Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 326. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 380
Merit: 275
I think Qora is going to suffer the same issues Nxt had with it's early client. For windows users, 9 times out of 10 the path to java isn't set and it causes it to crash. If it were possible to add a feature that could discover the path to java automatically or guide the user to set it, I think it will save a lot of headaches and help attract additional users.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
   start "Qora" java -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
) ELSE (
   IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7" (
      start "Qora" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
   ) ELSE (
      IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
         start "Qora" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
      ) ELSE (
         ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
         PAUSE
      )
   )
)

That's actually great that you created this, although I completely know what I am looking at, many new comers that are just used to running an .exe and sitting back will still come on this thread and ask how to get their wallet running. But, what you've created is a great step in the right direction. This should definitely be highlighted on the front page of the OP.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Hi and hello..

I'd like to make my own shitcoin and make 10,000 BTC appear out of thin air.

This volume is fake right ?

Are people really that addicted to rackets ? ponzis ? pyramids ?

How is this any different than the bankster's fractional reserve ?

Shitcoin = coin written from scratch?

Go ahead and do that if you can Wink
legendary
Activity: 1806
Hi and hello..

Well, 2nd gen, new source, new POS algorithm... you know that kind of stuff that make a currency unique and not just copy/paste as 99% others. You can be bitching around about missing another train, but it won't help you a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Hi and hello..

legendary
legendary
Are anymore people besides me having difficulty opening the wallet? I read in the FAQ one could edit the bat file but that did not work for me.
I don't have any issue with wallets from other coins.

What type of OS are you using? Version? Path to Java on Your Machine. Also, post what's in your bat here.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
wellcome to Polo Qora..... I will be buy plenty of this coin Smiley
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
How to run the qora wallet on the mac?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
So good. I love qora.
Activity: 279
Are anymore people besides me having difficulty opening the wallet? I read in the FAQ one could edit the bat file but that did not work for me.

Did you download java 7 update 45?
What operating system?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
qora is on polo now
Activity: 279
Did you download java 7 update 45?
What operating system?
I think Qora is going to suffer the same issues Nxt had with it's early client. For windows users, 9 times out of 10 the path to java isn't set and it causes it to crash. If it were possible to add a feature that could discover the path to java automatically or guide the user to set it, I think it will save a lot of headaches and help attract additional users.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Congratulations, Qora has been added to Poloniex!  https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_qora
Happy trading,
Poloniex Wallet Manager
Activity: 294
legendary
Can I join in the distribution or am I too late now?

IPO is over. You can now only buy Qora:
ShareXCoin: https://sharexcoin.com/market/QORA_BTC
Trading thread and OTC exchanged: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-trading-thread-and-otc-xchg-613750
Polonies: soon
Activity: 294
Can I join in the distribution or am I too late now?
Jump to: