Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Radium SmartChain Phase 2.3 100% Decentralized Username-Address Linkage - page 6. (Read 30456 times)

Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
The updated client is in the final phase of testing.

SmartChain is stable on the new wallet code.
Blockchain and stuff
love the things to come for radon,
great unique work devs.

Thankyou! Your support is appreciated!  I want to make a product that is innovative and useful. There is so much that can be done with blockchains, that very few people are doing. Those that are doing it, cant seem to make it user friendly. My goal is to do both. What good is new tech, if nobody can use it? 

JJ
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
The updated client is in the final phase of testing.
Blockchain and stuff
Quick Phase 2 Progress update.

1) Blockchain announcements via marquee banner at bottom of client for leisure/major/critical updates Progress 40%
2) Send xRADON to username (via address lookup) Progress 80%
3) Placing text notes in the blockchain Complete
4) In client hashing of a file, and recording hash in blockchain with title/memo Progress 95%
5) In client document verification, that hashes the document, and reports if it has been previously recorded, and if so by who and when. Complete

May the odds be ever in your favor.
JJ
Activity: 710
currently over priced but waiting to see more
Agreed.

Looks interesting, nothing released just yet, i'm gonna watch this one before I decide to buy in.

yes it not hard to see someone accumulated while this  was dead and now he wants to sell. no  way buying at these prices

Wait a week.

yes until then margin trade fct, dash, eth on poloniex made 34btc in the last 8 days

Activity: 555
Agreed.

Looks interesting, nothing released just yet, i'm gonna watch this one before I decide to buy in.

yes it not hard to see someone accumulated while this  was dead and now he wants to sell. no  way buying at these prices

Wait a week.

yes until then margin trade fct, dash, eth on poloniex made 34btc in the last 8 days
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Agreed.

Wait a week.
Agreed.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Agreed.

Activity: 710
You guys should look into getting added to Microsoft Azure Blockchain Toolkit.  Emercoin was just added because of wide feature set. Radon would be an ideal candidate, not being a clone and offering unique blockchain features. 
Activity: 598
Explorer updated Smiley

http://chain.blockpioneers.info/xradon/

Btw, you guys need to get on coinmarketcap! Wink

Wow new explorer looks great!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Chipcoin Developer
Explorer updated Smiley

http://chain.blockpioneers.info/xradon/

Btw, you guys need to get on coinmarketcap! Wink
Blockchain and stuff
Nice list. I had a question form in my head. Why do I want to turn xradons into RAD?

RAD is the asset that enables you to use the functions of the SmartChain. It costs RAD to create a username, add documents to the blockchain, etc. The purpose of this is to provide staking fees(through Decay, which generates RAD) for the people securing the blockchain and to keep people from spamming data to the blockchain. Which helps keep blockchain bloat to a minimum.

Consider RAD the currency used ON the blockchain, which has to be generated through Proof of Network Contribution(Decay). RAD is burned when it is used.

Its worth noting that RAD can be generated at a rate of 1-3 RAD per hour by runniing both clients RADON and xRadon(soon to be Radium). Burning at a higher rate requires more xRadon(radium) per RAD generated.
In my personal opinion its unlikely RAD gets picked up on an exchange anytime soon. since xRadon(Radium) is easy to decay into RAD, just having exchanges/more exhcanges for xRadon(radium) should suffice for now. at this time its likely worth decaying enough RAD to register a username, and maybe some more to test the document hash and placing text in the xRadon chain functions. Once we have a good idea what the fees will be to use RAD for specific functions everyone will know if its going to require people to be dedicated to burning RAD and creating a trade ecosystem for other users who do not wish to spend the time necessary to accumulate RAD through decay. If all it takes is forward planning to run the client for 10 hours every so often to take care of functions likely RAD wont need to be traded frequently. So its up to everyone themselves if they want to just burn xRadon(radium) to accumulate RAD as needed, or be proactive to create an excess in case the demand for RAD spikes.

I concur. The ecosystem for RAD was designed specifically to be non-competitive. The casual user should be able to generate enough RAD on their own, without needing to buy it. There may be a theoretical way for a user to "sell" RAD directly in the SmartChain, but that is totally untested, and far in the future.  It currently costs 10 RAD to register a username, and 3 or 4 to record a document hash. It would cost about 20 RAD to record the text of this reply, not including the quotes, as a text note.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Nice list. I had a question form in my head. Why do I want to turn xradons into RAD?

RAD is the asset that enables you to use the functions of the SmartChain. It costs RAD to create a username, add documents to the blockchain, etc. The purpose of this is to provide staking fees(through Decay, which generates RAD) for the people securing the blockchain and to keep people from spamming data to the blockchain. Which helps keep blockchain bloat to a minimum.

Consider RAD the currency used ON the blockchain, which has to be generated through Proof of Network Contribution(Decay). RAD is burned when it is used.

Its worth noting that RAD can be generated at a rate of 1-3 RAD per hour by runniing both clients RADON and xRadon(soon to be Radium). Burning at a higher rate requires more xRadon(radium) per RAD generated.
In my personal opinion its unlikely RAD gets picked up on an exchange anytime soon. since xRadon(Radium) is easy to decay into RAD, just having exchanges/more exhcanges for xRadon(radium) should suffice for now. at this time its likely worth decaying enough RAD to register a username, and maybe some more to test the document hash and placing text in the xRadon chain functions. Once we have a good idea what the fees will be to use RAD for specific functions everyone will know if its going to require people to be dedicated to burning RAD and creating a trade ecosystem for other users who do not wish to spend the time necessary to accumulate RAD through decay. If all it takes is forward planning to run the client for 10 hours every so often to take care of functions likely RAD wont need to be traded frequently. So its up to everyone themselves if they want to just burn xRadon(radium) to accumulate RAD as needed, or be proactive to create an excess in case the demand for RAD spikes.
Blockchain and stuff
What Goblynn said is 100% correct.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Blockchain and stuff
A question was asked in slack a little while ago about an ETA on phase 2, so I just wanted to give everyone an update.  I do not want to give hard dates when things will be complete, BUT I think within 2 weeks is a fair estimate. I would be very pleasantly surprised if it was done before the start of next week. 

Here is my target feature list for phase 2. Ill update the ANN shortly

This may be an ambitious list for phase 2, but here is my plan.

1) Blockchain announcements via marquee banner at bottom of client for leisure/major/critical updates
2) Send xRADON to username (via address lookup)
3) Placing text notes in the blockchain
4) In client hashing of a file, and recording hash in blockchain with title/memo
5) In client document verification, that hashes the document, and reports if it has been previously recorded, and if so by who and when.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Live long and prosper
JJ
Pages:
Jump to: