Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 342. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Glad to see so much ongoing with qora development.

Regarding the dashboard - who would need weather or instagram? maybe you could replace them with qora twitter news or reddit news.

But I also vote for simplicity. Nothing more than the necessary, presented in a clean, fresh and useful way.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
We seem to have different groups discussing similar issues but at different times of the day. Our own site would help provide a centralized location for discussion of these issues.
The problem is that people don't bother reading older posts - they read only the last page when they log on-line.

Yes, but we can't change that. Better to just have all the main issues laid out in their own categories on a central website so people can take a look there and catch up. The original Nxt thread was a lot of fun but development really accelerated with the forming of the commitees and the main website.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
We seem to have different groups discussing similar issues but at different times of the day. Our own site would help provide a centralized location for discussion of these issues.
The problem is that people don't bother reading older posts - they read only the last page when they log on-line.
Setting up a node

we should add a automatic Server Bounty payment for setting up stable nodes like in NHZ
XXX qora/day - what do you guys think?

I have pm qora ask him make a tutorial how to set up a node step by step
but he didnt reply me. Cry

On Windows:
there are following steps:

1. Open wallet.

2. Don't let Windows Fire Wall block port 9084

3. (optional) If you want to hide wallet gui:

add argument -disablegui
  like below:

java -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar -disablegui

4. (optional)Adjust the memory java uses(depends on your computer):

java -Xmx768m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar -disablegui

5.(optional) if you want to hide the dos window:

create file run.vbs, its content is below:

SET WSHSHELL = WSCRIPT.CREATEOBJECT("WSCRIPT.SHELL")
WSHSHELL.RUN "run.bat",0

6. (optional) Adjust the max connection allowed:

java -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar -disablegui
maxconnections 100

7. double click run.vbs or run.bat
legendary
Activity: 1428
Maybe write up and step by step guide to getting a node up and running so we can add more nodes?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
It's a great idea to reward people for running nodes, but how does it actually work? We need a script to check and send coins?
yes like NHZ have.

Ok, I'll PM Agran.
I'm not a tech guy but is there a way we could do a bounty for people who run a node? Or maybe just take the funds from the bounty pool and do a bunch of nodes ourselves?

yes, but the problem is, that these nodes are very unstable. So the guy maintaining it must check everything regularly.

Any volunteers? Smiley

So the nodes need constant monitoring right now according to Twinwinner.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
It's a great idea to reward people for running nodes, but how does it actually work? We need a script to check and send coins?
yes like NHZ have.
legendary
legendary
It time to begin the work. I hope you stay on board in a leadership role - have you contacted dzarmush and rerunrod for committee development? I will volunteer for business dev, marketing and finance activities...not really a coder so those are the options by default.  Smiley

Did you apply for the marketing committee yet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1troEFW_nllAv4Sy6shNcPXYPjpBfL-f7zKK-syx8_pM/edit#gid=0
legendary
legendary
Guys, would you please discuss Kora in Kora thread?
Activity: 308
it's nice to see there is all ready an effort (kora) to fork qora - another reason not to release qora source code to early  Grin

(I have a feeling that once it's released qora is going to be the reference source code in the complete altcoin 2.0 section).

What will kora do if the dev will not release the source code?

We will issue 'Kora tokens' to ~3,000 stakeholders on the NXT AE (similar to NEM) as an interim solution, so people will be able to spend & trade their 'Kora tokens' using the NXT ecosystem long before the Qora source is released.

Once the Qora source is released (whenever that is) 'Kora token' holders will send them back to the 'Kora token' issuer who will exchange them for Kora coins once the Kora network is up and Running.

[ANN] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ora-nxt-monetary-system-currency-620518

[Kora registration system bounty] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kora100posfreeregistration-webapp-bounty-5-kora-coins-2-bitcoin-621681

I really hope they don't completely publicly release the source code just so I can watch you explain to people you sold them tokens for a coin that doesn't exist.

The Kora project will be giving everything away for free, so if Kora tokens end up being worthless and/or the Kora network doesn't get created nobody will have lost a cent except me (I will be paying a few bounties out of my own pocket).

If the Qora source is never released Kora will not exist, and either will Qora!
legendary
Activity: 1106
I want to make a topic with our Bounty List. Is there a special section for bounty hunters on the forum or I should just post it in Alternate cryptocurrencies?

If you do post off this thread then yeah Alt crypto section is your best bet. I personally don't even look at other sections but none seem anymore relevant anyway. Put it in announcements if the forum lets you.
legendary
I want to make a topic with our Bounty List. Is there a special section for bounty hunters on the forum or I should just post it in Alternate cryptocurrencies?
legendary
And yeah I am like others negative about the whole dashboard thing, weather etc. i don't think people want paying and trading mixed up with other stuff but I'm sure that's another separate project that has legs. It could even open up a portal to anonymous internet use combined with payments etc..

Yep. We need super clean and user friendly clients. No unnecessary info whatsoever. Clients should be so perfect that people won't ever close them once they launched.
legendary
Proposed GUI Dashboard - QORA v.0.1.0

How does this look?

Any feedback colors/organization would be appreciated.. Please PM with suggestions.

Disclaimer: This does not represent the final deterministic wallet GUI. It is just an example I have been working on.
I am NOT held responsible for inaccurate representation of the GUI that might change per feedback.
Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

No I am not the other. Been doing some homework (JSON, CLI, etc..) for a week on the backend stuff (how to's etc...). Uber security settings with Soft/Hard security...
No idea if qora is BCnext. Would be nice to chat with BCnext one day... Say hi to him if you get to chat.. I am just trying to help out... Even chatting with qora is nice.  Cool

I am currently working a GUI for a Deterministic wallet (bootstrap 3, etc... for all devices) and will have a preview in the next few hours.
Just have to hook up Command Line Interface (CLI) etc... Working on the backend stuff too (cloudflare, hardening, etc...)
I love pretty things  Wink

As far as development goes I am responsible for about 90% of it and there is one other person that helps me out with stuff that is not related to the core like the GUI and API. (The API will be completely reworked before the release.)

ASIC-8Tile are you the other person qora is talking about? seems like you have been busy working for some time on this if you have preview ready.
can you tell us if qora is BCnext?   Cheesy

You are clearly talented and are a good designer but can I suggest if you are involved in some way with GUI that you not only keep it simple but also what has to be complicated (colored coins etc) be hidden in menus. What I mean by that is that most of the menus on the right can be hidden. People want a simple payment page 95% of the time, the rest can be hidden or just a few menus options showing like Trade, Message etc, more than 5 and your starting to look complicated.

Its far from the perfect solution but I suggest you log onto Ripple to get an idea of how to do it. I think you have the skills to make the first decent GUI for a 2nd gen cryptocurrency that is completely user friendly and stylish. I hope you stick with Qora and get involved in that area. A streamlined GUI will in my opinion single out Qora from NXT in the end. The whole decentralised trading thing hasn't been cracked yet imo.  

And yeah I am like others negative about the whole dashboard thing, weather etc. i don't think people want paying and trading mixed up with other stuff but I'm sure that's another separate project that has legs. It could even open up a portal to anonymous internet use combined with payments etc..
legendary
it's nice to see there is all ready an effort (kora) to fork qora - another reason not to release qora source code to early  Grin

(I have a feeling that once it's released qora is going to be the reference source code in the complete altcoin 2.0 section).

What will kora do if the dev will not release the source code?

We will issue 'Kora tokens' to ~3,000 stakeholders on the NXT AE (similar to NEM) as an interim solution, so people will be able to spend & trade their 'Kora tokens' using the NXT ecosystem long before the Qora source is released.

Once the Qora source is released (whenever that is) 'Kora token' holders will send them back to the 'Kora token' issuer who will exchange them for Kora coins once the Kora network is up and Running.

[ANN] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ora-nxt-monetary-system-currency-620518

[Kora registration system bounty] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kora100posfreeregistration-webapp-bounty-5-kora-coins-2-bitcoin-621681

I really hope they don't completely publicly release the source code just so I can watch you explain to people you sold them tokens for a coin that doesn't exist.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Instagram for a coin? WTF more than useless
Jump to: