Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency - page 82. (Read 85155 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
hello , block reward 346718.7232 MSR?
Activity: 546
Hello,

I need more info for  build pool.

zecimale ...etc..

block reward...

Thank you

daniel

www.mine-pool.ro

Activity: 266
Merit: 103
Activity: 326
You only need the daemon once you have an address to mine. On your other machines you can run `start_mining [addr] x`, where x is the number of threads, and [addr] is your wallet address, then it should start mining (you can view hash rate using `show_hr`, and there's a corresponding `hide_hr`  command). Hope that helps!

I ran "help" command where i write commands to mine and such, and this one is not there, also when i write show_hr it says unknown command.

EDIT: ok got it, had to run command in other cli. It's going slow to find anything Smiley hah
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I hope you can go to some authoritative trading platform so that people will be more enthusiastic about this coin
Activity: 134
Merit: 11
You only need the daemon once you have an address to mine. On your other machines you can run `start_mining [addr] x`, where x is the number of threads, and [addr] is your wallet address, then it should start mining (you can view hash rate using `show_hr`, and there's a corresponding `hide_hr`  command). Hope that helps!
Got it. I closed masarid before running wallet cli. Now i have both open at same time. Using right now 3/4 threads of my Intel i5 6500.

I have in masarid window that i started mining on 3 threads, 0 1 2, but I dont see any hashrate going on or anything, do i just let it sit like this?

How do i multi mine? I have main pc and 3 rigs. I want to mine with all at once. I did copy paste all the folder with my wallet files and everything that i made on my main pc (where i mine with 3/4 threads) and now i ran the same thing on my rigs with 1/2 threads. They all mine to same wallet but each CPU seperately.
Activity: 78
dime a dozen. another day another launch with no improvements on existing mechanics and framework.
@Brucelats those binaries you have are already compiled. You're doing it correctly, though you probably need to let the daemon bind to the necessary ports and synchronise with the network before your wallet can be operational.
Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback!

@TheKryptonian I've updated the announcement post with a detailed description of our initiative for the Masari project - I'm looking forward to further feedback.

@sstercan I've added a Slack permanent invitation link - feel free to sign up and be first to join the Slack group.

Cheers,
Thaer

How do i get this wallet working and solomining?

I am using Win PC and after i downloaded Windows link there are several apps inside. Do i need to compile that to make wallet app or how?

I ran first masarid, then after wallet cli, i created wallet inside it but now i have something with yellow letters no daemon...

I am confused Sad help how to make this thing working on Windows and how to Solomine.

Also had this message:

Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon: http://localhost:38081. Daemon either is not started or wrong port was passed. Please make sure daemon is running or restart the wallet with the correct daemon address.
Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback!

@TheKryptonian I've updated the announcement post with a detailed description of our initiative for the Masari project - I'm looking forward to further feedback.

@sstercan I've added a Slack permanent invitation link - feel free to sign up and be first to join the Slack group.

Cheers,
Thaer
Activity: 97
i think masari needs pool and community. please open a slack or discord area for masari.
Activity: 291
RPC port for GPU solo mine?

i was using minerd which is a CPU miner
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
RPC port for GPU solo mine?
@TheKryptonian I will update the announcement thread with a more succinct explanation - in short the project is intended to expand the Altcoin market for Monero since there are no other forks aside from Aeon that help with diversity of research into the technology stack (i.e. rct pruning), which would ultimately feed back into Monero if useful, similar to Bitcoin in many ways (i.e. Segregated Witness from Litecoin).

@megacrypto A colleague of mine is setting up a Masari pool as well so I'll let you know what happens (I'll publish a fork of the pool's source code if there are any issues). It's in UTC because the network is in UTC (epoch timestamps).

As an update, there are now MacOS binaries available!

Cheers,
Thaer
why is the node show the time at UTC time?

Code:
2017-09-09 18:04:02.604 [miner 0]       INFO    global  src/cryptonote_basic/miner.cpp:416      Miner thread was started [0]
2017-09-09 18:04:02.604 [P2P9]  WARN    miner   src/cryptonote_basic/miner.cpp:305      Mining has started with 4 threads, good luck!
2017-09-09 18:04:02.604 [miner 1]       INFO    global  src/cryptonote_basic/miner.cpp:416      Miner thread was started [1]
2017-09-09 18:04:02.604 [miner 2]       INFO    global  src/cryptonote_basic/miner.cpp:416      Miner thread was started [2]
2017-09-09 18:04:02.604 [miner 3]       INFO    global  src/cryptonote_basic/miner.cpp:416      Miner thread was started [3]

my machine's time is at UTC+2 ?! it should show 20:04:xx !
Glad to see a windows wallet release.  I think if you get an original logo and someone releases a pool, this will be a promising project.  But you must be clear about the direction you are going in.  When you say this "started off as a pet project to understand Monero" it makes it sound like you're not serious about developing you own CrytoNote.  Why did you change your mind from pet project to "its own blockchain project"?  What are you planning for this project?

i have been trying to get a pool running using the cryptonote-universal-pool but there seems to be some changes made to MSR that do not conform with the code (i posted the error im getting earlier)

also tried to use minerd to solo mine directly on the node, but also no luck!!

@thaer, maybe if you post the changes that were applied to MSR and also if you start a gitter or some sort of a chat channel, that would help the project a bit!
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Agreed.

There's no value in having a 0% pre-mine if the Dev is mining away whilst everyone else tries to build their linux binaries with zero instructions.

I expect 9/10 people here don't even have a Linux machine set up. The rest of us have only the vaguest idea of how to compile the code from Github.

By the time the Windows Wallet is up, there will effectively be a massive pre-mine already completed.

edit: I've just gotten a hold of a Windows machine - the announcement post, and Github, have been updated accordingly (https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/download/v0.1.0.0/masari-win-x64-v0.1.0.0.zip) . Mac binaries will have to wait until tomorrow.

You'll have to excuse my developer ways, as I personally don't have a Windows or Mac operating system (and is evident by my premature release lacking binaries in order to get it out quickly), and most of my colleagues and people I interact with either have a Mac or Linux distribution - it sadly did not occur to me that this would be a blocker for some people.
I will be getting my hands on both operating systems tomorrow, and this will resolve your concerns.
As a note however, the instructions on Github are extremely clear for multiple platforms and are derived from Monero's codebase, so "zero instructions" is an invalid claim - hope that helps.

P.S the hash rate is currently at ~5 kH/s, equivalent to 50 or so decently performant desktop machines, and is continuing to grow as people are mining/speculating on this coin (with still less than 1% of coin supply being mined).

Thank you for your comments!

Glad to see a windows wallet release.  I think if you get an original logo and someone releases a pool, this will be a promising project.  But you must be clear about the direction you are going in.  When you say this "started off as a pet project to understand Monero" it makes it sound like you're not serious about developing you own CrytoNote.  Why did you change your mind from pet project to "its own blockchain project"?  What are you planning for this project?
Agreed.

There's no value in having a 0% pre-mine if the Dev is mining away whilst everyone else tries to build their linux binaries with zero instructions.

I expect 9/10 people here don't even have a Linux machine set up. The rest of us have only the vaguest idea of how to compile the code from Github.

By the time the Windows Wallet is up, there will effectively be a massive pre-mine already completed.

edit: I've just gotten a hold of a Windows machine - the announcement post, and Github, have been updated accordingly (https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/download/v0.1.0.0/masari-win-x64-v0.1.0.0.zip) . Mac binaries will have to wait until tomorrow.

You'll have to excuse my developer ways, as I personally don't have a Windows or Mac operating system (and is evident by my premature release lacking binaries in order to get it out quickly), and most of my colleagues and people I interact with either have a Mac or Linux distribution - it sadly did not occur to me that this would be a blocker for some people.
I will be getting my hands on both operating systems tomorrow, and this will resolve your concerns.
As a note however, the instructions on Github are extremely clear for multiple platforms and are derived from Monero's codebase, so "zero instructions" is an invalid claim - hope that helps.

P.S the hash rate is currently at ~5 kH/s, equivalent to 50 or so decently performant desktop machines, and is continuing to grow as people are mining/speculating on this coin (with still less than 1% of coin supply being mined).

Thank you for your comments!
if you want to build it on ubuntu 16.04 (thats what im using) here are the steps:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake pkg-config libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libunbound-dev libminiupnpc-dev libunwind8-dev liblzma-dev libldns-dev libexpat1-dev doxygen graphviz

sudo apt-get install libgtest-dev && cd /usr/src/gtest && sudo cmake . && sudo make && sudo mv libg* /usr/lib/

git clone https://github.com/masari-project/masari.git

cd masari

make

to run the node you need to:

Code:
cd build/release/bin/

./masarid

i usually use "screen" to run various nodes so instead of doing the "./masarid" , you do

Code:
screen -S "msrnode" ./masarid

then you run the wallet (same way)

Code:
screen -S "msrwallet" ./masari-wallet-cli

and you create your wallet

... hope that helps a bit

Pages:
Jump to: