Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger - page 84. (Read 186351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
What is the value proposition? That's it is secure against quantum attacks?

Surely all crypto will eventually be upgraded to be secure against quantum attacks though?

If you believe why QRL will have a lead on other crypto advancing with similar technologies via upgrades/forks, can you please explain it a little like I am 5.

Really interested in this btw.

The resistance against quantum attacks is just one aspect of the value proposition. However, this does have a significant value by itself, which is discussed in our medium  blog. We are also very excited about the unification of this with a Post quantum messaging layer. This will create the foundation for a number of additional use cases by providing a secure end to end encryption that can pass messages, data and digital assets.

Retroactive decryption is also a major issue with the current blockchain design and even a 10% vulnerability due to legacy accounts and transactions can have a substantial impact. We also have a medium post further delving into this rationale. This is not an issue we would have because we designed with long term security from Genesis.

Thank you for your reply Smiley
QRL
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Surely all crypto will eventually be upgraded to be secure against quantum attacks though?

If you believe why QRL will have a lead on other crypto advancing with similar technologies via upgrades/forks, can you please explain it a little like I am 5.

The resistance against quantum attacks is just one aspect of the value proposition. However, this does have a significant value by itself, which is discussed in our medium  blog. We are also very excited about the unification of this with a Post quantum messaging layer. This will create the foundation for a number of additional use cases by providing a secure end to end encryption that can pass messages, data and digital assets.

Retroactive decryption is also a major issue with the current blockchain design and even a 10% vulnerability due to legacy accounts and transactions can have a substantial impact. We also have a medium post further delving into this rationale. This is not an issue we would have because we designed with long term security from Genesis.
QRL
That is the same guy. He is a true Renaissance man and he has been passionate about blockchain development since the creation of Ethereum.
Activity: 16
Dear Sir,

Who is Peter Waterland? It is important to know as he is listed as a blockchain developer in your project. And an editor of The Quantum Resistant Ledger on https://medium.com/@surg0r  But I see the same guy with the same picture also listed as a gastroenterology surgeon at Russells Hall Hospital  https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Waterland2  where he published articles on erectile dysfunction Please clarify! This seems a little strange ..

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
interesting project

will put some btc in
legendary
Merit: 1015

QRL
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
Thanks for your interesting updates.
legendary
Merit: 1000
Saw your project on icocountdown, interesting stuff, will be watching and perhaps investing. Thanks

Great thanks :-)

1) a small ICO to help with project costs (<5% supply), 2) bitcoin balance importation at 1:1 ratio for first 3 months (signing a QRL address with a bitcoin private key to a valid address and balance), 3) mining of remaining supply to hard ceiling of at 21x10^6 coins via an exponential decline.
i dont share my private key. i am not coder, maybe u cant get my btcs easly....

Yeah that was from many months ago. We have decided not to snapshot the bitcoin blockchain and instead simply launch as a standalone chain from scratch instead. The only way to buy into the ICO will be via the traditional method of sending money to either the multi-sig bitcoin or ethereum address..In the end I decided that that expecting people to sign with private keys was too technical for most users whilst also exposing public keys to those addresses (which is something we are very much against..)

Very very interesting and promising. When is the ICO scheduled for? How much in Seed funding are you guys looking for?  

24th of May. But we are opening in the next week or so for interested investors on our list (hundreds on there already, to register you simply click the link on the front page of the http://theqrl.org). We are aiming for 1M with a cap of 4M depending upon response..

Thanks for your interest..

Inca
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Aluna.Social
Hi inca thanks for sharing your project. Do you think Quantum computing poses a threat to Bitcoin in the next 50 years?

How is the progress of this ledger and when do you estimate a token launch date to be ?

As Jomari (/u/qrl) says it is estimated by 'experts' that there is a 15% of a quantum computer capable of breaking ECDSA in 10 years. But actually there has been > 1 billion dollars of investment into quantum computing startups in the last year so I think actually we are far closer than anyone expects.

Our website is http://theqrl.org
We have a functional testnet..you can see the block explorer @ http://crumble.org/~john/qrl
You can see our github @ http://github.com/theQRL/QRL

We have a very active developers slack -  if fancy an invite to join in with alpha testing PM me.

Our seed funding round begins on the 1st of may. Our launch date is likely to be around 3 months after that - pending satisfactory public testnet phase.

Wow that is indeed very interesting.. I didn't know about the estimated probabilities of this situation actually becoming reality. Does look like it will happen much faster than people expect if the estimates are right...

Can you share abit more about how the seed funding round will take place? is it only offered to private investors, or will you be hosting an ICO online?
Activity: 242
nice project but lack the effective promoting plan
legendary
This is exciting. I hope the project is a success and perhaps this is the future of cryptocurrency? My biggest worry with Bitcoin is the Quantum computing thread to breaking the Bitcoin keys. If we can secure Bitcoin against this threat, Bitcoin will be very secure and a good store of value.

That is a premise of our coin - being a reservoir for value in case of Y2Q. Arguably more interesting is our end to end private post-quantum secure data channel layer 'ephemeral'.

inca
Can I have access to slack? I have sent you a few PMs.

Slack is showing it is already sent..If you have another email (or check yours) pm me!
QRL
Good Day,

We are very excited about the response shown for QRL. We believe in our vision for post-quantum blockchains and communication. One of our contributors to operations recently posted a medium article. It was an effort to evaluate the value of the network given the potential loss due to vulnerability. It is a probabilistic assessment that provides one way to evaluate one aspect of QRL's value proposition.  We would love your feedback and response.

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/the-investment-thesis-for-a-quantum-resistant-ledger-9d335f8cf9ef

We are also working on the post-quantum messaging layer. We believe this integrated functionality can provide a number of novel use cases. We really look forward to discussing the project with everyone and creating a platform with immense value.

Don't forget to add your name to the contact list on the website. We are going to have some significant updates soon!
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
This is exciting. I hope the project is a success and perhaps this is the future of cryptocurrency? My biggest worry with Bitcoin is the Quantum computing thread to breaking the Bitcoin keys. If we can secure Bitcoin against this threat, Bitcoin will be very secure and a good store of value.

That is a premise of our coin - being a reservoir for value in case of Y2Q. Arguably more interesting is our end to end private post-quantum secure data channel layer 'ephemeral'.

inca
Can I have access to slack? I have sent you a few PMs.
legendary

inca
Activity: 14
legendary
UPDATE:

We added a post-quantum cryptographer to the project. Leon Groot Bruinderink from PQCRYPTO in the Netherlands. He will be advising us on security parameters in our mainnet release, assisting with code review and helping us design our ephemeral messaging layer which provides secure, private end-end data channels between QRL addresses.

We have also decided to look into compressing internode communication and also encrypting the entire TCP/IP connection with 'new hope' such that all traffic is shielded.

CODEBASE:

Other than beginning to implement Ephemeral, Kaushal our new dev has implemented a massive sync speed up which allows nodes to sync about 10x faster than before.

Todo in terms of codebase updates - further security fixes for our POS protocol and then on to fun things!

SEED FUNDING:
We have tentatively set a date of the 1st of May for our seeding sale where we sell a large portion of our genesis block to potential network stakers. If we can reach our dev target we will give out all of the genesis block to the funders. If not we will hold back 35% for a second round.

As always http://theqrl.org for interested investors or alpha testers who wish to join our slack and and growing band of post-quantum crypto enthusiasts!
Activity: 4
This sounds good. I await to see the results of your work. Smiley
legendary
UPDATE:

Testnet has now been running flawlessly for a few days and we are up to block 27400.

Some really nice upgrades are being planned to streamline the node codebase and implement our new ephemeral end-end post-quantum secure communications messaging layer. This has the ability to offer completely secure data transmission between addresses, but also allows secure data channels to be potentially opened outside of the QRL p2p layer. This raises the possibility of the QRL offering a 'post-quantum secure phonebook' which when tied in with our future plans for blockchain ID and long term provenance use cases is getting us really excited about what will be possible with a base layer which couples secure funds transfer/storage with ultra-secure cryptographically verifiable communications in a single network.

Following our pre-sale we will be working on developing some light clients for smart phones including API's which can then be deployed into other App's to allow access to the QRL network featureset.

HIRING:

We are looking for two roles to supplement our team.

1) A capable web designer
2) A translator to perform a Chinese translation of our upcoming website refresh.

Inca

EDIT: Chinese translator now hired..
Activity: 343
Saw your project on icocountdown, interesting stuff, will be watching and perhaps investing. Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: