Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 317. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
where can i find literature on the proof of stake algo and the transaction boosting?
I think its best if you PM qora.
He checks his PM more than he checks this thread.

i don't need him specifically to tell me where to find the literature. it would be super great if anyone would. surely you guys learned about this new pos algo before you invested Huh you must have learned about it from somewhere.

The dev didn't yet reveal details of this new algorithm

That is the 6 million dollar question. Roll Eyes

You trust and support this dev and his junk because ?

You're still crying like a little bitch? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
where can i find literature on the proof of stake algo and the transaction boosting?

i don't need him specifically to tell me where to find the literature. it would be super great if anyone would. surely you guys learned about this new pos algo before you invested Huh you must have learned about it from somewhere.

That is the 6 million dollar question. Roll Eyes

You trust and support this dev and his junk because ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I smell fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Strangly nobody specifically spread it. Are we nervous?

I smell Secondleo spreading fud by reporting fud to have been smelled by Secondleo.

I personally think that screenshot proves skills in Diablo II rather than skills in hacking Qora.

And some lucky bastard got his 55 satoshi buy order filled.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

The misunderstanding with the multisend (see, no fud Tongue) caused some people to rather cash out "while it lasts".

But knowing something about the POS algo would be interesting indeed. The advertisement sounds a bit like the transparent forging NXT is talking about. But they havn't implemented that yet as far as I know.

seriously though i really am surprised how many people invested without the dev releasing any info on the pos algo (which i legitimately didn't know he hadn't until just now)

Personally...  I have the same attitude towards this as I do for TF...  we shall see...   Roll Eyes

I think these are different breeds of horses. The NXT algo has been reviewed. Transparent forging is not in, but the POS algo can be checked.

Having someone from the outside check the code might be interesting. Finding a trustworthy person to do that isn't a trivial task though.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Friendly advice...  you can't pull off playing stupid when everyone already knows you're NOT!   Wink

rofl. my wife gets so mad at me all the time for playing dumb. Cheesy

seriously though i really am surprised how many people invested without the dev releasing any info on the pos algo (which i legitimately didn't know he hadn't until just now)
Activity: 617
Merit: 528

I smell Secondleo spreading fud by reporting fud to have been smelled by Secondleo.

I personally think that screenshot proves skills in Diablo II rather than skills in hacking Qora.

And some lucky bastard got his 55 satoshi buy order filled.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
Quoting dgex founder Graviton, https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4774.0.html

"We have been working behind the scenes to assist in the launch of an exciting secret 2.5G crypto project that should materialize within 1 to 2 weeks. Not certain yet whether DGEX will also provide trading for that, probably yes. Shortly after that there is another high profile cryptocurrency that will for sure be traded on DGEX. It is uncertain of whether NEM and NxtLite have a chance to penetrate our resources as we consider these two dark collaboration projects much more potential."

Is this somehow related to Qora?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Anybody would like to swap some NXT for Qora?

Would like to have a bit more NXT to..
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

Found it on some russian board. Devs, do something to prevent double spending (if this is true screen of course)

I don't see how someome can make that many payments in the same second?

Press send button like a maniac. I tested it in version 5 and it sent 4 times before the popup.

It sucks that things like that appear now and not during the beta.
If you are fast you can indeed click the send button multiple times before it shows the dialog.
All those transactions are valid btw and not double spended.

Currently I am working on the database issues which seems to be the cause of most of the problems right now.

so it's not a double spend just a multiple send
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Found it on some russian board. Devs, do something to prevent double spending (if this is true screen of course)

Press send button like a maniac. I tested it in version 5 and it sent 4 times before the popup.

If you are fast you can indeed click the send button multiple times before it shows the dialog.

Currently I am working on the database issues which seems to be the cause of most of the problems right now.

So if all those txs are valid then that person has a shit load of Qora he shouldn't?
Here is something else to check: have the same wallet running on two computers and send txs at the same time on both computers, bet they clear.
What's the difference between Qora and other 2.0 coins like NXT Huh

Security. Qora uses a secure seed to regenerate a Wallet + a private key to make sure the wallet is save for everyday use.
Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.  Grin

I never knew I was good at marketing Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1146
I haven't followed nxt that much but as far as I understand the development was paid and will stop in a week?
nice try  Wink

Qora client opens in seconds and sending coins is a joy
With Qora it's just
1. Double click on run.bat
2. Enter short password
3. Send coins

I only need short password on the Qora client on my laptop coz seed is secure enough.
In Nxt I need super strong passphrase.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.

It seems qora knows the downfalls of nxt very well.
I guess he should if he is BCnext!  Grin

I noticed these changes when reading Qoras features and concluded that the developer had to be an insider closely associated with NXT; who other than BCNext...
Activity: 183
What's the difference between Qora and other 2.0 coins like NXT Huh
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Hi,

great coin, great opportunity to contribute and get some bounty for the nodes :-)

But I have a question:

Is it really safe to open port 9084 AND 9085 in the firewall?

TIA,

Harri
legendary
I am sure that soon qora will appear on bter.com

Thanks for your comment, but we need people to build and promote this coin. So get to work, we are going to make it happen together.

When someone asks "what are the benefits of Qora over NXT" what do you reply?

To be Honest, I don't know. Tell me, because I want to actively help and build Qora. Thank you.

Security. Qora uses a secure seed to regenerate a Wallet + a private key to make sure the wallet is save for everyday use.
Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.

Doesn't Qora also have a smaller transaction fee than NXT?

And much better client. Launching Nxt client takes forever, plus it's web based. Also everybody can access your Nxt account unlike Qora client, so Qora is more secure. Plus fully functioning Naming Service.

We are talking about a completely new POS algorithm here! And totally new code!

Plus the wallet is absolutely awesome. Simple, fast and user friendly

Is there any explanation of what the actually means? This coin looks very interesting and I am onboard, but you have to admit, the OP has a lot of sound bites with very little substance.

You could look at it like that or you could look at it that he's focused on the real development of the coin and not marketing. In fact he has said he doesn't plan to market Qora until the client is finished. In theory if left to his timing, Qora wouldn't be on an exchange and there would be zero marketing. But like he has said he can't stop people doing these things even if he wanted to.

I get that. But, then why officially release it before the wallet is ready then? What's the hurry?

It is ready. It was ready 11 days ago.
Activity: 231

legendary
Activity: 1736

Thanks for your comment, but we need people to build and promote this coin. So get to work, we are going to make it happen together.

To be Honest, I don't know. Tell me, because I want to actively help and build Qora. Thank you.

Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.

And much better client. Launching Nxt client takes forever, plus it's web based. Also everybody can access your Nxt account unlike Qora client, so Qora is more secure. Plus fully functioning Naming Service.

Is there any explanation of what the actually means? This coin looks very interesting and I am onboard, but you have to admit, the OP has a lot of sound bites with very little substance.

You could look at it like that or you could look at it that he's focused on the real development of the coin and not marketing. In fact he has said he doesn't plan to market Qora until the client is finished. In theory if left to his timing, Qora wouldn't be on an exchange and there would be zero marketing. But like he has said he can't stop people doing these things even if he wanted to.

I get that. But, then why officially release it before the wallet is ready then? What's the hurry?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win

Jump to: