Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 329. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Who is taking care of the Twitter account dhzarmush? Do you have the password?

Yep, I squatted the name, tryed to give it to a twitter person, coz I'm not one, didn't find anybody and ended up taking care of it Smiley
I'll be glad if someone can keep it updated, it doesn't look great if someone post 1 tweet every other day. It also needs some promotion.

I would like to do the twitter and I will try that people like max keiser and other people on twitter with much followers will promote Qora on twitter

You're fellow NXTer, right? I think I remember you by that huge Nxt thread.

Yes also NXTer, from the pretty beginning, but 1 month to late for IPO Sad
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

Yep, I squatted the name, tryed to give it to a twitter person, coz I'm not one, didn't find anybody and ended up taking care of it Smiley
I'll be glad if someone can keep it updated, it doesn't look great if someone post 1 tweet every other day. It also needs some promotion.

I would like to do the twitter and I will try that people like max keiser and other people on twitter with much followers will promote Qora on twitter

You're fellow NXTer, right? I think I remember you by that huge Nxt thread.
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
Can someone hep me with my wallet?

1. Don't close Java window, only wallet. Otherwise data might be corruted and you'll have to download blocks again.
2. Just run fresh client and wait until it synced. You can watch the process in File/Debug/Blocks
Thanks for the help.
1. When you say "don't close Java window only wallet", are you referring to the command prompt window or the Java wallet?
2. Ok, will wait until it's fully synched before closing the client.

cmd.exe - do not touch it ever )
Now I'm confused. If I try to close the GUI window it fails. If I close the CMD window it closes and opens fine.

That's odd. Did you try again to close and open the client after it synced? It failed again?
Bummer, I think I lost my coins. Luckily it was only a test transaction of 10 coins.
Here's what I did.
- Deleted everything and started fresh, opened the app and generated a new wallet
- Waited until it was fully synced
- Closed the app by closing the CMD window, (because that''s what I thought you meant by "don't close Java window")
- Re-opened the app and it opened fine
- Repeated open/close several times to be sure it would not get corrupted.
- Generated a new address and transferred funds from ShareXcoin to my new address.
- Saw your post about never touching the CMD window, so I tried closing the GUI wallet and the app crashed.
- Tried to re-open the app and it failed.
- Backed up the wallet directory, deleted everything and copied in new files from the .zip, then added in the backed up wallet directory.
- Started the app, syncs fine, but now my wallet does not contain the address I created where I transferred the funds from ShareXcoin

Are there instructions on how to properly use the wallet? It seems insane that you can lose coins by closing a wrong window.
legendary

legendary
I think my node is working, will need to do some more testing.

About the instructional video i have to find time tonight to edit it.

I could ask some Chinese friends to translate stuff if need be.

It's not only about translation. Someone should answer questions, keep OP updated.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1428
I think my node is working, will need to do some more testing.

About the instructional video i have to find time tonight to edit it.

I could ask some Chinese friends to translate stuff if need be.
legendary
88 users added Qora signature and set up 9 new nodes
legendary
legendary
Do we have a Chinese promotion team already?? Chinese thread?
Maybe its also good to have a FB page..

We definitely need both Chinese thread and FB page. Don't have either of them atm.

Only Twitter https://twitter.com/qoracoin

Is there anybody who can do the chinese translation and also promotion on chinese forums?! Would be great.

People follow also QORA on twitter. Who want to take the task to create and keep the FB up to date?
I was about to write same thing right now.
Chinese people own a large stake of qora. I know that because they were the ones selling me it. With all due to respect to chinese people our chinese community is nearly helpless. I think only a single chinese out of the dozens of chinese stakeholders is doing something.
We need chinese thread asap, that's something that can be done in 15 minutes by someone, or less.

Yes Chinese people, please help us and yourself
legendary
Its also good to gain some publicity, maybe approach CoinDesk and the CryptoCrimson to write a Article about Qora.. The best is To get MAX KEISER promoting us hehe
legendary

We definitely need both Chinese thread and FB page. Don't have either of them atm.

Is there anybody who can do the chinese translation and also promotion on chinese forums?! Would be great.

People follow also QORA on twitter. Who want to take the task to create and keep the FB up to date?

If we don't find someone among stakeholder for these tasks I'll set bounties for it.
legendary

1. Don't close Java window, only wallet. Otherwise data might be corruted and you'll have to download blocks again.
2. Just run fresh client and wait until it synced. You can watch the process in File/Debug/Blocks
Thanks for the help.
1. When you say "don't close Java window only wallet", are you referring to the command prompt window or the Java wallet?

Now I'm confused. If I try to close the GUI window it fails. If I close the CMD window it closes and opens fine.

That's odd. Did you try again to close and open the client after it synced? It failed again?
legendary

Thanks for the help.

legendary
About
Qora is a new 2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems while also adding new promising features.
Qora is being built from scratch and will not rely on any other crypto-currency.
Qora uses a new proof-of-stake algorithm making it future-proof.
Qora is being developed in Java and relies on native C libraries to perform the most CPU intensive tasks.
Qora relied on an IPO for initial distribution of the supply. The total amount of Qora in existence is 10'000'000'000 (10 Billion).
One Qora has 8 digits after the decimal point.

So much "qora"
Isn't it better to change it to:

2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems while also adding new promising features.
Built from scratch and will not rely on any other crypto-currency.
New proof-of-stake algorithm making it future-proof.
Developed in Java and relies on native C libraries to perform the most CPU intensive tasks.
Relied on an IPO for initial distribution of the supply. The total amount of Qora in existence is 10'000'000'000 (10 Billion).
One Qora has 8 digits after the decimal point

People know we are talking about qora, that's why they came to this thread and not drk's bc's etc...
its fun to say qora over and over - I am ok with it Wink

Me too  Smiley Qora Qora Qora Qora
legendary

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.
Seems you have to close it from the Command window, not the GUI wallet.
It's working for me now. Thanks for the help.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
About
Qora is a new 2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems while also adding new promising features.
Qora is being built from scratch and will not rely on any other crypto-currency.
Qora uses a new proof-of-stake algorithm making it future-proof.
Qora is being developed in Java and relies on native C libraries to perform the most CPU intensive tasks.
Qora relied on an IPO for initial distribution of the supply. The total amount of Qora in existence is 10'000'000'000 (10 Billion).
One Qora has 8 digits after the decimal point.

So much "qora"
Isn't it better to change it to:

2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems while also adding new promising features.
Built from scratch and will not rely on any other crypto-currency.
New proof-of-stake algorithm making it future-proof.
Developed in Java and relies on native C libraries to perform the most CPU intensive tasks.
Relied on an IPO for initial distribution of the supply. The total amount of Qora in existence is 10'000'000'000 (10 Billion).
One Qora has 8 digits after the decimal point

People know we are talking about qora, that's why they came to this thread and not drk's bc's etc...
its fun to say qora over and over - I am ok with it Wink

Thanks for the help.
Jump to: