Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PlatinumBAR XPTX - Rare Cryptocurrency with PoW / PoS (230%) - page 19. (Read 79569 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
hey team quick question, I downloaded the blockchain but the wallet is still 48 weeks behind. Did this happen to anyone? is there an updated file? for the blockchain?

***update*** the wallet is up and running and already received rewards in my first two days. Smooth wallet. I see big potential in the future  Cool Cool Cool

Yes, the wallet is rock solid and a pleasure to use Smiley

Staking fragments your stack into a million specks of dust...
So using Coin Control to reconstitute bigger blocks may optimize performance.

What is optimal size of coin stack?
The reward amount doesn't match the size of stack.
I can see smaller stack returns bigger reward, so  I though it is pretty much random.
So I just combined all coins as a stack, but usually it's not a strategy.
The very next reward is usually very small.
Do I miss anything?

I may be wrong here because there are various stake methods apparently, so here goes...

If you have 100 coins in your wallet and it is split up into 3 inputs of say 60, 30 and 10 (total of 100) they all earn the same interest rate.  However, because the 60 coin input has more coins it will stake more often.  The 30 and 10 coin inputs will take longer to stake and give a seemingly bigger reward because they took longer to stake.    If you average everything out it adds up to 230%, but if you aren't paying attention it looks random. 
If you shut your wallet down for a month and then turn it on again, the stake reward is based on the last time it staked, so you would get 30+ days when it finally stakes.

If you use coin control to keep all your coins in a single block the rewards will flow in a bit more steadily.  Over time there is no difference unless you opted for small inputs, in which case they may take longer to stake than normal. 

Thanks.

How much can we expect to stake if people are staking?! Because in other coins if not all people are staking then the rewards are more. So can we expect more than 230%?
Also other than staking, is there any use for this coin? What drives this coin's price?

You will get a minimum of 230% APR on average, not sure if non-staking wallets affect the APR.  What's driving the coins price is its rarity.  There are only 550K -ish coins around so that makes it very attractive for potential investors.  POS coins in general are gaining traction and they are a source of passive income. 

Thanks, it's been 3 days now and yet to stake once... Awaiting...
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
hey team quick question, I downloaded the blockchain but the wallet is still 48 weeks behind. Did this happen to anyone? is there an updated file? for the blockchain?

***update*** the wallet is up and running and already received rewards in my first two days. Smooth wallet. I see big potential in the future  Cool Cool Cool

I can see smaller stack returns bigger reward, so  I though it is pretty much random.
Do I miss anything?

I may be wrong here because there are various stake methods apparently, so here goes...

If you have 100 coins in your wallet and it is split up into 3 inputs of say 60, 30 and 10 (total of 100) they all earn the same interest rate.  However, because the 60 coin input has more coins it will stake more often.  The 30 and 10 coin inputs will take longer to stake and give a seemingly bigger reward because they took longer to stake.    If you average everything out it adds up to 230%, but if you aren't paying attention it looks random. 
If you shut your wallet down for a month and then turn it on again, the stake reward is based on the last time it staked, so you would get 30+ days when it finally stakes.

If you use coin control to keep all your coins in a single block the rewards will flow in a bit more steadily.  Over time there is no difference unless you opted for small inputs, in which case they may take longer to stake than normal. 

Thanks.

How much can we expect to stake if people are staking?! Because in other coins if not all people are staking then the rewards are more. So can we expect more than 230%?
Also other than staking, is there any use for this coin? What drives this coin's price?

You will get a minimum of 230% APR on average, not sure if non-staking wallets affect the APR.  What's driving the coins price is its rarity.  There are only 550K -ish coins around so that makes it very attractive for potential investors.  POS coins in general are gaining traction and they are a source of passive income. 
Activity: 21

Do I miss anything?

Thanks.

Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end

Do I miss anything?

Activity: 2
Been staking this for the past week and haven't gotten any rewards. Is this normal? Also, I've been getting this message regarding malwarebytes blocking outbound website file (2 times now) for XPTX while my client is running. Does this have anything to do with not receiving staking rewards? Do I need to add XPTX to the exclusion list?

Not sure how to post an image on here so here's the imgur of the error message:
https://imgur.com/CKR6530

Any information/tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Noobie Staker
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
looks  interesting, a rare crypto with fun that is halfway from starting

This has been around for a while... it has a good spread on the markets. Seems to be going somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
[/
I don't know what optimal block size is, but I'm experimenting...

(a)  it can't be "random" because then minnows would get a higher pct return than whales

(b)  I have 48 blocks right now and the one's with the highest confirmation number tend to be small

(c)  I'm pretty sure my return is better since I started consolidating blocks, will know for sure in about 10 days

For some weird reason I'm fascinated by this type of high yield coin...
I must get a dopamine hit every time I stake, man Smileyquote]

Actually, I have a detailed Excel sheet for each of my positions...
Based on staking about 1% of all XPTX for 2 months... you're approach is sub-optimal Smiley

So what's the smallest and largest stack you have?
It seems a small stack can return bigger reward but it is staking much more time.
I'm thinking of combining and splitting them by 100 coins and see how it goes.

Speaking of high yield coins, it is a peanut compared to some of really high yielding coins. Grin

OK, I've definitely gone from about 230% annualized to 330-340% annualized...
When the blocks get halved down to the 30-40 XPTX range or lower...
Round up the ones with < 1000 confirmations and reconstitute bigger blocks in 150-200 range.

You only have to do this about once per day Smiley
Activity: 446
Merit: 105
[/

(a)  it can't be "random" because then minnows would get a higher pct return than whales

(b)  I have 48 blocks right now and the one's with the highest confirmation number tend to be small

(c)  I'm pretty sure my return is better since I started consolidating blocks, will know for sure in about 10 days

I must get a dopamine hit every time I stake, man Smileyquote]

Based on staking about 1% of all XPTX for 2 months... you're approach is sub-optimal Smiley

So what's the smallest and largest stack you have?
It seems a small stack can return bigger reward but it is staking much more time.
I'm thinking of combining and splitting them by 100 coins and see how it goes.

Speaking of high yield coins, it is a peanut compared to some of really high yielding coins. Grin

legendary

I can see smaller stack returns bigger reward, so  I though it is pretty much random.
Do I miss anything?

(a)  it can't be "random" because then minnows would get a higher pct return than whales

(b)  I have 48 blocks right now and the one's with the highest confirmation number tend to be small

(c)  I'm pretty sure my return is better since I started consolidating blocks, will know for sure in about 10 days

I must get a dopamine hit every time I stake, man Smiley

Nope.  Just stake 24/7, don't waste coinage, and maximize your compound interest.

Activity: 132
-->BUY-->HODL-->SELL-->REPEAT-->
We need  more marketing on twitter maybe and a discord channel, can you create it dev, please?
Exactly right! twitter is a high-impacted social media, so twitter campaign will help to spread popularity of the project.

then start  Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 168
We need  more marketing on twitter maybe and a discord channel, can you create it dev, please?
Exactly right! twitter is a high-impacted social media, so twitter campaign will help to spread popularity of the project.
Activity: 26

I can see smaller stack returns bigger reward, so  I though it is pretty much random.
Do I miss anything?

(a)  it can't be "random" because then minnows would get a higher pct return than whales

(b)  I have 48 blocks right now and the one's with the highest confirmation number tend to be small

(c)  I'm pretty sure my return is better since I started consolidating blocks, will know for sure in about 10 days

Nope.  Just stake 24/7, don't waste coinage, and maximize your compound interest.
Activity: 144

There is yet so can you join to us dev🙏 This is a great coin just need to improve community and communication
Activity: 144
legendary

Do I miss anything?

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Do we have a Discord?
Activity: 446
Merit: 105

Do I miss anything?
legendary

Activity: 132
-->BUY-->HODL-->SELL-->REPEAT-->

***update*** the wallet is up and running and already received rewards in my first two days. Smooth wallet. I see big potential in the future  Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I'm stuck @block 617672 for hours now...
Pages:
Jump to: