Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PXC] Phoenixcoin v0.6.6.2 ~ NeoScrypt Original ~ 8 Years Old - page 58. (Read 135966 times)

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Phoenixcoin v0.6.5.2 Released

This v0.6.5.2 is an important update over the previous release. The Coin Control has been implemented which enables user control over unspent outputs (disabled by default; may be activated at "Settings->Options->Display->Enable the Coin Control (for experienced users only)").

Transaction fee schedule has been modified. Most transactions are free if they are less than 2000 bytes in size, have enough coin age and don't get caught by the dust spam filter (any output < 0.01 PXC). A regular transaction (1 input, 1 output) is 192 bytes. The minimal transaction fee is unchanged at 0.1 PXC for those transactions which require a fee.

Another important improvement is a soft fork at block #270000 which enables a better protection against time travel attacks and the block limiter against hostile coin hoppers (no more than 6 blocks per 2 minutes can be accepted). There are also a few important security fixes.

This is the 1st time we offer an official client for MacOS X (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions supported, 10.5+). A 32-bit Linux build (i386) is also available in addition to the 64-bit one (amd64). As usual, 32-bit and 64-bit Windows builds.
legendary
PXC has been listed on the AllCrypt exchange today.

PXC/BTC
PXC/LTC
PXC/DOGE
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
We have added Phoenixcoin on http://www.crabcoins.com check it out!
legendary
Nice changes...

Now all we need is gravity-well diff-adjusting, and this will become a strong player again. (Still gets hammered by hoppers who tap-out value.)

Join the dark side of the fire!

Our difficulty adjustment is fine, no big problems with coin hoppers. Kimoto's gravity well isn't as good as the popular belief says. There are problems with dumpers and merchants not willing to work with small altcoins, but that's a different matter.

We are working on PXC still, v0.6.5.2 is expected in a few days with the Coin Control implemented and a few security updates.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Nice changes...

Now all we need is gravity-well diff-adjusting, and this will become a strong player again. (Still gets hammered by hoppers who tap-out value.)

Join the dark side of the fire!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
You can exchange PhoenixCoins for Gold, Platinum, Silver, and Palladium @ MintageMasterMind.com Check it out!
legendary
Phoenixcoin v0.6.5.1 Released

Although this v0.6.5.1 release isn't a major one, there have been many various improvements made. You a get a better wallet interface, working DNS seed nodes, new RPC commands and options, minor performance and security improvements. Many wallet translations have been de-uglified, though there is a lot of work to do still.

The built-in mining interface for pooled mining has been enhanced with the Stratum support. It relies upon Pooler's CPUminer, so the performance is very good. Those of you who still mine PXC with processors now can do that straight from the wallet. Our pre-compiled wallet binaries for Windows come bundled with the latest CPUminer for users' convenience.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
By the way, a native 64-bit Windows build with an integrated Qt v4.8.5 is available now.
legendary
The new data directory sucks...  move it back please.

If it sucks for you, change one line of the code and compile the client for yourself or use -datadir to point anywhere you like. Most users like the new location.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
The new data directory sucks...  move it back please.
Activity: 364
https://pxc.nut2pools.com is on the latest version too!

Good to go. Smiley
legendary
Where is the wallet.dat file located?
I'm looking in Users\Username\AppData\Roaming but I can't find any PXC directory there?

In the data subdirectory of where you have installed Phoenixcoin. README.txt explains it well.
Activity: 332
Where is the wallet.dat file located?
I'm looking in Users\Username\AppData\Roaming but I can't find any PXC directory there?
legendary
For those interested...
We've Reopened our pool with the new client v0.6.5.0 and upgraded the pool to use Vardiff Stratum

http://pxc.minepool.net/

Good to see you around again. Added links to your pool on the site and forum.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
For those interested...
We've Reopened our pool with the new client v0.6.5.0 and upgraded the pool to use Vardiff Stratum

http://pxc.minepool.net/
legendary
Phoenixcoin P2Pool

There are many P2Pool nodes either set up and maintained by me or other community members. P2Pool is a secure decentralised anonymous pooled mining solution with no registration required. Use your wallet address for all your workers. The password can be any or none. Both GetWork and Stratum are supported. Payouts are sent automatically once a block is found.

My nodes operate with a 0% fee, 1% donation towards the development, 2% block finder's reward bonus.

atlas.phoenixcoin.org (Ashburn, VA, the USA)
sigma.phoenixcoin.org (Los Angeles, CA, the USA)
prometheus.phoenixcoin.org (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
nitro.phoenixcoin.org (Sofia, Bulgaria)

Please don't use an exchange address while mining. P2Pool doesn't use regular transactions for payouts. Everything gets into the coin base and most exchanges ignore it.

Configuration example for CPUminer:

Code:
minerd -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://atlas.phoenixcoin.org:10554 -u
-p x

is your PXC address

All blocks found by our P2Pool network can be found at PtoPXC8MmB5VwfHFNhVTynATLSHLzq5MgF

If you're interested in setting up a P2Pool node, the source code is on GitHub: ghostlander/p2pool-neoscrypt

Enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Hey Ghost,

http://phoenixcoin.org

The link to the PhoenixCoin block-explorer seems to link to a .com domain while the block-explorer is on a .org domain.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Thanks!

Keep up the good work  Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Good on you for picking up the pieces...I'll give it a whirl  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: