Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 106. (Read 748232 times)

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
rlh hopefully Jame's and his team get on board the Qora AE.

Yes, I avoided dropping the James/JL777 bomb because the dude is a friggin machine.  Having him support a coin can cause a pump in, and of, itself.

I'd hold off on hyping that, though, until he confirms that he's working on a project that is directly using QORA.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
rlh hopefully Jame's and his team get on board the Qora AE.

I have asked him previously and he said that it was always his vision to have his NXTservices on multiple AE platforms.

Once we have more and more dev making new assets and features i think then Qora will really take off. I just wonder why there has been a slump in NXT in the last few weeks, maybe people cashing out to invest in IPOs and stuff?

Regardless i think there is a lot of momentum that is building behind Qora and if the AE is launched and there are no issues it can only go up.

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
We''ve seen a good creep in QORA price over the past 24 hours.  Whales who wanted to dump have seemed to have lost some steam, and hopefully that trend can continue for a while.  Polo is also increasing, but at a slower pace.  If you have BTC over there, looks like now is a good time to pick up some cheap QORA, even if you want to make a quick profit at 3-4 sats above your purchase price.

I've noticed a little QORA buzz on the Nxt forum, and that may have something to do with this spike.  This is good.  We all should have diverse portfolios (you do, right... Right?) so having another community discuss working with QORA is good for distribution and awareness.

I know that some complain about some of us being Nxt supporters, first, and QORA supporters second.  In my case, that couldn't be anything further from the truth.  I've been coin-agnostic since early 2011 and I support the innovative communities that build good coins and surrounding services.  QORA is second for me only because the community is to weak AND we need to expand the development-base (with third party apps and with internal developers.). This isn't a complaint, though.  QORA is far newer and I respect Qora's decision to lay low while he develops new features.

Under this current environment, he should feel free to develop, as he can, the new features he initially intended to integrate, and know that a small user base is testing the additions.  The good news is that if exploits or bugs are found today, subsequent crashes in prices should be minimal and easier to correct when the software is patched.  In other words, Qora has a bit of wiggle-room on the off chance that a new update is slightly broken.  Even Bitcoin needed that (research negative transactions) and they fixed those bugs long before I was even around.

TL;DR-  Go Qora and continue to HODL!!1!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
I will have a dice game and wheel game in the next few days too :-)

Thinking out loud but if the dev can pull this off, I will list this website on the new Qora AE and do a comp to give away some of the asset for free to promote Qora.

We will issue an asset for our game company too. Most likely it'll be representing much larger percent than Nxt asset.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
wow, 25sat, we will to da moon ?
legendary
I will have a dice game and wheel game in the next few days too :-)

Thinking out loud but if the dev can pull this off, I will list this website on the new Qora AE and do a comp to give away some of the asset for free to promote Qora.
Activity: 16
Looks like Qora is on fire. I bought in just in time. Time to go back at 100 satoshi.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
In time people will understand that Qora is far better than NXT.

Now is the chance for all to invest and support Qora.

I think of Qora as being similar to Nxt's Litecoin. If next gen coins like Nxt take off and features like asset exchanges become mainstream then Qora will ultimately be dragged along for the ride. The comparision is relevant because Litecoin actually had far greater gains percentage-wise than Bitcoin during the most recent spike. Qora is tiny relative to Nxt and a considerably riskier investment. And Nxt is even more tiny relative to Bitcoin but it is precisely because of this reason that there is also much bigger potential for growth. Smiley

Its not a good comparison because Litecoin is a straight clone of Bitcoin.

Qora is a completely new code based on no other coin. It's not just a coin but a system, it deserves not to be in the shadow of NXT and now it's has some functions that NXT doesn't if you want to compare them in terms of function it's wouldn't be unfair to put it above NXT. Best not to compare them at all. NXT was NOT first to market, bitcoin was. NXT isn't as innovative as people give it credit, it just brought together a bunch of stuff. So has Qora, the question is who has done it best? Time will tell.

The important thing is this coin came out of Bitcoin flaws, any overlap with NXT is because these were functions that people were wanting and discussing long before NXT.

I think OS should stop the NXT comparisons.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
Qora is here to stay for the long run.
Great innovation and an awesome dev this is one of the best altcoin to invest in.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
It's nice to see that Qora is plus 20 again.
Hopefully volume will pick up with the new release.
Activity: 39

I think of Qora as being similar to Nxt's Litecoin. If next gen coins like Nxt take off and features like asset exchanges become mainstream then Qora will ultimately be dragged along for the ride. The comparision is relevant because Litecoin actually had far greater gains percentage-wise than Bitcoin during the most recent spike. Qora is tiny relative to Nxt and a considerably riskier investment. And Nxt is even more tiny relative to Bitcoin but it is precisely because of this reason that there is also much bigger potential for growth. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

Activity: 39
Looks like the price recently skyrocketed. Currently trading at 23 sats on Bter and 22 on Poloniex.
Activity: 20
Finally the sharexchange sell their stolen coin out...cheer!.no one will dump Cheesy

I will dump when 2000 sat
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Finally the sharexchange sell their stolen coin out...cheer!.no one will dump Cheesy
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
this is a good time to buy more qora i think , any idea ?

Qora is relatively new and core features still being developed. With wallets, OS and other exciting features from the best cryptocurrency dev on the planet and as other devs come on board....

...yea, probably a good time to buy.
legendary

Always a good time. AE will be released some time next week which would be even better than NXT AE
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
legendary
Only the API doc i think.
Jump to: