Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise - page 67. (Read 65375 times)

Activity: 670
Merit: 130
my cards are AMD as well. If the software wont be ready till launch date then its not a fair start for everyone, meaning AMD miners are excluded.
Maybe delay the launch since all software have been implemented or start with CPU mining only (somehow) till we get there?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
How do you think? When are crypto projects going to fly to the moon?
copper member
Activity: 212
Merit: 153
From what I was told today from dev working on this, AMD may not be done in time for launch. Just to be on the safe side I am trying to get confirmation that Nvidia will be there at launch. I agree with you guys that it would definitely be desirable to have both major GPU brands supported at the start and will convey that to the team.

Well, that's particularly disappointing. My video cards are AMD. Undecided

Not quite sure I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying AMD probably won't be done in time for launch and you're trying to get confirmation that Nvidia will be ready for launch? Does this mean it's possible neither AMD nor Nvidia will be available at launch and it will be CPU only?

I got confirmation that Nvidia will be available by launch. AMD support apparently would require a mining software developer from the community, but we are already talking with some and will try to provide them the information they need to add support for x16rt. Multiple people in community and team have voiced the desire for AMD by launch, and we're currently discussing the best way to make sure we have as fair a launch as possible. We'll likely be announcing some info within the next 24 hours related to this.
Activity: 38
For a fair start, there should be miners available for the main OS's and both AMD and Nvidia.

If conditions for a fair start can not be met, it's preferable to postpone

Fully agree with this. The launch has already been delayed once, so clearly the team is committed to a smooth start to the project.

If the team has been diligently working since August, what's another few weeks to ensure a fair distribution upon launch?  Huh

The team appears to be interested in allowing both AMD and Nvidia miners:

https://i.imgur.com/uONge8g.png

Anyone with NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards will be able to solo mine or pool mine Veil without concerns about ASICs and mining centralization.

Ensuring this statement holds true from the start would be ideal.
From what I was told today from dev working on this, AMD may not be done in time for launch. Just to be on the safe side I am trying to get confirmation that Nvidia will be there at launch. I agree with you guys that it would definitely be desirable to have both major GPU brands supported at the start and will convey that to the team.

Well, that's particularly disappointing. My video cards are AMD. Undecided

Not quite sure I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying AMD probably won't be done in time for launch and you're trying to get confirmation that Nvidia will be ready for launch? Does this mean it's possible neither AMD nor Nvidia will be available at launch and it will be CPU only?
Activity: 29
Very good project. Wonderful topic. I will watch!
copper member
It would be nice to get some details on the x16rt miner so we have time to test it before launch on Saturday. Especially considering this is a new algo and may require tweaks to our clock speeds and voltages. When do you expect to release this info?

At the current rate I think the devs may be releasing the mining software close to or on launch date. A dev told me that he expects the source code to be ready tomorrow Wednesday or Thursday for sharing with mining pools so that we can reach out and try to get X16RT supported on more pools.

For a fair start, there should be miners available for the main OS's and both AMD and Nvidia.

I was told today that Nvidia is being worked on and will probably be available at launch, but they aren't sure about AMD. I agree with you about the desirability of being available on the main operating systems Linux and Windows and both AMD and Nvidia, and will forward the team your suggestion.

It will take some time, the idea will fill its niche around the world. This project decided to settle in the modern unexplored market. We can count on growth in the near future.

everyone is trying hard to attain something in this bearish market and hoping that someday everything goes back to golden days of crypto. i hope this project has been in continuous development...

This project has been in continuous development since late August, 2018. The cryptocurrency/blockchain industry is still very young and it is only a matter of time before the bear market ends Smiley.

Several pools will be available initially, though these are not all official (i.e. run by Veil). You can find info on hosts through this thread or on Discord about other pools.

What pools will those be?  I've gone through the Discord and it's never said.  Someone even asked what other pools besides supernova and it was not answered.  I've heard through the rumor mill that supernova was promised to be the only pool at launch.  If that's the case, be upfront and let everyone know you support a centralized network, otherwise release the code so other pools can join in at launch..

There are two other pools we're involved in setting up that we'll give info on soon (via Discord and social media). Otherwise additional pools will be community-run. I can't give a number on these though at this point, but some hosts of these have initiated contact through Discord if you want to chase them up.

in Discord someone stated that mining with AMD cards will not be possible in the beginning. is this statement true? Main Net launch will start with only nvidia GPUs ?

The three official mining pools will be Suprnova, a mining pool hosted by an acquaintance by Veil advisor Marsmensch, and another mining pool hosted by an acquaintance of a Veil developer. When the devs let us know what the other two pools are called I will share the information here.

I am also waiting on source code required for mining pools to integrated X16RT to become available, which may happen Wednesday or Thursday, and then I will be reaching out to various mining pools and try to coordinate integration.

If anyone would like to see our current list of mining pools to contact and/or add to the list please see here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rM8nTcNzINf7uywo-JaCHIrVc8Yeb49GRmJ8hPg9P6M/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 670
Merit: 130

Several pools will be available initially, though these are not all official (i.e. run by Veil). You can find info on hosts through this thread or on Discord about other pools.

What pools will those be?  I've gone through the Discord and it's never said.  Someone even asked what other pools besides supernova and it was not answered.  I've heard through the rumor mill that supernova was promised to be the only pool at launch.  If that's the case, be upfront and let everyone know you support a centralized network, otherwise release the code so other pools can join in at launch..

There are two other pools we're involved in setting up that we'll give info on soon (via Discord and social media). Otherwise additional pools will be community-run. I can't give a number on these though at this point, but some hosts of these have initiated contact through Discord if you want to chase them up.

in Discord someone stated that mining with AMD cards will not be possible in the beginning. is this statement true? Main Net launch will start with only nvidia GPUs ?
Activity: 27

What pools will those be?  I've gone through the Discord and it's never said.  Someone even asked what other pools besides supernova and it was not answered.  I've heard through the rumor mill that supernova was promised to be the only pool at launch.  If that's the case, be upfront and let everyone know you support a centralized network, otherwise release the code so other pools can join in at launch..

Activity: 2

What pools will those be?  I've gone through the Discord and it's never said.  Someone even asked what other pools besides supernova and it was not answered.  I've heard through the rumor mill that supernova was promised to be the only pool at launch.  If that's the case, be upfront and let everyone know you support a centralized network, otherwise release the code so other pools can join in at launch.

50% is still too high for the dev fund (call it what you will, it's funding development).
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
It will take some time, the idea will fill its niche around the world. This project decided to settle in the modern unexplored market. We can count on growth in the near future.

everyone is trying hard to attain something in this bearish market and hoping that someday everything goes back to golden days of crypto. i hope this project has been in continuous development...
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

It would be nice to get some details on the x16rt miner so we have time to test it before launch on Saturday. Especially considering this is a new algo and may require tweaks to our clock speeds and voltages. When do you expect to release this info?
Activity: 28
Activity: 35
How do you think your project can take root in everyday life?
copper member
A promised single pool launch (100% of the hash on a single pool...no bueno) and 50% of the rewards to "fund" the dev team seems like a disaster coin waiting to happen.  Miners need a reason to mine and 25% of the reward, with the current prices, isn't very motivating.  There's many very successful projects that run just fine without a 50% dev fee.  There's also many that fail with a much higher dev fee.  A high dev fund doesn't substitute for a properly ran project.

Sorry to see you feel this way. Allow me to address your concerns anyhow:

Why 25% of the reward to miners? If you're assuming it's 25%/25% to miners/stakers that's inaccurate, as mining is greatly favoured during the hybrid phase. 50% of the reward does not go to the dev team. That 50% is split between R&D, reimbursing the initial project development and launch costs (as there was no ico and will be no premine), funding bounties, getting on exchanges, and finally team and operational costs. You're right there are plenty of projects running without that 50%, but those have had icos, premines, or started with blue ocean advantages. As we see it, there is absolutely no point giving more to miners (they already get the lion's share) of rewards if said rewards have no hope of gaining in value.

I agree that many projects run fine with lower budget and that some projects fail despite having high budget. But the benefit of having higher budget is that if the funds are used properly, it would allow us to grow much faster than without the funds readily available.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
Interested in any information? Forum activity has become less! How is the project?

Ha there will be a mad rush of questions on 15 December as everyone tries to be ready for the absolute first block of mining Wink

Hopefully with the X16rt algo there won't be any issues with mining. But looks like everything is gearing up for launch.
Activity: 27
A promised single pool launch (100% of the hash on a single pool...no bueno) and 50% of the rewards to "fund" the dev team seems like a disaster coin waiting to happen.  Miners need a reason to mine and 25% of the reward, with the current prices, isn't very motivating.  There's many very successful projects that run just fine without a 50% dev fee.  There's also many that fail with a much higher dev fee.  A high dev fund doesn't substitute for a properly ran project.

Sorry to see you feel this way. Allow me to address your concerns anyhow:

Why 25% of the reward to miners? If you're assuming it's 25%/25% to miners/stakers that's inaccurate, as mining is greatly favoured during the hybrid phase. 50% of the reward does not go to the dev team. That 50% is split between R&D, reimbursing the initial project development and launch costs (as there was no ico and will be no premine), funding bounties, getting on exchanges, and finally team and operational costs. You're right there are plenty of projects running without that 50%, but those have had icos, premines, or started with blue ocean advantages. As we see it, there is absolutely no point giving more to miners (they already get the lion's share) of rewards if said rewards have no hope of gaining in value.
Activity: 2
A promised single pool launch (100% of the hash on a single pool...no bueno) and 50% of the rewards to "fund" the dev team seems like a disaster coin waiting to happen.  Miners need a reason to mine and 25% of the reward, with the current prices, isn't very motivating.  There's many very successful projects that run just fine without a 50% dev fee.  There's also many that fail with a much higher dev fee.  A high dev fund doesn't substitute for a properly ran project.
copper member
Interested in any information? Forum activity has become less! How is the project?

The project is doing great and we're very busy getting everything ready for launch Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: