Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise - page 69. (Read 65375 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Will the mining be avaiable to hive os or Will be Windows only?

Mining will be available for all OS's...
not sure about hive OS, but we will see once the project launched.
Activity: 616
Merit: 101
Your coin will evolve. Whether an extensive bounty company is planned or is there a bonus program in general?
Activity: 95
Will the mining be avaiable to hive os or Will be Windows only?
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
So, your project looks very reliable and high quality. I think most people will want to join you. I like the idea.
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
updated website is live!

https://veil-project.com
Very nice indeed, All the info is there to see.

glad you like it Smiley we'll have some more updates soon regarding mining/bounties etc.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003
updated website is live!

Very nice indeed, All the info is there to see.
updated website is live!

Do you have plans to join a staking pool, to help the small guys to stake their coins? For example StakeUnited?

Hey Cryptopathic. We haven't considered it, but do you think it could be helpful?

My understanding is that anyone with any amount of Veil should be able to stake on a modest mini PC (~4GB RAM), so it should be easy for most people to stake. There won't be any real advantage by pooling together to stake, other than more regular payouts, as you can stake with even just 10 Veil.

Not to mention stake pools centralize the network + have you give up control of your funds. Even once we have delegated staking, best practice is still to avoid staking pools and run your own node instead, as pools will still centralize the network regardless.
copper member
Activity: 212
Merit: 153
Do you have plans to join a staking pool, to help the small guys to stake their coins? For example StakeUnited?

Hey Cryptopathic. We haven't considered it, but do you think it could be helpful?

My understanding is that anyone with any amount of Veil should be able to stake on a modest mini PC (~4GB RAM), so it should be easy for most people to stake. There won't be any real advantage by pooling together to stake, other than more regular payouts, as you can stake with even just 10 Veil.
Activity: 21
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
cant wait for Dec 15.  Grin
Activity: 231
Merit: 1
Looks good, I'll probably point a rig at you on december 15th if I don't forget by then. Smiley
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

As anyone tested X16r algo in an old Radeon 280x ??

copper member
We won't know for sure until we test cards on our custom mining software, but the performance difference between cards shouldn't be that far off from what you see in general x16r mining software (maybe exceptions for some mining software on specific models).

Cryptographic_pro is correct that generally Nvidia cards are a bit more efficient, but after factoring the lower cost of AMD cards, both brands should be good options for mining x16rt. The new 2070, 2080, and (to a lesser extent) 2080 Ti have particularly good performance/watt, but they are also rare as unicorns and expensive at this time.

Our plan is to reach out to hash renting companies after our new custom mining software is ready, so that people without graphics cards or low electricity rates can have access to mining as well. No promises though as such services have to be willing to add the new algorithm.
Activity: 6
Anibody know what GPU perform better on this algo?
NVIDIA or AMD? Thanks people.

Regarding the experiences with the x16r algo, which is the base of the custom x16rt, I would assume NVIDIA cards would perform slightly better...
Activity: 27

Good question. We hope to have more information on mining together and ready to share soon, so please keep your eyes peeled.
Activity: 95
copper member
Due to a security vulnerability recently discovered by our developers, the planned date for Veil Mainnet launch will be pushed back from December 8th to December 15th to ensure we have adequate time to address the problem and continue testing remaining code. This vulnerability also exists in open source code used by other projects, so we cannot disclose details until they are informed and given time to implement the fix.

As much as we would like to meet our originally planned launch date, we will sometimes have to delay so that major issues can be addressed. We thank you for your patience and understanding!
copper member
Activity: 135
Sincerely,
Aiodex Team
Hello C. Huddleston, thanks for the information! We will look into this. Smiley
Activity: 28
Pages:
Jump to: