Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 392. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Qora will reach NXT one of the eight points of market value,will start at 100 sta when On the platform.

so 80 sta is still cheap. Cool

After a month will reach 400 sta no problem.only half of nxt. Cool
Activity: 196
Qora will reach NXT one of the eight points of market value,will start at 100 sta when On the platform.

so 80 sta is still cheap. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Another delay in NEM coin camp, they need 2 more month before release.
Qora is the winner  Smiley

eXo has delay after delay although they have a team, as well as nem and nxtl

who is Qora? the guy has launched coin within a month

I don't think that having a delay is a bad thing
could be that the software will be more stable when released.
Also the developers may have different approach to development.

We don't know when qora started to develop the software
if you calculate from the announcement here than it is 1 month but
I think he started to develop the software earlier.

I didn't knew that there was a competition!  Grin
If qora is winner what was the prize?!  Huh

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. They have their own way.

I'm just saying our dev announced Nxt and launched it within a couple of months, then he announced Qora and launched it within a month  Smiley
Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
Another delay in NEM coin camp, they need 2 more month before release.
Qora is the winner  Smiley

eXo has delay after delay although they have a team, as well as nem and nxtl

who is Qora? the guy has launched coin within a month

I don't think that having a delay is a bad thing
could be that the software will be more stable when released.
Also the developers may have different approach to development.

We don't know when qora started to develop the software
if you calculate from the announcement here than it is 1 month but
I think he started to develop the software earlier.

I didn't knew that there was a competition!  Grin
If qora is winner what was the prize?!  Huh
legendary

@qora
why blocks generator's balance totally has millions coins.
other people have a few coins has no chance to generating block.this will only make qora to be centralised.

i think you should change your code to make that people have a few coins have same chance to generate block.

Compared with a 1 million account, a 100million Qora account has 100 times chance of generating block.
We call that fairness.

this fairness will make to be centralised. not real fairness.
only decentralised world make qora coin developing well.we should find way to make it decentralised.

Could you put your mind together before posting anything? Please.

i think have coins (not care about coins num) and activity accounts(recently rec coins or send coins or register name,.etc) have the same chance to generate block.

that's diff from nxt, and ahead nxt.

1. Someone with 1 coin shouldn't have the same forging power as one with 1 million coins.
2. The one with 10M coins can split coins between 100'000 accounts a buy names ones in a while.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

@qora
other people have a few coins has no chance to generating block.this will only make qora to be centralised.

i think you should change your code to make that people have a few coins have same chance to generate block.

Compared with a 1 million account, a 100million Qora account has 100 times chance of generating block.
We call that fairness.

only decentralised world make qora coin developing well.we should find way to make it decentralised.

i think have coins (not care about coins num) and activity accounts(recently rec coins or send coins or register name,.etc) have the same chance to generate block.

that's diff from nxt, and ahead nxt.
legendary

@qora

We call that fairness.

@qora

We call that fairness.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
@qora

We call that fairness.

I don't exactly the percentages but if things work in a similar way to NXT then you need to look at forging or whatever you want to call it as similar to interest on a bank account not mining. So of course if you have a balance of million dollars you get substantially more interest as someone with a thousand dollars. For one thing if Qora became mainstream it would make deposits inflation proof as much as possible.

Saying that the algorithm is not known actually so we don't know exactly the odds of getting a block are calculated.
Activity: 224
what is the "value" slot in Register name for?

On that note: I've been adding "1" only because it requires entering at least a character. Can we edit the value after we save the name, similar to nxt, for another tx fee? I suspect urls would be the future use...

edit: found info on OP page - updates no problem

I made a short analysis of some coins including Qora if you want to take a look at it Smiley

https://twitter.com/TwinWinNerD/status/463411826676756480

Very nice…pls consider locking the name column to ease keeping track of coins when scrolling right

Btw what about trading name? We don't have much choice, but still.

QOR?
QRA?

QORA

great,ShareXcoin will add Qora Grin
Very correct decision.

Suspect I'll buy feeshares after all, lol

I agree with others, no rush until the client is stable…otherwise lots of chatter about bugs in client…and questions to clarify. I suspect qora is smoothing bugs out every day though! Smiley

Something wierd is happening with the network. My client won't synchronize although I use the last version and it worked perfectly (as well as all other versions in my case). Anybody else having problems?

Yes same problem v5..still trying to sync v5
edit: synced after replacing data folder
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I recovered my wallet.
It is now at 968.
Guess everything is ok now.
legendary
@qora

Let's say by "few coins" you mean 1000 coins. It costs 0.0005 Btc.

Would you like to try to buy a miner for 0.0005 Btc and mine a block?  Smiley
legendary
so we are under attack?
Nobody's client sync?

I've finally synced after the client cut all those peers and connected to good ones

Tell me exactly what to do. thanks

Didn't do anything. I closed it and opened several times but it didn't work. Then after a while I opened it again and it synced.

by good ones, you mean:
knownpeers 146.185.141.232;162.243.170.76;85.21.237.35;193.242.149.63;113.250.226.131
right?

Yes. All peers except those with the same owner.
@qora

We call that fairness.

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
After deleting the 'data' dir it finally synced, at block 967 now.
@qora

so we are under attack?
Nobody's client sync?

I've finally synced after the client cut all those peers and connected to good ones

Didn't do anything. I closed it and opened several times but it didn't work. Then after a while I opened it again and it synced.

by good ones, you mean:
knownpeers 146.185.141.232;162.243.170.76;85.21.237.35;193.242.149.63;113.250.226.131
right?
legendary
so we are under attack?
Nobody's client sync?

Have you tried this:

Yes

so we are under attack?
Nobody's client sync?

Activity: 156
1.I think we need a blacklist peer
2.I think qora need to update a offline data block,we can down the data,We do not need to synchronize from the first block.
Jump to: