Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 318. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I am sure that soon qora will appear on bter.com

Thanks for your comment, but we need people to build and promote this coin. So get to work, we are going to make it happen together.

When someone asks "what are the benefits of Qora over NXT" what do you reply?

To be Honest, I don't know. Tell me, because I want to actively help and build Qora. Thank you.

Security. Qora uses a secure seed to regenerate a Wallet + a private key to make sure the wallet is save for everyday use.
Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.

Doesn't Qora also have a smaller transaction fee than NXT?

And much better client. Launching Nxt client takes forever, plus it's web based. Also everybody can access your Nxt account unlike Qora client, so Qora is more secure. Plus fully functioning Naming Service.

We are talking about a completely new POS algorithm here! And totally new code!

Plus the wallet is absolutely awesome. Simple, fast and user friendly

Is there any explanation of what the actually means? This coin looks very interesting and I am onboard, but you have to admit, the OP has a lot of sound bites with very little substance.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Anybody else having issues with the Qora client on a Mac?

Please let me know if this works for you, or not:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6976360

Pentamon

Pentamon, good you have the qora signature, you might want to change it in: Qora, NEW 2ND GEN COIN.

There's a limit of 50 char in signature for Newbies.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
I am sure that soon qora will appear on bter.com

Thanks for your comment, but we need people to build and promote this coin. So get to work, we are going to make it happen together.

When someone asks "what are the benefits of Qora over NXT" what do you reply?

To be Honest, I don't know. Tell me, because I want to actively help and build Qora. Thank you.

Security. Qora uses a secure seed to regenerate a Wallet + a private key to make sure the wallet is save for everyday use.
Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.

Doesn't Qora also have a smaller transaction fee than NXT?

And much better client. Launching Nxt client takes forever, plus it's web based. Also everybody can access your Nxt account unlike Qora client, so Qora is more secure. Plus fully functioning Naming Service.

We are talking about a completely new POS algorithm here! And totally new code!

Plus the wallet is absolutely awesome. Simple, fast and user friendly
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Pentamon

Pentamon, good you have the qora signature, you might want to change it in: Qora, NEW 2ND GEN COIN.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250

So...  did those people that were reporting problems making a deposit to Poloniex ever get their QORA on the exchange???  I am very interested to find out because if people haven't been able to deposit ALL DAY...  who is doing the selling?   Undecided

Please let me know because all my efforts to get the problem solved today when down the drain.  Oh yeah...  don't get suckered into letting go of your precious QORA too...   Roll Eyes

Remember how I said that some people are about to get schooled in Trading?   Wink

I was having problems depositing yang coins there yesterday, but not yin coins. They just replied to my support ticket and said they are currently experiencing high volume traffic, so it might take a while to sort it out.

It's not just qora that they are having problems with.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Pentamon
legendary
Anyway, screenshot doesn't prove anything. If he provides the account - we'll see. By now it's just several transactions with the same amounts.

I actually think its very likley true, not 'double spending' but 'double sending' to the same address. You got to be kind of an idiot though.  Grin

I found the amount you sent last stays in the box so its easy to click again and therefore send again. This was already discussed, Don't put another password protect though like NXT jsut have a window like Bitcoin wallet that checks you want to send something.

I always clear Amount field after sending coins to prevent double sending.

But in this case someone obviously meant spending.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Guys, he DID send those transactions.

But those are DIFFERENT signatures. He just send multiple transactions:
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QcypT9kp1LEL5L56bqUrnpfJLKmJpDEnqN
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
Anyway, screenshot doesn't prove anything. If he provides the account - we'll see. By now it's just several transactions with the same amounts.

I actually think its very likley true, not 'double spending' but 'double sending' to the same address. You got to be kind of an idiot though.  Grin

I found the amount you sent last stays in the box so its easy to click again and therefore send again. This was already discussed, Don't put another password protect though like NXT jsut have a window like Bitcoin wallet that checks you want to send something.
legendary
Does the wallet need to be unlocked to generate blocks?

Yes
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
Does the wallet need to be unlocked to generate blocks?
legendary
legendary
Press send button like a maniac. I tested it in version 5 and it sent 4 times before the popup.

Were there 4 different transactions/Signatures though?   Undecided

That's what I've just sent you

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Press send button like a maniac. I tested it in version 5 and it sent 4 times before the popup.

Were there 4 different transactions/Signatures though?   Undecided

obviously. But still sucks if you double send something to a buyer..
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

Found it on some russian board. Devs, do something to prevent double spending (if this is true screen of course)

I don't see how someome can make that many payments in the same second?

win

Found it on some russian board. Devs, do something to prevent double spending (if this is true screen of course)

I don't see how someome can make that many payments in the same second?
Activity: 82

legendary
Activity: 1736
Some people said we need miltipool for Qora, someone said we don't.

What do you guys think? I could increase a bounty for that or cancel it. What do you say?

I think it's a good idea. A multipool that pays out Qora has to BUY Qora, hence supporting the price.
legendary
Some people said we need miltipool for Qora, someone said we don't.

What do you guys think? I could increase a bounty for that or cancel it. What do you say?
win
I guess he should if he is BCnext!  Grin
Which I highly doubt is the case.

Read this:

1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6856665
2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6831744
3. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6851634
4. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6832049

Than tell me what you think.

But again. Qora might be way more talanted than BCNext, so I'm not saying that Qora is BCNext because I don't want to offense him making such conclusion. All I'm saing is that Qora and BCNext are alike. Probably most geniuses are.
- TRUE  Cheesy

WOW I thought it was just a mild rumor!

I saw this ages ago but assumed it was a joke, back when most thought it was just a scam anyway.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-is-bcnext-579858
Jump to: