Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 243. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
It's still an awkward process no matter how anal you want to be about the terms you use.

It'll get a bit less awkward when there are more fiat->NXT gateways, the goal is to disconnect from having to go through Bitcoin. It just doesn't happen overnight, takes time.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Yes, it's kinda a pain trading non-NXT crytpos on the NXT asset exchange. Since you have to trade against NXT, and the NXT/BTC pair is changing all the time. Also, to put a trade ORDER into the NXT AE you have to pay 1NXT, and to cancel the order you have to pay 1NXT.

Perhaps once they get some new features of NXT going (BTC gateway for 1) it won't be such a hassle.

It would be much better for Qora to add Peer-To-Peer (trustless) trading of Qora directly into the Qora wallet.

There are no 'NXT cryptos', haha. There is only one crypto - NXT, but it doesn't trade on its own exchange, because the basic unit of trading on the NXT AE is, you guessed it right, NXT, what would it trade against, itself? Smiley

There are different assets that trade on that exchange, their prices are quoted in NXTs.

Naturally Qora asset is also priced in NXTs. The smallest unit of 1 NXT is = 0.00000001 - called NxtQuant.

Yeah, it may be a pain to do all those conversions, especially since the standard now is Bitcoin and all prices on all exchanges are quoted in Bitcoins, but on the NXT AE the prices are in NXTs, this has to be accepted and will be accepted with time. People get used to things you know Smiley

Yes, I know all this. Sorry I didn't drill down into the exact specific names and terminologies of NXT that Qora members probably have no idea of. But, that doesn't change the fact that trying to determine the price of Qora <-> BTC on the NXT AE (Asset Exchange) is a two step process. As it buying the asset (actually more than that if you want to end up with Qora in your Qora wallet), because you have to buy NXT, probably on BTER or DGEX for BTC first, then transfer it to your NXT wallet, then you can Bid/Ask/Buy/Sell on the NXT AE, then you have to request it be sent to your wallet from the Asset issuer. An OTC transaction with a BTC escrow like signcoin would be so much easier.

It's still an awkward process no matter how anal you want to be about the terms you use.
1 qora was last sold for 42 satoshi at poloniex when the trade was opened, it's frozen now.
42 satoshi was because sharexcoin qora dumping @ poloniex.
I think qora price will get back to itself around 100 satoshi very quickly (and that is also just the beginning  Wink)

When did the dumping start? Because I see the price jumping at around 50 satoshi over June 1 - June 5 period.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
1 qora was last sold for 42 satoshi at poloniex when the trade was opened, it's frozen now.
That was because sharexcoin qora dumping @ poloniex.
I think qora price will get back to itself around 100 satoshi very quickly.

I everybody, I'm Ben the CEO and cofounder of Kingcoiny a new exchange platform. I'm very interesting in Qora but looks not easy to be trust before the shareX experience....

Definitely, we'de like to know more about the opportunity to add Qora to our exchange?

How could we do that?

The best,
Ben
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
42 satoshi was because sharexcoin qora dumping @ poloniex.
I think qora price will get back to itself around 100 satoshi very quickly (and that is also just the beginning  Wink)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
QoraCoin bounties are now updated on:

Ok, maybe my brain isnt working. Lol

What does that translate to in satoshi?

1qora = ? sat. An estimate.

1 NXT sells for 9800-10200 satoshi, changing each minute.
Which translates to 0.0041-0.0043 NXT per 1 Qora. Later the exchange rate will be set by the market without looking at Bitcoin, but at the beginning we have to refer to Bitcoin's rate for both currencies to set the initial exchange rate.

Yes, it's kinda a pain trading non-NXT crytpos on the NXT asset exchange. Since you have to trade against NXT, and the NXT/BTC pair is changing all the time. Also, to put a trade ORDER into the NXT AE you have to pay 1NXT, and to cancel the order you have to pay 1NXT.

Perhaps once they get some new features of NXT going (BTC gateway for 1) it won't be such a hassle.

It would be much better for Qora to add Peer-To-Peer (trustless) trading of Qora directly into the Qora wallet.

There are no 'NXT cryptos', haha. There is only one crypto - NXT, but it doesn't trade on its own exchange, because the basic unit of trading on the NXT AE is, you guessed it right, NXT, what would it trade against, itself? Smiley

There are different assets that trade on that exchange, their prices are quoted in NXTs.

Naturally Qora asset is also priced in NXTs. The smallest unit of 1 NXT is = 0.00000001 - called NxtQuant.

Yeah, it may be a pain to do all those conversions, especially since the standard now is Bitcoin and all prices on all exchanges are quoted in Bitcoins, but on the NXT AE the prices are in NXTs, this has to be accepted and will be accepted with time. People get used to things you know Smiley
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Ok, thanks guys.

What is a qora going for in the AE?

There is a single offer from Dzarmush pending, 1 Qora = 0.01500000 (1.5 mln NxtQuants Smiley). The last Qora/BTC trade at Poloniex was 42 satoshi, NXT is 9800 satoshi, Qora/NXT 42/9800 = 0.00428000 (428 000 NxtQuants) or about that sounds like a reasonable price to me, but he's the boss Smiley

Ok, maybe my brain isnt working. Lol

What does that translate to in satoshi?

1qora = ? sat. An estimate.

And what is the deal with everything getting back to normal? I was figuring with all the problems right noe, someone could pick up qoras for a good price, in hopes things would work out in the end.

Is this not the case? Have they increased in price?Huh
legendary
Activity: 1736
Ok, thanks guys.

There is a single offer from Dzarmush pending, 1 Qora = 0.01500000 (1.5 mln NxtQuants Smiley). The last Qora/BTC trade at Poloniex was 42 satoshi, NXT is 9800 satoshi, Qora/NXT 42/9800 = 0.00428000 (428 000 NxtQuants) or about that sounds like a reasonable price to me, but he's the boss Smiley

Ok, thanks guys.

Ok, thanks guys.

Also, is there a trading thread at all?

Finally,

Are we confident that the dev will get everything fixed. What is the progress so far? Timeline etc?
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
Basically dzarmush created an asset in the same fashion as utopianfuture did for NEM.

You send dzarmush a pm and for example 100k Qora. Dzarmush then sends you 100k (minus 0.5% fee) in Qora AE tokens back. You can then sell these on the NXT AE.

If you bought Qora tokens on the AE, you can send these to dzarmush. Dzarmush will again charge 0.5% for his time and send you the equivalent in Qora back.

Because this all has to be done manually it might take some time for dzarmush to process orders.

Basically dzarmush will be running a NXT/QORA exchange using the NXT AE protocol. While the trading on the AE is trustless, you still have to rely on dzarmush to redeem your tokens. Which he probably will Smiley

Link to asset:

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/2950240446121913764
Account: NXT-SSGH-KCZX-YBJQ-7NKWE
Asset Id:  2950240446121913764

Can someone explain how this works, or point me to where it is explained in detail. I have used the Nxt asset exchange with NEM.

How does this work. Im confused about the 1hour, 48 hours, etc.

Just a simple explanation will do. Went back four pages, was that not far enough lol.

You go to NXT Asset Exchange, add the asset by Asset ID from above. And there you can purchase Qoras using your NXTs. Those are virtual (inside the NXT AE) Qoras. After you purchased them, you can withdraw them to your real Qora wallet. How to do that is explained in the Qora asset description. When you open it, you will see the instructions.

However, the price for Qoras is really not attractive there right now, much not attractive, such high Smiley
THE FIRST QORA GATEWAY

NXT ASSET EXCHANGE

Account: NXT-SSGH-KCZX-YBJQ-7NKWE
Asset Id:  2950240446121913764

Deposits
Send any amount of Qora over 10,000.00 to QRhPStz6C4C4MBgC9kmbUbJRQdGsZqe1EK and PM to dzarmush https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/dzarmush-176058 your NXT address in Reed Solomon Format (for example: NXT-SSGH-KCZX-YBJQ-7NKWE)

Fees
0.5% Deposits
0.5% Withdrawals

Minimum deposit
10,000.00 Qora

Minimum withdrawal
10,000 QORA

Redemption time
Maximum 48 hours. Just for a few first days.
Minimum 1 hour

P.S. I bought a domain name, but haven't built a website. Will make a simple page withing a couple of days.

P.P.S. I'll contact Anon136 after (if) I got first 10M Qora.  

Can someone explain how this works, or point me to where it is explained in detail. I have used the Nxt asset exchange with NEM.

How does this work. Im confused about the 1hour, 48 hours, etc.

Just a simple explanation will do. Went back four pages, was that not far enough lol.
Activity: 76
Since seizing 0.8 BTC and 24M Qora from suspicious accounts, ShareXcoin has remained silent and the account holders on Poloniex have not objected. It seems pretty safe to assume that the funds I have seized are indeed stolen.

The question now is what to do with them. I do not see a way of distributing them to affected people, because there is no source of proof about ShareXcoin balances. Has this question been discussed?

I am still waiting to hear back from qora (dev) about the stability of Qora and the suitability of it for an exchange; that is why the market is still frozen.
I don't know whether this question were discussed, i tend to create a bounty fund to support community's development.
We are still waiting dev's new stable version.May be you can PM qora.
Thanks busoni.
support this plan.
Yo I lost 5m Qora at SharexCoin, can someone point me in a direction that has some hope of regaining my Qora?
im sorry to hear that,guy. Sad
there are no way to get the coins back,hope you keep supporting qora.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Yo I lost 5m Qora at SharexCoin, can someone point me in a direction that has some hope of regaining my Qora?

There is not much hope TBH.

The trails to the shareXcoin owner are not really yielding anything.

Best hope is to buy new coins Sad
Activity: 253
Merit: 1517
DTCxNMC
Jump to: