.  I'm newbie now.... Umm   Huh Huh
how many yummie do we get?

Mmm, yummies -- I like it!  Name reserved for fractional denominations.  (0.0001 PiNX == 1 Yummie, or something like that Cheesy)

The amount each individual will get is dependent on the number of stakeholders who sign up during the registration period, which runs from February 14th to March 23rd.

Your stake will equal:
1,000,000,000 / # of initial stakeholders.

Each gets equal Yummie?  Emm~~ Sounds Good!
Just order a pi B and a SD card.

Why not?  When the time is right, I expect to see a lot of newbie's here.  Promotion around the web had not started since there is nothing yet to promote.

Interested!

Activity: 3
Merit: 250
sounds great Smiley I am in with my raspberry - going to build it on raspbian image which is already installed
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
First "2nd gen" coin that got my attention! Cheesy
Ok, I am really confused...is this just for other coin developers? Oh am I just creating this dummy post as a publicity stunt...because I thought that PiNX was a real project...was it just for this and is not a real coin?? Please explain a little more...

The PiNX currency is just as real as any other Nxt clone at this stage.  Still much work to be done, and there is a inherent risk in getting involved so early.

The project is real -- I want to make it happen.  I believe in the equitable distribution model, I believe in power efficient platform, I believe in the enhanced security in running on a dedicated Linux platform, and I believe in sharing my work.

The PiNX project is based upon open source ideals, and is friendly to our parent currency NXT.  All of our work will be shared so that NXT and its clones can copy or reproduce.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Attempts to register multiple times will very likely be caught and you will be refused entry into genesis block.  Computer systems, networks, and peripherals contain many 'fingerprints', which will be used for taint detection.

Please respect the goal for equitable distribution...

...or u will be punished

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
i am interesed
I have 3 raspberry and more 3 IP, I can participate x3 or just 1 par user ?

Just one per person, please.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4628420

Note: The PiNX user gets ZERO share.  Why?  This is a sock puppet.  My main account will get the same share as everyone else.

Step by step instructions would be great. I have no idea what to do after purchasing the starter kit. Or even when to do so
Activity: 49
holy cannoly, just bought a rasp for an art project. so I'm ready  Grin
Im in Wink
Rly good for my microPC Grin
i am interesed
I have 3 raspberry and more 3 IP, I can participate x3 or just 1 par user ?

Just one per person, please.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4628420

Attempts to register multiple times will very likely be caught and you will be refused entry into genesis block.  Computer systems, networks, and peripherals contain many 'fingerprints', which will be used for taint detection.

Note: The PiNX user gets ZERO share.  Why?  This is a sock puppet.  My main account will get the same share as everyone else.

EDIT: One Raspberry Pi to one Bitcointalk account will be the method for acquiring stake in initial distribution
Pages:
Jump to: