Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger - page 83. (Read 186351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Inca, can i have a slack invite also too  please?
Activity: 174
Merit: 102
Any updates? Inca, can i have a slack invite please?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Anybody know anything about the background of this lead dev "Peter Waterland"?

You'd think that with such a big innovation there'd be something, but there's absolutely nothing - not even a LinkedIn.

Peter Waterland
Russell's Hall Hospital
Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, Surgery

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Waterland2

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/peter-waterland-01846371

https://www.symptoma.com/en/research/profile/p_waterland

https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/quantum-resistant-ledger/

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Anybody know anything about the background of this lead dev "Peter Waterland"?

You'd think that with such a big innovation there'd be something, but there's absolutely nothing - not even a LinkedIn.
Activity: 174
Merit: 102
Hi, i've sent you PM with slack invite request. Please check inbox.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
This sounds like it has the potential to be a very interesting project. Registering and keeping an eye on it...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
When will QRL be listed on Exchange?

That is certainly the plan.

Hello

I see that Dr Peter Waterland and Dr JP Lomas are core develeppers. These people are doctors in medecine. When did they learn about coding/Quantum computing?...
There are some other developers who are good at Quantum computing, I think.
@Peter, can you reveal more information about this?

Sure. I have a background in medicine (which i am proud of) but have been coding for 20 years. I have been in bitcoin since late 2012 and am an early stage ethereum investor. I got excited by the cryptography in hash-based signatures last year and do what I do sometimes and dived in and ended up coding a complete library of quantum-safe signatures. I got all the papers and a few books on post-quantum crypto and discussed with key cryptographers in the space like Andreas Huelsing before deciding actually a blockchain built to be completely post-quantum secure was a viable proposition and wrote the white paper.

Remember we aren't doing quantum computing - we are building systems to defeat a quantum (and classical) computer. Hash-based signatures (and by extension our hash-based proof-of-stake algo built on similar principles) are standing on the shoulders of those who have already researched this in detail. I think our project is unique and will add significant value to the crypto-asset space - a space which I view as the cutting edge in fintech.

I should add although I started the project we have a growing team with some who are far more qualified than I (we have a post-quantum cryptographer on the team) and as we are close to our minimum funding target after 3 days (out of 24) I am sure we will build a ledger which could easily carry significant value as well as offer truly exciting PQ-secure data functions.

Thanks for the interest.

Inca

Thanks for the questions.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
dev, is there an auto slack invite available? I participated in the pre sale.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Aluna.Social
Where can i find out more information about how to get QRL tokens?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
ICO is it over?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Hello Inca, projects sounds legit. I'm in. Good luck!  Wink
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

That is certainly the plan.

Hello

I see that Dr Peter Waterland and Dr JP Lomas are core develeppers. These people are doctors in medecine. When did they learn about coding/Quantum computing?...

Sure. I have a background in medicine (which i am proud of) but have been coding for 20 years. I have been in bitcoin since late 2012 and am an early stage ethereum investor. I got excited by the cryptography in hash-based signatures last year and do what I do sometimes and dived in and ended up coding a complete library of quantum-safe signatures. I got all the papers and a few books on post-quantum crypto and discussed with key cryptographers in the space like Andreas Huelsing before deciding actually a blockchain built to be completely post-quantum secure was a viable proposition and wrote the white paper.

Remember we aren't doing quantum computing - we are building systems to defeat a quantum (and classical) computer. Hash-based signatures (and by extension our hash-based proof-of-stake algo built on similar principles) are standing on the shoulders of those who have already researched this in detail. I think our project is unique and will add significant value to the crypto-asset space - a space which I view as the cutting edge in fintech.

I should add although I started the project we have a growing team with some who are far more qualified than I (we have a post-quantum cryptographer on the team) and as we are close to our minimum funding target after 3 days (out of 24) I am sure we will build a ledger which could easily carry significant value as well as offer truly exciting PQ-secure data functions.

Thanks for the interest.

Inca

Thanks for the questions.

Thank you very much for your answer.

One can guess that soon after you will appear other quantum resistant blockchain projects. How do you prepare yourself to face that competition? The question can be asked another way: what governance do you propose to make sure that your protocol will evolve to stay at the top level?

Thank you again
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
I continue to observe the development of the project. Quantum computers are coming. Therefore the project is justified.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
found your project via https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/quantum-resistant-ledger/

will perform a due d before investing. good luck team.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
" Presale terms

This is an initial invitational offering to participants on our ‘interested list’ which will then open to the public ICO only if we fail to reach our cap. Should the cap be reached during this private phase every participant will be included proportionally and any excess returned.

This presale runs until the 24th May 2017."

What is private about this presale phase? I did not get an invitation just saw this on your public website.

Could you elaborate on this?

Cheers!
Activity: 123
Hello

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Hello

Activity: 68
Question for the lurkers:
We are toying with the idea of distributing a customised PI with our pre-sale planned launch (think aluminium case with logo engraved) to act as a plug and play hardware node which automatically stakes on the network. Early experience from two of our developers is that the test node runs well on a PI 2 and at this point we are tinkering with validation rules and node behaviour so it is unlikely to require more extravagant hardware going forward.

Is this something people find appealing? I personally think it sounds pretty cool :-) (examples of similar cases can be seen at: http://www.raspberry-pi-case.com)

Inca

http://theqrl.org

sorry if i'm late to the party but just found out about QRL and yes! this sounds cool (the PI i mean, and QRL also of course Wink)
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: