Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise - page 68. (Read 65375 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 1
Interested in any information? Forum activity has become less! How is the project?
copper member
Activity: 135
Merit: 0
thanks and what miner to use mine X16RT with nvidia?
You will need a custom miner for X16RT which we will be providing at a later date.

As for the best GPU to use, we are still awaiting more details from the developers regarding that so we can't say for sure just yet. It's a new algorithm, after all. Once we know more we will disseminate the information to everyone.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
Thank you everyone for the kind words and support!

what algo?
We will will be using X16RT, Veil's modified version of X16R. You can read more about this algorithm in our press release: Veil Project to Launch New X16RT Mining Algorithm for 'Fair' Coin Distribution.

thanks and what miner to use mine X16RT with nvidia?
copper member
Thank you everyone for the kind words and support!

what algo?
We will will be using X16RT, Veil's modified version of X16R. You can read more about this algorithm in our press release: Veil Project to Launch New X16RT Mining Algorithm for 'Fair' Coin Distribution.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
what algo?
Activity: 35
I think in your field your project will be one of the most worthy. The project to take its place all the necessary. Whenever a cryptocurrency will be used everywhere. It is only a matter of time.
Activity: 28
Good luck! Good thing you are! Projects created using distributed registry technologies will be in great demand in the near future.
copper member
Activity: 212
Merit: 153
Hey everyone. We know many of you are anxiously waiting for the bounty program to start, so we'd like to give you an update.

We had initially wanted to launch earlier in anticipation of the paper wallet generator being ready by then. Unfortunately we have some more technical work needed for it to be ready, and being so close to mainnet launch, we will most likely be aligning the bounty program launch to be around/soon after mainnet launch so that we can skip using the paper wallet generator for generating receiving addresses, and just rely on the Veil wallet app. Using the app instead would mean less steps to generate receiving addresses and removes the need to import private keys to the wallet.

Apart from that, we have much of the bounty program already laid out and ready, so once we can announce a Veil app release date, expect the bounty program to follow soon after.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and hope for your understanding and continued support.
Activity: 2
Will the mining be avaiable to hive os or Will be Windows only?

Mining will be available for all OS's...
not sure about hive OS, but we will see once the project launched.

Which mining software do you recommend? Are you going to have detailed instructions on how to set up the mining process? This will be my first mine and I would like to get some advice. Thanks in advance!

We will have detailed instructions up for solo mining/mining pools. If u subscribe to our newsletter you will receive notice asap when the guides are available. https://mailchi.mp/protonmail/veil-news

Thank you! Keep up the good work. 10 day left, very excited!
Activity: 27
To add to what Veilgets has already said, we hope to have some info on performance for various GPUs available in the not too distant future also. We'll do all we can to make the mining process as accessible to people as can be.
Activity: 50
Merit: 2

Which mining software do you recommend? Are you going to have detailed instructions on how to set up the mining process? This will be my first mine and I would like to get some advice. Thanks in advance!

We will have detailed instructions up for solo mining/mining pools. If u subscribe to our newsletter you will receive notice asap when the guides are available. https://mailchi.mp/protonmail/veil-news
Activity: 2

Activity: 616
Merit: 167
Launching will be here in 2 weeks, right? I hope everything goes perfectly well.

Yea 8 december. Suprnova pool already has a site lined up ready to go!

So can get everything set up ready for the first block Wink
Hey TheHas. I love the excitement!

A small correction, though: The mainnent launch has been pushed to December 15, 2018. The developers need a bit more time to make some extra security implementations and perform additional testing. We are making sure that everything is in top working condition at launch.

Ah I see, I should pay more attention to updates! Well I should still be ready for 15 December! You only get to launch once so would rather see it done right.
copper member
Launching will be here in 2 weeks, right? I hope everything goes perfectly well.

Hey TheHas. I love the excitement!

A small correction, though: The mainnent launch has been pushed to December 15, 2018. The developers need a bit more time to make some extra security implementations and perform additional testing. We are making sure that everything is in top working condition at launch.

Activity: 758
Merit: 250
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
Your coin will evolve. Whether an extensive bounty company is planned or is there a bonus program in general?

Hey, yx67. Yes, we absolutely will have a bounty program. It is currently being designed and waiting on a few development/design items to be completed.

Our goal is to run a bounty program for at least 3 months trial period, and if it works out well for the project, we would love to continue it for a total of 1 year.

We may also have continual budget emission which we can use for year 2+ to incentivize the community to promote and improve Veil. If we do that, we may change the name to something more suitable than Bounty Program as they usually don't run that long.

Awesome. Given the time of year it is probably best to hold off on the bounty program until the new year?

Alot of people, myself included, won't be browsing forums that much during the holiday season.

I believe we'll launch the bounty program asap, seeing as it will be long running + split rewards based on participants rather than having a limited number of participant slots I don't think it matters a lot at what date we start it.
Your coin will evolve. Whether an extensive bounty company is planned or is there a bonus program in general?

Hey, yx67. Yes, we absolutely will have a bounty program. It is currently being designed and waiting on a few development/design items to be completed.

Our goal is to run a bounty program for at least 3 months trial period, and if it works out well for the project, we would love to continue it for a total of 1 year.

We may also have continual budget emission which we can use for year 2+ to incentivize the community to promote and improve Veil. If we do that, we may change the name to something more suitable than Bounty Program as they usually don't run that long.

Awesome. Given the time of year it is probably best to hold off on the bounty program until the new year?

Alot of people, myself included, won't be browsing forums that much during the holiday season.
copper member
Activity: 212
Merit: 153

Activity: 21
Do you have plans to join a staking pool, to help the small guys to stake their coins? For example StakeUnited?

Hey Cryptopathic. We haven't considered it, but do you think it could be helpful?

My understanding is that anyone with any amount of Veil should be able to stake on a modest mini PC (~4GB RAM), so it should be easy for most people to stake. There won't be any real advantage by pooling together to stake, other than more regular payouts, as you can stake with even just 10 Veil.
Well, you hit the point basically, and that's more regular payouts. With enough pool weight you can achieve a much better compound effect compared to staking on your own with 10 Veil or any other small amount.

Do you have plans to join a staking pool, to help the small guys to stake their coins? For example StakeUnited?

Hey Cryptopathic. We haven't considered it, but do you think it could be helpful?

My understanding is that anyone with any amount of Veil should be able to stake on a modest mini PC (~4GB RAM), so it should be easy for most people to stake. There won't be any real advantage by pooling together to stake, other than more regular payouts, as you can stake with even just 10 Veil.

Not to mention stake pools centralize the network + have you give up control of your funds. Even once we have delegated staking, best practice is still to avoid staking pools and run your own node instead, as pools will still centralize the network regardless.
Although I agree on the centralization + custody issue, there will always be a balance between benefit/convenience and risk. Even though I consider myself very technically proficient, the staking pools I personally trust (hence my mention of StakeUnited and no other pool) are very convenient as I avoid running/maintaining/updating 20-30 different wallets on a more or less dedicated PC for staking. Of course I do have a wallet/staking device for my larger holdings, but for small amounts it just don't make any sense.
Pages:
Jump to: