Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 107. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The video game market is expanding as it reaches an increasingly broad audience responding to various interests, people spend more and more money and are increasingly active in video games, playkey will undoubtedly be an actor in the direct expansion of the video game.
Activity: 554
Merit: 251
I've just tried this out with my obsolete computer and must admit I'm impressed.

Such a good option for users those computer barely handle multitasking on operating system.
Might even consider to order subscription but I find prices to be a little high.

Cool man.  Is this DOOM? Could your pc run this game without playkey? Was it fairly smooth?

What's your internet speed?

And how much do they charge?
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
As altcoin profits keep falling, from a cryptominer's point of view PlayKey could become an interesting alternative revenue stream. Do you think PlayKey is compatible with multi-gpu mining rigs?

I don't think that PlayKey wants you to use the hardware power to mine coins. I think a lot of miners running their PlayKey virtual PC 24/7 at full power would really hurt them.

Well, that is a certainly a creative use of the service that I did not anticipate Cheesy

Just to be clear, I meant miners could rent out there hardware to PlayKey, not the other way around.
Activity: 180
I've just tried this out with my obsolete computer and must admit I'm impressed.

Such a good option for users those computer barely handle multitasking on operating system.
Might even consider to order subscription but I find prices to be a little high.

Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Cool project. I'm a gamer, and my graphics cards have been changed many times, and I have to tell my friends about this project Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Does the game require graphics card configuration requirements?

You get the flow and most likely the platform will be available even on weak graphics card
Activity: 518
Just saw that Playkey made it to Forbes. This article definitely showed Playkey in a very positive light. Great publicity for Playkey.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chongchris/2017/10/11/cloud-gaming-is-launching-in-southeast-asia-using-blockchain-to-empower-gamers/#68958b4843a5

You wrote correctly! Such news has a positive impact before the ICO. But it's also important that the team develops this product for 4 years. Maybe we'll get a good platform!
Cloud gaming is technology of the future. Considering that devs were working on this platform for 4 years I'm sure that it's almost finished in no time  Cool
Activity: 371
Does the game require graphics card configuration requirements?
Activity: 420
Presents and discounts available now on playkey site, get them all!)
What presents and discounts are on the site? Tell me about this in more detail.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Yes gaming industry is a big business, and today cloud is about to replace all on premise solution. Cloud gaming is about to explode and become a new gaming standard. And playkey will link that to another huge market, blockchain, playkey is really a nice project.
Activity: 434
Presents and discounts available now on playkey site, get them all!)
Activity: 195
Just saw that Playkey made it to Forbes. This article definitely showed Playkey in a very positive light. Great publicity for Playkey.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chongchris/2017/10/11/cloud-gaming-is-launching-in-southeast-asia-using-blockchain-to-empower-gamers/#68958b4843a5

You wrote correctly! Such news has a positive impact before the ICO. But it's also important that the team develops this product for 4 years. Maybe we'll get a good platform!
Activity: 835
Merit: 1000
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
I missed this Ann and only now I've heard of this project.

After reading the whitepaper I'm going to go ahead and call it a scam (not that in 7 pages anyone seem to care if this project could even work, people just seem to just blindly trust the project showing exactly what's wrong with ICOs).

First off, you can't possibly run already existing games in a decentralized manner. Running interactive games is not just 3D rendering, the game has to practically fully run on the "mining" machine including resources like CPU/RAM/storage.

And you can't run the majority of games multiple time (online DRM, 1 account/instance) so multiple miners running the same game for one player is impossible.

So it's already centralized in a sense that 1 miner = 1 player. And if that miner has issues the player will lose progress. The gamer would also want to play games on his account which would be hard to hide from the miner who would be running the game introducing security issues.

Streaming like Nvidia Shield or Steam Link works because they do so locally. The nvidia shield for example requires "50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality" (source) which is easy to get on your local WiFi which probably have 70-100 Mbps speeds. Now players would need 50Mbps internet connection and miners would require 50Mbps per game they "mine". You could say 720p 30fps is enough but even old hardware can achieve that without latency and having to pay for it. And don't even dream about 4k...

The whitepaper argues that most people can't play games with the highest settings but most people also doesn't have a stable 50Mbps internet connection. So the video feed would have to be compressed which means a maxed out game will look like it's on low settings. An uncompressed video feed would require very fast (as in high bandwidth) internet. Steam's average download rate is 33.6 Mbps currently in the US including gamers with their own gaming PCs who also tend to afford faster internet.

The whitepaper also says such delusions as mining would be
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;

Which is just nonsense they can't possibly know.

And even if the impossible could be done and more computers could collectively stream the same game in a decentralized manner for 1 person playing, one miner having a lagspike or any short issue would surely create visual glitches and redundancy would make the cost unfeasible. But again, you can't render current games in real time without the whole game running so it's a moot point. Shit, some games can't even use more than 1-2 CPU cores or use SLI ffs...

And of course if this already existing proprietary platform would really exist, you wouldn't need an ICO. This project just smells like just another scam ICO seasoned a random interesting topic.
Not being a gamer, or that technically inclined wanted to thank you for this post. haven't had time but when I read it I decided not to waste any time or money, thanks for sharing. I knew bandwidth would be a constraint but didn't realize the extent of it, not to mention the rest of the problems. They could do it in a centralized manner, and only have a decentralized token but still see project going nowhere until bandwidth (upstream) for average gamers increases and still end of day they could offer same service using Bitcoin instead of a token to compensate "miners" and renters since it's a centralized service. Anyway finally got a chance to check out the forums had this bookmarked wanted to say thanks for sharing your analysis of the whitepaper.
Activity: 252
Activity: 448
If i want to rendering video for my blog on YT in`s real? I want buy some tokens because game industy on  the rise
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
oh.. I see that they have nice bonuses for pre-sale... But amount to high for me...
60-150 ETH - 25%
151-500 eth - 30%
501+ eth -35%

May be devs will reduce min amount?  Huh

Yeah, same with me, have to wait for ICO. Does anyone know how much they have raised in pre-sale so far?

I'm never able to get into any pre-sales Sad You pretty much need to be a whale to have those sort of funds.

That'as a way to motivate big whales. They know they can make important profits like this in a short period of time with this.
the sums to invest in pre-sale to  obtain bonuses are to high for me unfortunately,i have to wait ico to invest on this project...
Activity: 97
Playkey CEO & Cofounder
The day before the ICO.
Activity: 224
Merit: 107
When will the token generation event take place?
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
60ETH is hard to get in this period, I'll pass on the presale, maybe the ICO depending on the results and communication  Grin

yes, bitcoin is killing all altcoins during the period of the upcoming hard fork Smiley

i guess, many ico projects during this time, will have it hard to hit the hard cap.

i think soo... but we no need to worry about playkey ICO because playkey ICO will begin on 1st november.
i wish so much luck for this playkey project, because iam also gamer Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

for gamers ICO playkey will be uniguely interesting because the invest in a real product that every day will  be used

I agree, it's best to invest in what you use yourself. I'm not a gamer, but I know that this segment is very promising and there is much to develop
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
if anyone is interested:
Review of ICO PLAYKEY - a breakthrough in gaming technology (Russian): http://cryptohabr.ru/ico/playkey.html
And here video (Russian): https://youtu.be/LmD4XcXjm4I

Thanks for this. Although I'm not Russian I'll ask a friend to have a look and let me know what's described in this review.
I do think that PlayKeys has potential in the future, especially with the mining concept..
I've read here on the forum that GPU miners can receive up to 10$/day .. but I've also read that the subscription of playkey is only 10$.
Did anyone already crunch the numbers in detail?
Jump to: