Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 330. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
Hmm , does anyone have a clue when did qora got listed on coinmarketcap?
about 4 hours ago.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Hmm , does anyone have a clue when did qora got listed on coinmarketcap?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Can someone hep me with my wallet?

1. Don't close Java window, only wallet. Otherwise data might be corruted and you'll have to download blocks again.
2. Just run fresh client and wait until it synced. You can watch the process in File/Debug/Blocks
legendary
Do we have a Chinese promotion team already?? Chinese thread?
Maybe its also good to have a FB page..

We definitely need both Chinese thread and FB page. Don't have either of them atm.

Only Twitter https://twitter.com/qoracoin
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
Can someone hep me with my wallet?
Here's my issue:
1st run
- Using this .bat and peer list https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102
- App starts fine (I get a command window and a Java wallet app).
- The wallet app walks me through creating my wallet file.
- App seems to run fine and it has a yellow dot saying "Syncronizing" and the wallet is unlocked. Lots of connection activity in the command window.
- Close the app using the X on the Java window. Takes a few seconds then shuts down.

2nd run
- App starts fine (I get a command window and a Java wallet app)
- Some quick activity in the command window then it starts saying "WARNING: connection error..."
- The Java app shows a red dot and says "No Connections" Wallet is locked.
- Occasionally it will go yellow for a split secont and say "Syncronizing", then go red again.
- Close the app using the X on the Java window. Command window throws an error "Exception in thread ATW-EventQueue-0... ...Writer thread failed"
- The Java wallet then shows a green dot and says "Oke" but stays open.
- Try to close the app again using the X on the Java window. Command window throws an error "Exception in thread ATW-EventQueue-0... ...Writer thread failed"
- Wallet goes red, "No Connections"
- Force quit by closing the command window.

3rd run
- command window pops up, then exits. Java wallet never starts.
- At this point the only way to get it to run again is to delete all of the files and start fresh again.

System: Win8.1, X64, latest JRE installed
Any help would be appreciated. Or if there is a thread/post with wallet help instructions please point me in the right direction and I can try and work it out myself.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Do we have a Chinese promotion team already?? Chinese thread?
Maybe its also good to have a FB page..
Activity: 868
What are the advantages of qora against other alike coins? For me active dev is very important, are the devs serious about this coin?
We also know that the Dev solved one of nxt problem - now you can know forge with the the same success rate even if you split your qora holdings into separate addresses in the same wallet.

also password protected wallets that can be recovered/generated from seeds is completely new.

But i don't know if it goes up much, maybe up 2-3x max then it will already be top 10, do you see this coin reaching 2-300 million market cap? For that It's dev needs to be very serious, attend meet ups, give speeches you know what i mean? Not really hide himself, this way it will build big trust.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
What are the advantages of qora against other alike coins? For me active dev is very important, are the devs serious about this coin?
We also know that the Dev solved one of nxt problems - now you can forge with the the same success rate even if you split your qora holdings into separate addresses in the same wallet.

also password protected wallets that can be recovered/generated from seeds is completely new.

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Qora Rating and Descriptionhttp://cryptorating.org/qora/

Smiley

I guess the rating will increase while the market and community evolves, right?

Absolutely. Once poloniex adds Qora the market will jump about 20 points. Same with client and community. This coin will be top 2 if it plays its cards right!
buying 1 bitcoin for qora at 83
legendary

Looks great. Fourth place also not bad Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

Smiley

I guess the rating will increase while the market and community evolves, right?
Anyone here selling at 83 for 1 Bitcoin at shareXcoin?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com

Smiley
legendary
So this coin is not mineable? can someone tell more? Has this been an IPO?

Yes, it's 100% POS.

We're looking for someone to create a mutlipool for Qora. Now when it's on exchange we can make it 'mineable'.

Qora is a 2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up. The dev created a new proof-of-stake algorithm, although I don't know details. You can read about features in OP.

We've got some evidences that the dev is BCNext. Can't say for sure, of course, but still. They're very alike. And yes, he's very serious about the coin. Actually he doesn't much care about other things except the source and dedicates 99% time to development so the community takes care about infrastructure, marketing and other stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

Yes, it's 100% POS.

We're looking for someone to create a mutlipool for Qora. Now when it's on exchange we can make it 'mineable'.

The dev is absolutely competent - frequent updates, stable wallet from the start, great communication + there are many indications that he is BCNext. Check the thread thoroughly and you'll find the relevant posts.

Yes, it's 100% POS.

Jump to: