Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] *PXL COIN* Mandatory Client Update / now supports Kimoto Gravity Well! - page 25. (Read 67786 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Perhaps it would be better to buy at this stage? But it should't be this difficult so early on, that might kill the coin.

The problem is that it takes way too long to readjust. It needs to be updated to have a much more dynamic difficulty adjustment. The coin idea truly is awesome, but it really needs to be updated. Other new alts like DGB, NOBL, USDe, etc all have changing difficulties, so if demand or price drops, you at least mine more coin to make up for it. That's not happening here.

I'm not saying all of the coins should be mined away super quickly, but almost trying to predetermine what each PXL should be worth at it's infancy is no good. The market needs to decide that.

We have talked about this many times. We are taking a long term approach here with mining difficulty. Palm and I have experience working with Diamond and PHS. Both coins retarget every block and have 60/120 second block times.

The problem with this is that the mining difficulty can go from 3 to 70 within hours; multipools jump on it when difficulty is low and abandon it when it is high. This is something we wanted to avoid. We didn't want people to have go get up at 3am when the difficulty drops to mine our coin. A lot of our customers on PXLcoin.com will be new to crypto and we want mining to be stable for them and without the wild swings of other coins.

When we launched the coin we didn't expect the initial surge of mining we got. We knew difficultly would hit 4 but we figured we would be there for longer than 2 weeks. Unfortunately we were at 4 for 2 days and that caused the difficulty to jump to 16.

Now we are "stuck" at 16 and on paper it seems mining is not profitable. Now that we are listed on an exchange we are expecting a price boost which will make mining more attractive. We are also launching in china soon and we hope to get a mining boost there.

The last thing we want to do right now is to perform a knee jerk reaction and try to fork mid difficulty. Personally I am fine with where we are now. This is only temporary and in a few weeks we will get through this block and difficulty will drop and all will be well again.

That being said we are not ruling anything out. If mining hashrates get to a critically low level we will address it. But right now are are sticking to our plan and not going to panic because miners want easy access to coins.

So in short: we know the difficulty is high, and we are watching it.  However we have a long term plan that we are sticking to right now. I know traders and miners want fast blocks but our #1 priority is our advertisers. Ultimately their buying demand will raise the value of PXL and for demand to rise we need them to have access to coins (an exchange) and access to stable mining.
Activity: 126
quote]

edit PS perhaps technical discussions/suggestions/commentary should take place in another thread/forum or IRC in the future?

quote]

This would be very nice. Couple of pleces for the comunity. Good idea.

Kiss
Activity: 168
Pixelcoin PXL is now live and ready for trading

We are proud to announce pxlcoin is now listed on http://www.atomic-trade.com!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Guys mining post your PXL addresses and I will send you some coin!

1KZo7Zffo2wJJqaF46gqTxK5XA3kQB6opr
thanks
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
Pxlcoin PXL is now live and ready for trading
Activity: 224
Guys mining post your PXL addresses and I will send you some coin!

1Gs2Dyyo6U39YJdHT7d191w1qSpGm4LUKb

thanks a lot. I mined five last night Grin
done testing PXL will be live and open for trading in a few minutes
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Perhaps it would be better to buy at this stage? But it should't be this difficult so early on, that might kill the coin.

The problem is that it takes way too long to readjust. It needs to be updated to have a much more dynamic difficulty adjustment. The coin idea truly is awesome, but it really needs to be updated. Other new alts like DGB, NOBL, USDe, etc all have changing difficulties, so if demand or price drops, you at least mine more coin to make up for it. That's not happening here.

I'm not saying all of the coins should be mined away super quickly, but almost trying to predetermine what each PXL should be worth at it's infancy is no good. The market needs to decide that.

This is what's called price discovery.

The targets they wanted to set for a longer period of time, for long term , low chain bloat, the coin is just for a fair distribution of the PXLS, not a premine or pump and dump like most, please remember they are backed by the webpage and have a utility(as well as being a crypto). That said I already have pms wanting the block timing at ~30 seconds and 1 block re-targets, not to mention mining predators wanting the dif forked lower with 100mh+ just waiting for 'easy' coins.   Tongue I understand from a traders perspective 30 seconds I guess is life or death, and I have been there. Please send your recommendations to Trip (I will as well), but also keep in mind there are target PXL-per day long term goals as well.

edit PS perhaps technical discussions/suggestions/commentary should take place in another thread/forum or IRC in the future?
Activity: 57
WTB $15 USD worth send me your offers I can send thru paypal
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

i need some pxl to test with 166hMGAwXf4XG6awbeewj8N3Ro3NZntX4M
Activity: 140
1NSwym9eEi21YQezoyPSZLdQFf9uYpD5nY

Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 238
Why is this so hard to mine? I'm on 250kb/s yet only getting 4 coins per 12 hours. The coin is only a week old.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I have been mining with my 700kh/s rig since it was released I'm not real worried about the difficulty I plan to be in this for the long haul and I really happy with the way the dev's are taking care of the coin as far as their marketing strategys go (ie not advertising until it can be purchased securely) I'm also very happy with the way they are handling the high difficulty (giving a 5pxl bonus to each block finder) I see big things in the future with this coin! It may not be the most profitable thing to mine right now but I see real value in PXL when it starts making exchanges and begins to be traded and marketed! Keep up the good work dev's this is the most active I've seen any dev's with their project here. I've on been here a month granted but I've mined about 10 coins so far and this has the best potential to be something big IMO!!!

We have the same hashrate yet u found 2 blocks in a row....ur making me jealous.

Also, almost 3 hours without a found block Sad
Lol I just noticed I found 2 back to back too !!!

1DqADEeaMGSrU6axVG3WwkiemTDWtYuEwa

Thanks!!!
Activity: 140
thanks! my low hash rate has not been doing much unfortunately

1e89JMuy8NbmnPVzG2djui4jM3YX8GxCa
Activity: 31
Just started mining this one, seems interesting!

A boost would be nice!

1JzzUErJLmg1iPo4xSwW3oWEitF9VJDnrM
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
1G5fvCF2rHAD2aYstKRidigKoxGw7vvDju
Activity: 14
1BhpPuTZLKBKZA6XQg8zA7adGqaoydrTQ6
Activity: 126
Hey Tripmode,

I don't know your plans for the retarget, but it's too long.

Cat, RPC and ETOK had alot of problems because of it. First two made some changes, the third one failed due to the incompetence of the dev. Please consider forking before an exchange.

My 2's..

Kiss

p.s. Great job!
Activity: 14
thanks!

1PZ63yNhA66zYVgFW61KprbAshB4KN32VW
Pages:
Jump to: