Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency - page 83. (Read 85155 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
This project is already tanking..No premine and fair launch, except for the 4k blocks I just solo mined. LOLOL

This type of launch is a dime a dozen these days, projects without wallets, or fully thought through prior to launching. It's amazing that this is still happening..

So much potential and ruined based on devs actions so early on.

Agreed.

There's no value in having a 0% pre-mine if the Dev is mining away whilst everyone else tries to build their linux binaries with zero instructions.

I expect 9/10 people here don't even have a Linux machine set up. The rest of us have only the vaguest idea of how to compile the code from Github.

By the time the Windows Wallet is up, there will effectively be a massive pre-mine already completed.

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
now I'm trying to use minerd from another pc but this is what i get:

Code:
* Rebuilt URL to: http://192.168.1.120:38083/
*   Trying 192.168.1.120...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to 192.168.1.120 (192.168.1.120) port 38083 (#0)
> POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.120:38083
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 178
User-Agent: cpuminer/2.3.3
X-Mining-Extensions: midstate
Expect: 100-continue

* Done waiting for 100-continue
* The requested URL returned error: 404 Not found
* Closing connection 0
[2017-09-09 03:17:23] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not found

if i run from the same machine:

Code:
curl 192.168.1.120:38083/json_rpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"0","method":"getbalance"}' -H 'Content-Type: application/json'

i get:

Code:
{
  "id": "0",
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "result": {
    "balance": 139454649945388,
    "unlocked_balance": 104635455393790
  }

any ideas?
@megacrypto Masari has a static mixin of 12, so your config needs to have that set as well (I see it set to 3). If that doesn't work (which is probably the case, because that config's for payments and not necessarily related to connections), I would speculate that the cryptonote-universal-pool source code is expecting the old version of the blocks (Masari uses Monero's v2 re-versioned as v1). I have yet to look at cryptonote-universal-pool source code so I would need to look deeper to address the issue.

Let me know if that helps!

i think this pool's code was revised for the v2 of Monero (As far as I understood from reading around)

changing the mixin to 12 still gives the same error on the pool.

For all intensive purposes at the current time the protocol is equivalent to the latest version of Monero (one due to hard-fork with next week), with removed legacy code, plus a few changes (i.e. mixin, fee source). I will be changing the logo very soon, but it will still be a green "M" of some sort.

this is what i have changed in the pool's config so far (i put a * next to it):
Code:
"coin": "masari",*
    "symbol": "MSR",*
    "coinUnits": 1000000000000,*
    "coinDifficultyTarget": 120,*
   "payments": {
        "enabled": true,
        "interval": 600,
        "maxAddresses": 50,
        "mixin": 12,*
        "transferFee": 400000000,*
        "minPayment": 1000000000000,*
        "maxTransactionAmount": 0,
        "denomination": 1000000000000*
    },

As this is a Monero fork, you should you a Monero Pool fork. Compile with this and it will be running.

sorry, but i'm not following? this is a Monero pool fork
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
Activity: 134
Merit: 11
For all intensive purposes at the current time the protocol is equivalent to the latest version of Monero (one due to hard-fork with next week), with removed legacy code, plus a few changes (i.e. mixin, fee source). I will be changing the logo very soon, but it will still be a green "M" of some sort.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
So basically, this is a cloned coin for Monero.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Work on having a more active account on Bitcointalk before launching your ann, otherwise it looks ugly.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't just copy Monero's logo and just change the colors.
@megacrypto Masari has a static mixin of 12, so your config needs to have that set as well (I see it set to 3). If that doesn't work (which is probably the case, because that config's for payments and not necessarily related to connections), I would speculate that the cryptonote-universal-pool source code is expecting the old version of the blocks (Masari uses Monero's v2 re-versioned as v1). I have yet to look at cryptonote-universal-pool source code so I would need to look deeper to address the issue.

Let me know if that helps!
i have been trying to run cryptonote-universal-pool but whenever a miner connects i get:

Code:
Error: Failed to parse block
    at BlockTemplate.nextBlob (/home/mylin/Pools/cryptonote-xmr-pool/lib/pool.js:129:23)
    at Miner.getJob (/home/mylin/Pools/cryptonote-xmr-pool/lib/pool.js:308:41)
    at handleMinerMethod (/home/mylin/Pools/cryptonote-xmr-pool/lib/pool.js:510:28)
    at handleMessage (/home/mylin/Pools/cryptonote-xmr-pool/lib/pool.js:645:13)
    at Socket. (/home/mylin/Pools/cryptonote-xmr-pool/lib/pool.js:699:25)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:178:18)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:136:10)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:561:20)

2017-09-08 03:44:20 [master] Pool fork 1 died, spawning replacement worker...

this is the config file I'm using:
Code:
{
    "coin": "masari",
    "symbol": "MSR",
    "coinUnits": 100000000,
    "coinDifficultyTarget": 120,

"logging": {
        "files": {
            "level": "info",
            "directory": "logs",
            "flushInterval": 5
        },
        "console": {
            "level": "info",
            "colors": true
        }
    },

"poolServer": {
        "clusterForks": "auto",
        "poolAddress": "5iLW4hWEt1X6zSpLYqZiWGU7HUmcCWzYgDDSMBGpRX9hV2uaZXqVxBjPKP96hdZJeXYGS7yRVeDa9Gu9XosRRKFE6fSEzxM",
        "blockRefreshInterval": 1000,
        "minerTimeout": 900,
        "ports": [
            {
                "port": 3333,
                "difficulty": 1000,
                "desc": "Low end hardware"
            },
            {
                "port": 5555,
                "difficulty": 2000,
                "desc": "Mid range hardware"
            },
            {
                "port": 7777,
                "difficulty": 10000,
                "desc": "High end hardware"
            },
            {
                "port": 8888,
                "difficulty": 10000,
                "desc": "Hidden port",
                "hidden": true
            }
        ],
        "varDiff": {
            "minDiff": 100,
            "maxDiff": 200000,
            "targetTime": 100,
            "retargetTime": 30,
            "variancePercent": 30,
            "maxJump": 100
        },
        "fixedDiff": {
            "addressSeparator": "."
        },
        "shareTrust": {
            "min": 10,
            "stepDown": 3,
            "threshold": 10,
            "penalty": 30
        },
        "banning": {
            "time": 600,
            "invalidPercent": 25,
            "checkThreshold": 30
        }
    },

"interval": 600,
        "maxAddresses": 50,
        "mixin": 3,
        "transferFee": 5000000000,
        "minPayment": 1000000000000,
        "maxTransactionAmount": 0,
        "denomination": 100000000000
    },

"blockUnlocker": {
        "interval": 30,
        "depth": 60,
        "poolFee": 0,
        "devDonation": 0,
        "coreDevDonation": 0,
        "extraFeaturesDevDonation":0
    },

"api": {
        "hashrateWindow": 600,
        "updateInterval": 30,
        "port": 8117,
        "blocks": 30,
        "payments": 30,
        "ssl": false,
        "sslport": 8119,
        "sslcert": "./certs/cert.pem",
        "sslkey": "./certs/privkey.pem",
        "sslca": "./certs/chain.pem",
        "password": "somepass"
    },

"daemon": {
        "host": "127.0.0.1",
        "port": 38081
    },

"wallet": {
        "port": 38082
    },

"redis": {
        "port": 6379
    },

"monitoring": {
        "daemon": {
            "checkInterval": 60,
            "rpcMethod": "getblockcount"
        },
        "wallet": {
            "checkInterval": 60,
            "rpcMethod": "getbalance"
        }
    },

"charts": {
        "pool": {
            "hashrate": {
                "updateInterval": 60,
                "stepInterval": 1800,
                "maximumPeriod": 86400
            },
            "workers": {
                "updateInterval": 60,
            },
            "difficulty": {
                "updateInterval": 1800,
                "stepInterval": 10800,
                "maximumPeriod": 604800
            },
            "price": {
            },
            "profit": {
            }
        },
        "user": {
            "hashrate": {
                "updateInterval": 180,
            },
                "enabled": true
            }
        }
    }
}
This project is already tanking..No premine and fair launch, except for the 4k blocks I just solo mined. LOLOL

This type of launch is a dime a dozen these days, projects without wallets, or fully thought through prior to launching. It's amazing that this is still happening..

So much potential and ruined based on devs actions so early on.

We'll let time decide Smiley
Activity: 178
Smells very fishy to me Sad
What I'd like to know is if you knew about https://getmonero.org/2017/04/19/an-unofficial-response-to-an-empirical-analysis-of-linkability.html before I made that post above.

If you say you didn't, I'd find that very difficult to believe since you say "Masari started off as a pet project to understand Monero's inner workings, but has turned into its own blockchain project." If you were working on it that deeply, you would have followed Monero activities closely since it, like most cryptos, has frequent code updates. That news would have been almost impossible to miss. It was all over here, redditt, coindesk...pretty much everywhere. It was big news for weeks and people still drag it up.

If you say you did know about it, then you'd know those issues have been fixed for some time, so why the need to make another coin to fix a problem that hasn't existed for the better part of this year?

There are no good answers to that question. It makes the project look either completely uniformed or out to get a fast buck. So does the premine.

I have been interested in Monero back in June, then started playing with the code and whitepapers in July. I'd like to know if the belief difficulty is due to assumed knowledge? Please take a look at the code in its current form, you'll see that it has started late July, has been rebased to use Monero's 0.11.0.0 version, and the main bulk of the additions have been around RingCT and the core tests. This is an artifact of me wanting to see the RingCT's whitepaper in action, and is a big factor why I have re-written core_tests (an easy way to study the code). The spend distribution was peripheral part of the code that I did not delve deep into, and is complex enough that I wanted to postpone further research into it. I figured this problem would be remedied by the increase in ring size limit in the upcoming Monero fork, but did not come across that response by the Monero team. The spend distribution point is also not the sole reason for this fork, and really only boils down to interest in how Monero works.
Is it traded anywhere?
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
What I'd like to know is if you knew about https://getmonero.org/2017/04/19/an-unofficial-response-to-an-empirical-analysis-of-linkability.html before I made that post above.

If you say you didn't, I'd find that very difficult to believe since you say "Masari started off as a pet project to understand Monero's inner workings, but has turned into its own blockchain project." If you were working on it that deeply, you would have followed Monero activities closely since it, like most cryptos, has frequent code updates. That news would have been almost impossible to miss. It was all over here, redditt, coindesk...pretty much everywhere. It was big news for weeks and people still drag it up.

If you say you did know about it, then you'd know those issues have been fixed for some time, so why the need to make another coin to fix a problem that hasn't existed for the better part of this year?

There are no good answers to that question. It makes the project look either completely uniformed or out to get a fast buck. So does the premine.
Activity: 254
Merit: 101
There are no pre-mines
Just put down the correct premine amount here  plz.
The network has started this Saturday, with the source public since then, and only the infrastructure setup being the main bottleneck to announce on here - it is by no means a pre-announcement, as it was never planned to be a released coin.
For example, Litecoin had a few days difference between an announcement on here, and the genesis block.
I understand the fear of scamcoins, and I would agree if it was the case, though there are no pre-mines in the genesis block compared to something like Sumokoin with 10% of the coins and had deliberately with-held the network from the public for almost a month.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you have.

Best,
Thaer

So you mined 4000 blocks without announcing it (you can't call it "public" just because you posted something to your GitHub, no one was looking there except you) but you want to insist this isn't a pre-mine because it wasn't in the genesis block?  Why do you think we care whether the coins were pre-mined from the genesis block vs. pre-mined by ninja mining for 3 days?

I'd love for you to convince me this isn't a  scamcoin, but how do you expect anyone to believe you when you make such a bad argument?  It would almost be better for you to admit you pre-mined 4000 blocks as a pre-mine, but note that if there is 1 block pet minute, then a 3-day pre-mine will be less than 1% within a year.

Hi there,
You are correct on the concern for post-genesis block, and I have already edited my announcement post accordingly. In the worst-case scenario I would have 0.5% of the coins. As an argument, I'll re-iterate that this is not a pre-announcement, was announced when I had the seed nodes and the corresponding website ready, and as a comparison I've stated your argument would then claim that Litecoin is also a scamcoin because it was not pre-announced on Bitcointalk.

Let me know if this clarification is satisfactory.
Activity: 252
The network has started this Saturday, with the source public since then, and only the infrastructure setup being the main bottleneck to announce on here - it is by no means a pre-announcement, as it was never planned to be a released coin.
For example, Litecoin had a few days difference between an announcement on here, and the genesis block.
I understand the fear of scamcoins, and I would agree if it was the case, though there are no pre-mines in the genesis block compared to something like Sumokoin with 10% of the coins and had deliberately with-held the network from the public for almost a month.

Best,
Thaer

So you mined 4000 blocks without announcing it (you can't call it "public" just because you posted something to your GitHub, no one was looking there except you) but you want to insist this isn't a pre-mine because it wasn't in the genesis block?  Why do you think we care whether the coins were pre-mined from the genesis block vs. pre-mined by ninja mining for 3 days?

I'd love for you to convince me this isn't a  scamcoin, but how do you expect anyone to believe you when you make such a bad argument?  It would almost be better for you to admit you pre-mined 4000 blocks as a pre-mine, but note that if there is 1 block pet minute, then a 3-day pre-mine will be less than 1% within a year.

edit: just saw it's a 2-minute blocktime, so the number would be 2% in a year, but then less than 1% in two years and even smaller after that.  This is quite small compared to most pre-mines, and if you commit to use it for bounties and development, this could be quite successful.  But when you insist there's no pre-mine, you sound like a scammer.
Activity: 31
First block mined GMT: Saturday, 2 September 2017 г., 21:20:46
how much premine?
For example, Litecoin had a few days difference between an announcement on here, and the genesis block. (edit: this claim about Litecoin was incorrect)

Best,
Thaer
Activity: 88
They are a quite authentic option for reliable transfers in cryptocurrency world.Thankfully its plunge will be a salutary caution to most folks.
Pages:
Jump to: