Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 388. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 913
Merit: 664
as soon as i run the run.bat the cmd instantly closes again :x

It can't find Java.

Try to change run.bat file from

java -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
to
C:\Java\bin\java.exe (not exactly to it, just put the whole path) -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

doesn't work

Try ProgramFiles(x86) — without spaces

Nope

Try to run the *.bat from commandline and tell us the error you are getting.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501

It can't find Java.

to
C:\Java\bin\java.exe (not exactly to it, just put the whole path) -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

doesn't work

Nope
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

It can't find Java.

to

doesn't work

It can't find Java.

to

doesn't work
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
qora has a fundamentally new consensus model that is a major advance by itself
- anything else? no

how did you come to the conclusion there is nothing new? - qora says its a "New Proof-of-Stake algorithm."  
I think understanding qora security model is serious business like the rest of the list you wrote if not more.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
- transactions in seconds Every coin has transaction in miliseconds. What changes is the confirmation time. Bitcoin confirms on average every 9 minutes, NXT every 80 seconds and Qora every 10 minutes)
- low cost to run network Same with nxt and any other pos coin. Nothing new
- having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block Ok? So what? Same with NXT and any other POS despite all that math bullshit claiming otherwise.
- anything else? no

please stop with this pump n dump. qora is a serious business and we need faucet, blockchain explorer, friendly wallet, bugfree wallet, friendly websites, exchanges and many more useful things. pump and dump isn't useful.

Nobody talks about pump and dump. It's just a common sense. I think Qora will be in top 10 coins by cap within 6 months.

My money's on 6 days.
legendary
- transactions in seconds Every coin has transaction in miliseconds. What changes is the confirmation time. Bitcoin confirms on average every 9 minutes, NXT every 80 seconds and Qora every 10 minutes)
- low cost to run network Same with nxt and any other pos coin. Nothing new
- having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block Ok? So what? Same with NXT and any other POS despite all that math bullshit claiming otherwise.
- anything else? no

please stop with this pump n dump. qora is a serious business and we need faucet, blockchain explorer, friendly wallet, bugfree wallet, friendly websites, exchanges and many more useful things. pump and dump isn't useful.

Nobody talks about pump and dump. It's just a common sense. I think Qora will be in top 10 coins by cap within 6 months.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If you look at the top coins, Peer Coin, Ripple, Bitcoin, Nxt, Litecoin, its clear that most coins with a fundamental innovation on Bitcoin's security model have done very well.

- Bitcoin was the first and introduced Proof of Work
- Litecoin introduced a new hashing function Scrypt
- Ripple introduced a model of relational consensus, which is flawed but innovative. Has a new codebase
- Peer Coin introduced Proof of Stake
- Nxt introduced pure proof of stake. Has a new codebase.

Market Caps
- Bitcoin: 6,211,921,715 billion
- Litecoin: 305,225,627 million
- Ripple: 50,724,870
- Peercoin : 45,461,659 million
- Nxt: 37,706,153 million

- transactions in seconds
- low cost to run network
- having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block
- anything else?

qora when you have time can you explain please a bit more about the New Proof-of-Stake algorithm you created?

(this information was taken from a different post but i think it's relevant here also)

Very interesting concept Smiley
legendary
If you look at the top coins, Peer Coin, Ripple, Bitcoin, Nxt, Litecoin, its clear that most coins with a fundamental innovation on Bitcoin's security model have done very well.

- Bitcoin was the first and introduced Proof of Work
- Litecoin introduced a new hashing function Scrypt
- Ripple introduced a model of relational consensus, which is flawed but innovative. Has a new codebase
- Peer Coin introduced Proof of Stake
- Nxt introduced pure proof of stake. Has a new codebase.

Market Caps
- Bitcoin: 6,211,921,715 billion
- Litecoin: 305,225,627 million
- Ripple: 50,724,870
- Peercoin : 45,461,659 million
- Nxt: 37,706,153 million

- transactions in seconds
- low cost to run network
- having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block
- anything else?

qora when you have time can you explain please a bit more about the New Proof-of-Stake algorithm you created?

(this information was taken from a different post but i think it's relevant here also)

legendary

It can't find Java.

to
legendary
I know it's too late for this. I'm just saying, there are trustworthy Escrows. I like this one because it uses multi-signature, no mess, no fuss.
I like multi-signature also, but I think Anon136 escrow service is better for IPO - no mess, no fuss, faster and more simple for the regular investor.
legendary
Activity: 1736
We do not have any problem to use an escrow service for the IPO.

For us there are no trusted bitcoin escrow services so that is a problem.
Please tell us which escrow service you would like to use.

Please note that there will be a public beta before the IPO ends so you can always wait.

Currently we are working on the GUI I will show more details about the GUI soon.

http://cosign.co.in/

Just in time  Smiley

I know it's too late for this. I'm just saying, there are trustworthy Escrows. I like this one because it uses multi-signature, no mess, no fuss.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
The servers seem to be running fine now (24+ hours).
I am aware of most issues and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.
Astonishing!!!!!!
one of nxt problems is out the way - great job!
when qora completes his masterpiece people will call it 3.0  Wink

Exactly!! We live in historical moments. All the whales took notice. I expect top 5 at least in marketcap in the following months.
legendary
The servers seem to be running fine now (24+ hours).
I am aware of most issues and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.
Astonishing!!!!!!
one of nxt problems is out the way - great job!
when qora completes his masterpiece people will call it 3.0  Wink

legendary

Please note that there will be a public beta before the IPO ends so you can always wait.

Currently we are working on the GUI I will show more details about the GUI soon.

Just in time  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736

Activity: 168
and 5 minutes after I post this I get no more connections.

Yup, down and out.

{"error":"Cannot read property '_csrf' of undefined"}

Sad
Activity: 231
and 5 minutes after I post this I get no more connections.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Respect to Qora dev.
Super guy in my opinion.
Jump to: