Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 41. (Read 41897 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Yes that’s why the concept is really good, miner will not have to upgrade or create a rigs, they can continue to mine and earn more from this power with playkey. Its a pretty good utilisation of the current mining power, playkey is a smart idea.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Well someone else has to buy those high end rigs to provide computing power, no?

Miners already has those rigs Smiley
So nobody has to buy anything. Miners will make much more money for providing gpu power then when they are mining with the gpu's.
That's what makes this idea so good, because they're making the most of things that already exist to develop a new producto. So the base seems pretty good to me.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
What crypto do you accept in your project?
On website you can deposit via ETH,but now you can buy with some coin like BTC,LTC,DASH,BCC,and more
just visit this link https://evercoin.com/pkt
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
Well someone else has to buy those high end rigs to provide computing power, no?

So nobody has to buy anything. Miners will make much more money for providing gpu power then when they are mining with the gpu's.

Have there been any figures released by Playkey to support that claim (that miners will make more money providing gpu power rather than mining other crypto)?
It sounds a bit too good to be true, and I would think that in reality, it will depend on whether there is an undersupply of GPU power on the network, and on the current mining profitability of other coins.
Also, wouldn't the Playkey miners also have to make sure that they have the other decent components required to run the game (eg. CPU, RAM, HD)? so some people that have been mining other cryptos (which usually only need decent gpu and some ram) might have to buy other components to run the games properly.
Majority (especially big miners) would stay with mining ETH and other alt coins. Anyway if you have top quality gpu you can bought mediocre cpu and rent your pc
Activity: 252

Have there been any figures released by Playkey to support that claim (that miners will make more money providing gpu power rather than mining other crypto)?
It sounds a bit too good to be true, and I would think that in reality, it will depend on whether there is an undersupply of GPU power on the network, and on the current mining profitability of other coins.
Also, wouldn't the Playkey miners also have to make sure that they have the other decent components required to run the game (eg. CPU, RAM, HD)? so some people that have been mining other cryptos (which usually only need decent gpu and some ram) might have to buy other components to run the games properly.
Activity: 462
i see myself using playkey when my computer cant handle new games that require better specs and i just don't want  to upgrade my computer just to play 1 game
I heard that in the future the company plans to produce cheap and productive consoles. It's impressive

Right! We are trying to decide, android or linux.

With these developments, PLAYKEY will definitely affect the sales growth of high end gaming rigs.

I don't think so. High end gaming rigs are bought by "hardcore" gamers .. which are (because of the gaming delays) not the target group.

mmm, that may be true to a degree, there will be always people that want their own rig, but some people would want to use a laptop when they can't carry their rig everywhere, there will be many instances that playkey will be used, some other people would prefer this as oppose to buy a rig, but that will only happen with the most famous and popular games, less know games won't have many or none miners to use.

Hardcore gamers will in fact, still be  buying high end rigs but the sales growth will definitely slow down, imho, as the demand for such equipment will be directly affected by what PLAYKEY platform has to offer.
Of couse that was my first thought when I saw this project. I'm not going to need a expensive computer any more.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
just joined the sig campaign and wish you  good luck for this project. looking interesting
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
i see myself using playkey when my computer cant handle new games that require better specs and i just don't want  to upgrade my computer just to play 1 game
I heard that in the future the company plans to produce cheap and productive consoles. It's impressive

With these developments, PLAYKEY will definitely affect the sales growth of high end gaming rigs.

I don't think so. High end gaming rigs are bought by "hardcore" gamers .. which are (because of the gaming delays) not the target group.

mmm, that may be true to a degree, there will be always people that want their own rig, but some people would want to use a laptop when they can't carry their rig everywhere, there will be many instances that playkey will be used, some other people would prefer this as oppose to buy a rig, but that will only happen with the most famous and popular games, less know games won't have many or none miners to use.

Hardcore gamers will in fact, still be  buying high end rigs but the sales growth will definitely slow down, imho, as the demand for such equipment will be directly affected by what PLAYKEY platform has to offer.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

For sure Linux, much more possibilities in my opinion. Android is nice, but you have a lot of limitations..
As far as I know android is just Linux distribution and they're aiming to support Android TV devices Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 263

For sure Linux, much more possibilities in my opinion. Android is nice, but you have a lot of limitations..
Activity: 294

That would be awesome! I personally prefer playing consoles over PCs but its annoying having to spend $400+ for a new console every couple years.

consoles will die after the next generation. it's not a format that will stand the test of time. why would playkey make consoles? makes no sense.

Consoles will never die, they become more an more popular.

I am a console game since NES, it will not stop  Grin
Merit: 263
Very interesting idea. And judging by the growth of the gaming industry, the tokens will only grow
I think this will fit perfect for VR devices. Many gamers don't have the hardware to play VR games but this will make it possible.

Wasn't thinking about that, I guess you're right, VR in general needs a lot GPU power, do you if there's any cloud platform offering services specified on VR?

I think VR becoming a common tech these days and even giant like google is trying ways to make it simpler. Lets see how Playkey will implement it or not.

True VR and AR are on the verge of becoming mainstream. However not everyone will have the hardware available.
If playkey can stream this and just take the input of the headset (gyro) then a lof of people will stream the games and will no longer buy big hardware for this.
Activity: 210
everything goes well. The platform's awareness is growing. I think tokens will grow in price after entering the exchange

We will see. PlayKey has to implement everything that is planned in their roadmap.

They accept BTC and ETH.
The good think is, everytime I check the counter, more eth good into the project, even if it's just slow but steady. Someone know what soft cap there is?

softcap is $5mln
source https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xj2ie0HTQrYVFUaFgtM09TUkk/view

I saw that soft cap is 10M PKT tokens.

It's hard to know how much in $.

since they already raised 4 mil $ then it shouldn't be hard to raise another mil in the ICO.

I think they can make more. Maybe not hit the hard cap but sell 30M PKT tokens
Activity: 434

Linux, i hope. Why Android?
Activity: 154
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

That would be awesome! I personally prefer playing consoles over PCs but its annoying having to spend $400+ for a new console every couple years.

consoles will die after the next generation. it's not a format that will stand the test of time. why would playkey make consoles? makes no sense.

I don't know why you are saying this but I really don't agree with you, casual gamers play mostly on consoles

Just look at this http://www.businessinsider.com/ps4-playstation-4-sales-june-2017-8?IR=T
Pages:
Jump to: