Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 343. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

I think it's a bit complicated. (instagram? weather? - that isn't relevent right now)
qora wants to simplify things.
maybe check out the counterparty web wallet: https://counterwallet.co/
I think it's a good reference that can help you.

nice job!

The qora community is being built slowly but surely.
keep up the good work all the technical guys here!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
legendary
it's nice to see there is all ready an effort (kora) to fork qora - another reason not to release qora source code to early  Grin
(I have a feeling that once it's released qora is going to be the reference source code in the complete altcoin 2.0 section).
What will kora do if the dev will not release the source code?
We will issue 'Kora tokens' to ~3,000 stakeholders on the NXT AE (similar to NEM) as an interim solution, so people will be able to spend & trade their 'Kora tokens' using the NXT ecosystem long before the Qora source is released.
Once the Qora source is released (whenever that is) 'Kora token' holders will send them back to the 'Kora token' issuer who will exchange them for Kora coins once the Kora network is up and Running.
[ANN] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ora-nxt-monetary-system-currency-620518
[Kora registration system bounty] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kora100posfreeregistration-webapp-bounty-5-kora-coins-2-bitcoin-621681

I had to post this again

look at the distribution model, possibly the worst in living memory.
NXT were brought for total of 21 btc between ~73 stakeholders
current valuation~ 71,450 BTC (very short time later)

The big flaw in this whole argument about "distribution" is that it's based more on a toy-throwing-out-of-pram premise than any dispassionate appraisal of the "distribution model".

For example. The argument goes that NxT stakeholders stand to make an X0000000 % gain from their investment and that that's somehow "excessive". Whereas if someone buying a currency that had, say 5000 buy-ins and also made an X0000000 % gain - that would be alright.
The fact is that there isn't anywhere near enough market liquidity in any of these currencies for such gains ever to be realised at the amounts of holdings the original stakeholders had. Thats why it doesn't matter if it's 76 or 7600 original holders - it's like melting 2 big blocks of ice or 20 little ones in a jug of water. It dilutes just the same.
If the envisaged potential market for these cryptos is, say 50 million people, then an initial "distribution" of 5000 doesn't look too great either. That's 0.01% of the market getting the initial stake. Thats the real hypocrisy behind these empty criticisms.

kora think about bitcoin - it is now been used by millions (and it's just the beginning) but how many people do you think knew about bitcoin when a pizza was being sold for 10,000 btc back at 2010? very few - certainly not me.

The original cost to mine btc was around 0.001$ and the starting trading price was 0.003$ per btc - thats 17500000% profit for first adopters that bought btc. I bought my first bitcoin @ 800$ - should i cry about it? i still feel like i am an early adopter.

is bitcoin distribution not fair? doing another bitcoin lunch with 3000 original stake holders and not a few is that really different?
qora is going to do a big change in the complete altcoin 2.0 section.

kora its not late for you to invest in qora - you are still a very early adopter!  Wink
(p.s: I have no problem with kora but it isn't going to achieve anything)
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
committees are lame, personal bounties by rich stakeholders are more fun Smiley
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Proposed GUI Dashboard - QORA v.0.1.0

How does this look?

Any feedback colors/organization would be appreciated.. Please PM with suggestions.

Disclaimer: This does not represent the final deterministic wallet GUI. It is just an example I have been working on.
I am NOT held responsible for inaccurate representation of the GUI that might change per feedback.
Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

No I am not the other. Been doing some homework (JSON, CLI, etc..) for a week on the backend stuff (how to's etc...). Uber security settings with Soft/Hard security...
No idea if qora is BCnext. Would be nice to chat with BCnext one day... Say hi to him if you get to chat.. I am just trying to help out... Even chatting with qora is nice.  Cool

I am currently working a GUI for a Deterministic wallet (bootstrap 3, etc... for all devices) and will have a preview in the next few hours.
Just have to hook up Command Line Interface (CLI) etc... Working on the backend stuff too (cloudflare, hardening, etc...)
I love pretty things  Wink

As far as development goes I am responsible for about 90% of it and there is one other person that helps me out with stuff that is not related to the core like the GUI and API. (The API will be completely reworked before the release.)

ASIC-8Tile are you the other person qora is talking about? seems like you have been busy working for some time on this if you have preview ready.
can you tell us if qora is BCnext?   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Thank you for your vote of confidence.
I would like to apply for a leadership role.

Some of my experience includes implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning software (SAP) http://sap.com as a consultant in both private and public sector.
I can dedicate project management time for Qora and investors.

Industries:
Public Sector Management (Budgeting and Grants Management)
Defense Forces & Public Security (Department of National Defense)
Manufacturing (Supply Chain Management)
Banking (American Express - Business Analyst III for Global Merchant Services)

The list goes on.  Wink I have been in IT for the past 20 years in various leadership and implementation roles.

I have security clearance levels for Department of Defense type projects as well. That means I am kind of like Michael Jennings in the movie Paycheck. lol

I would be glad to be part of Qora.

Let me know.

Regards

If I were to manage a project like this I would consider these high-level tasks and sub-tasks.

Here are my suggestions for Tasks/Sub-tasks. Priority would have to be assigned by task/sub-task and then communicated through a forum/online project excel file to begin with.

1. Infrastructure/Security

2. Wallet Development/Mobile

3. Website Development

4. Business Development

5. Marketing

6. Finances

It time to begin the work. I hope you stay on board in a leadership role - have you contacted dzarmush and rerunrod for committee development? I will volunteer for business dev, marketing and finance activities...not really a coder so those are the options by default.  Smiley

ReRunRod made a list of applicants for the marketing committee.

I believe you're the best candidate for the Head of the Committee so far. Glad to have you on board.

Here's The Bunties List.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hOwbYTEITNsQ_OsYx7ltFnlAMvk7xUSpIV9_7_7Tqec/edit#gid=0
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Ffs sharexcoin..... Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 308
it's nice to see there is all ready an effort (kora) to fork qora - another reason not to release qora source code to early  Grin

(I have a feeling that once it's released qora is going to be the reference source code in the complete altcoin 2.0 section).

What will kora do if the dev will not release the source code?

We will issue 'Kora tokens' to ~3,000 stakeholders on the NXT AE (similar to NEM) as an interim solution, so people will be able to spend & trade their 'Kora tokens' using the NXT ecosystem long before the Qora source is released.

Once the Qora source is released (whenever that is) 'Kora token' holders will send them back to the 'Kora token' issuer who will exchange them for Kora coins once the Kora network is up and Running.

[ANN] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ora-nxt-monetary-system-currency-620518

[Kora registration system bounty] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kora100posfreeregistration-webapp-bounty-5-kora-coins-2-bitcoin-621681
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Poloniex poloooooniex pololoniex
I also think pololoniex is doing a great job.
Very honest exchange owner.

Indeed. He might be the most trustful exchange owner ever
legendary
I also think pololoniex is doing a great job.
Very honest exchange owner.
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
Does anyone have more info on what happened with shareXcoin?  I have a large amount of Qora there.

Dev is MIA for the time being. Likely asleep. Some people report a large sell of Sharecoins just before it went offline but that might be FUD.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598531.520

legendary
Activity: 1372
Does anyone have more info on what happened with shareXcoin?  I have a large amount of Qora there.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
BCNext promised he might return one day with his hero account. This is like waiting for a redeemer
No I am not the other. Been doing some homework (JSON, CLI, etc..) for a week on the backend stuff (how to's etc...). Uber security settings with Soft/Hard security...
No idea if qora is BCnext. Would be nice to chat with BCnext one day... Say hi to him if you get to chat.. I am just trying to help out... Even chatting with qora is nice.  Cool

I am currently working a GUI for a Deterministic wallet (bootstrap 3, etc... for all devices) and will have a preview in the next few hours.
Just have to hook up Command Line Interface (CLI) etc... Working on the backend stuff too (cloudflare, hardening, etc...)

As far as development goes I am responsible for about 90% of it and there is one other person that helps me out with stuff that is not related to the core like the GUI and API. (The API will be completely reworked before the release.)

ASIC-8Tile are you the other person qora is talking about? seems like you have been busy working for some time on this if you have preview ready.
legendary

Activity: 478
ASIC-8Tile, it would be great to have someone with your experience on board

+1

+1. Nice to have you here!
Thank you peled1986.
Loll.. That is a nice compliment.
I do not think anyone can post and respond to PM's like cfb.  Smiley

Thank you TwinWinNerD. Will do.

Regards,

Hey 8tile.

Your ideas sound amazing. If you need funds for anything (costs, bounties) contact dzarmush, he controls the funds. I am the tresurer.
ASIC-8Tile is going to be cfb for qora  Grin
happy you are taking lead position!

legendary

Regards,

Hey 8tile.

Your ideas sound amazing. If you need funds for anything (costs, bounties) contact dzarmush, he controls the funds. I am the tresurer.
ASIC-8Tile is going to be cfb for qora  Grin
happy you are taking leadership role!
I love pretty things  Wink

Regards,

Hey 8tile.

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
BTW, anyone else can't access shareXcoin ?

No access, no update from Zip, I could not withdraw Qora, and apparently there was a huge dump on Sharecoin. Undecided

I think it's time to panic.

That is exactly the reason why I don't trust not-established exchanges, and why I tought it was a mistake to launch qora there.
Jump to: