Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Radium SmartChain Phase 2.3 100% Decentralized Username-Address Linkage - page 8. (Read 30456 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Interesting, so proof of existence will perform similar function as Factom?

Yes, the result will be similar, but the implementation is different.  My understanding is that Factom is a hybrid system that uses the blockchain for storing hashes, and Factom servers for file storage / hashing / verification.  My implementation is 100% decentralized, and does not rely on any servers, but because of that, it is best suited for shorter text documents and document/file hashes.  Truth be truthful,  I have not spent too much time understanding the nuts and bolts of how Factom works.  Once Phase 2 is out, you will be able to do document hashing and verification directly from the SmartChain client.

Factom implements a node network that distributes the data hashed across the network.   How and the order of data hashed involves (ultimately) 32 federated servers making that call.  But all nodes in the network verify and validate the result.  And every 10 minutes a merkle root is written into the Bitcoin blockchain.   This is done so that all the data collected and organized by Factom can be validated against Bitcoin and to detect any attempt to fork Factom.

Currently we are working on distribution and the elections of the servers.  It remains that Factom is secured by Bitcoin though, and even without decentralization, trust of a central party is eliminated by anchoring into Bitcoin.

Any entry in factom has a Merkle proof against Bitcoin; factom isn't required for proof of existence.

Proving a chain of entries is also possible against Bitcoin and the Factom data structures (which are distributed to all nodes).  You need the directory blocks, and the data of the entry chain of interest.

RADON looks cool, but I haven't read the whitepaper as of yet.

Paul Snow
Factom

Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Sure, What is the address you are using for the SmartChain?

Decay is an alternative to burning coins. Instead of sending coins to an address where they are stuck forever, Slow decay sends the coins to the stake reward for the next block.  This way, coins that are decayed into RAD are not destroyed, they become part of the next block reward.

Does that help? Smiley

JJ
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Thank you so much for the node list. I had the same problem. Can anyone explain decay ELI5 style? Does the offer on the RAD for my wallet still stand?
Activity: 598
Merit: 500
Open as instruction, but no node to sync ?
Any idea ?

you need to run xRadon coin
look for the link under "Coin Windows  Wallet "  you'll need to sync xRadon coin chain, once that client is synced shut it off and start the wallet linked at "RADON SmartChain Client Download Link" the RADON Smartchain wallet will ask you where the launcher for xRadon-qt.exe is. and will start the wallet and the smartchain.

but what if i stuck on step 1 ? , my wallet won't sync?

your xrdn wallet is not syncing?

here is some connections from my wallet

194.135.93.51:27913
23.233.200.238:27913
73.38.41.211:27913
198.199.95.130:27913
85.25.198.151:27913
93.136.23.247:27913
173.170.69.31:64680
98.235.220.249:53749
104.156.251.173:61504
98.235.220.249:57943
Activity: 644
Any idea ?

look for the link under "Coin Windows  Wallet "  you'll need to sync xRadon coin chain, once that client is synced shut it off and start the wallet linked at "RADON SmartChain Client Download Link" the RADON Smartchain wallet will ask you where the launcher for xRadon-qt.exe is. and will start the wallet and the smartchain.

In your wallet configuration, the most stable node you can add is 194.135.93.51

Best regards,
-TM2013
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
Any idea ?

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
this is pretty sweet! could you explain proof-of-existance a bit?
Blockchain and stuff
If anyone could use a few extra RAD to speed up registration, let me know.
Blockchain and stuff

Yes, the result will be similar, but the implementation is different.  My understanding is that Factom is a hybrid system that uses the blockchain for storing hashes, and Factom servers for file storage / hashing / verification.  My implementation is 100% decentralized, and does not rely on any servers, but because of that, it is best suited for shorter text documents and document/file hashes.  Truth be truthful,  I have not spent too much time understanding the nuts and bolts of how Factom works.  Once Phase 2 is out, you will be able to do document hashing and verification directly from the SmartChain client.
Activity: 710
Activity: 736
Nice work team!
Looking forward to future use cases and services on this.
Happy staking/burning!

IW
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Chipcoin Developer
Had a good talk on slack today Smiley

Great project!
Blockchain and stuff
all synced and got my decay working Smiley

Great! Let me know if there are any issues
Any idea ?

all synced and got my decay working Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Any idea ?

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Very exciting to see it finally launched. Beta works well for RADON RAD generation off the current xRadon chain, soon that will be re-branded to Radium "coin" as the main chain where RAD works on top of.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Any idea ?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Blockchain and stuff
Pages:
Jump to: