Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 43. (Read 41897 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 115
I think the price to use the platform is not so expensive, 20$ for a mounth up to 70h is really nice, compare that to the price of a full gaming laptop and you will see that with that money you can be customer of playkey for years !

But as i get it, you have to pay for every game extra if you will want to play a full version. I dont know how this looks like, do you get your own version of the game with CD key and everything?
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I think the price to use the platform is not so expensive, 20$ for a mounth up to 70h is really nice, compare that to the price of a full gaming laptop and you will see that with that money you can be customer of playkey for years !
It's very cheap. A gaming laptop with high specs costs 2000$. Means you can play 100 months for that amount.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
Bear in mind that this laptop sooner or later will be obsolete, Playkey servers will be always up to date  Cool
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Really nice project you have here and giving away to the public is a good step in the right direction.
Cause we all know a no B.S approach is what everyone is seeking nowadays with so many new alt coin coming out of the woodworks and with the sudden influx of these new tokens coming out every two to fours hours it is flooding the ETHereum network.
So hoping yours alleviates this problem some how.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Very interesting idea. And judging by the growth of the gaming industry, the tokens will only grow
I think this will fit perfect for VR devices. Many gamers don't have the hardware to play VR games but this will make it possible.
Is Playkey VR not developed for now?
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Their whitepaper was telling their mining will pay to miners more than bitcoin or ethereum mining. So if it happens every miners wants to be a miner of this.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

I'm just wondering, how can they pay approximately 1$ an hour, if the client pays ~ 10$ for a whole month of playing, or up to 70h, if I remember correctly...

Am I missing something?. Cuz it doesn't make sense to me.

There is difference. We have different packages - 1 hour for $1, or 1 month starting from $10 and up to $20. 70 hours is the limit. The reality is that gamers play much less, so you can be able to host other gamers and get more rewards.
So, if gamers play ~20h and pay 20$ a month, it would mean that all money moves from the gamers to the miners, without any profit for playkey?

What happens if the gamers play more?

Can powerful gaming rigs run several games at the time?

How money moves from gamers to miners? I cant understand  Huh
Gamers will pay to devs...
Activity: 448
Developing your application for smart TV is already underway?
Activity: 952
Merit: 137

I'm just wondering, how can they pay approximately 1$ an hour, if the client pays ~ 10$ for a whole month of playing, or up to 70h, if I remember correctly...

There is difference. We have different packages - 1 hour for $1, or 1 month starting from $10 and up to $20. 70 hours is the limit. The reality is that gamers play much less, so you can be able to host other gamers and get more rewards.
So, if gamers play ~20h and pay 20$ a month, it would mean that all money moves from the gamers to the miners, without any profit for playkey?

nope the miners do have to pay a fine to playkey. i think it was about 25% of what they get and the times were relevant too, where they can mine. it depends on the network latency afaik.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I just read this in the bounty thread

PLAYKEY CAMPAIGN 1,500,000 PKT tokens (1,5%) ≈ 13,500ETH (ICO Price) ≈ 3,915,000$

This is a fixed amount or it depends on the sold tokens on pre-sale and ICO?

the price has been reduced. $1,5 mln pkt token is now worth 6000 ETH without bonus.
That 6000 ETH is a fixed amount? its pretty big  Grin, its about 40 - 50 % of what they have raised right now.
And i think its important to change that 13,500 ETH asap to prevent misunderstanding.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but what are the reasons behind this change? Don't like when ICO terms change.
Activity: 826
Merit: 117
The DigRate makes some valid points and but also overlooks some benefits of PlayKey. Nevertheless I hope the PlayKey will look at the weaker spots and try to improve them.

What are the weak spots of PlayKey? What do you think?

One weak spot is the RoI for miners.

The PlayKey subscription fee, and therefore the amount of money PlayKey miners can earn, is limited by the monthly fees of PlayKey's competitors. DigRate estimates miners could earn $150 a month, which means it takes more than a year to earn back the hardware. If you add the electricity cost it will take even longer.

Electricity cost is not calculated by DigRate, so let us do the math. Assuming a usage rate of 50% with the computer drawing 250 Watt that means 3 kilowatt a day. If 1 kilowatt costs $0.15, that is $164 a year. It will take over a month of mining to earn that back.

yess.... more gamer are using dezentralized playkey and miner will get more income.
+ if pkt token succefully adden into major exchange. i believe all playkey holder will get profit more than 50% rising price
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I just read this in the bounty thread

PLAYKEY CAMPAIGN 1,500,000 PKT tokens (1,5%) ≈ 13,500ETH (ICO Price) ≈ 3,915,000$

This is a fixed amount or it depends on the sold tokens on pre-sale and ICO?

the price has been reduced. $1,5 mln pkt token is now worth 6000 ETH without bonus.
That 6000 ETH is a fixed amount? its pretty big  Grin, its about 40 - 50 % of what they have raised right now.
And i think its important to change that 13,500 ETH asap to prevent misunderstanding.
Activity: 554
Merit: 251

Activity: 476
I'd like to play games with my PC on a smartphone.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
The DigRate makes some valid points and but also overlooks some benefits of PlayKey. Nevertheless I hope the PlayKey will look at the weaker spots and try to improve them.

What are the weak spots of PlayKey? What do you think?

One weak spot is the RoI for miners.

The PlayKey subscription fee, and therefore the amount of money PlayKey miners can earn, is limited by the monthly fees of PlayKey's competitors. DigRate estimates miners could earn $150 a month, which means it takes more than a year to earn back the hardware. If you add the electricity cost it will take even longer.

Electricity cost is not calculated by DigRate, so let us do the math. Assuming a usage rate of 50% with the computer drawing 250 Watt that means 3 kilowatt a day. If 1 kilowatt costs $0.15, that is $164 a year. It will take over a month of mining to earn that back.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
Very interesting idea. And judging by the growth of the gaming industry, the tokens will only grow
I think this will fit perfect for VR devices. Many gamers don't have the hardware to play VR games but this will make it possible.

Wasn't thinking about that, I guess you're right, VR in general needs a lot GPU power, do you if there's any cloud platform offering services specified on VR?

I think VR becoming a common tech these days and even giant like google is trying ways to make it simpler. Lets see how Playkey will implement it or not.

Today we see there are many projects being launched in this technology, of course, there is a demand for VR devices in the real world. I hope Play key is going to develop the hardware to play VR games?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

Wasn't thinking about that, I guess you're right, VR in general needs a lot GPU power, do you if there's any cloud platform offering services specified on VR?

I think VR becoming a common tech these days and even giant like google is trying ways to make it simpler. Lets see how Playkey will implement it or not.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: