Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SafeDice.com - 0.5% Variable House Edge - page 2. (Read 7973 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 509
So does it means that if I bet 50 %

Because of 1 % house edge

I got 49% chance for winning that bet ?

No, you have a 50% chance of winning a 50% bet, but when you win, you don't get 2x your bet, you only get 1.98x.

1.98 is 99% of 2

If you bet 1 unit at 50% 2 million times, you will win about a million times, and lose about a million times. Each loss costs you 1 unit. Each win nets you 0.98 units of profit. Your total losses are 1 million. Your total wins are 980 thousand. Your net loss is 20 thousand, and your total amount risked is 2 million. Your net loss (20k) is 1% of your total risked (2 million).

Get it?

Got it   Cool

Thanks for the awesome explanation.
Now I know the 1% edge risk  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Yes in the Long Run. But waiting to be in the Long run introduces a lot of higher risks.

Note that as a player, you don't want "the long run", because in the long run you lose 1% of everything you bet.

As a gambler you're hoping for short-term variance to make you win, against expectation.

If you keep playing long enough, you will lose because of the house edge.
legendary

No, you have a 50% chance of winning a 50% bet, but when you win, you don't get 2x your bet, you only get 1.98x.

1.98 is 99% of 2

If you bet 1 unit at 50% 2 million times, you will win about a million times, and lose about a million times. Each loss costs you 1 unit. Each win nets you 0.98 units of profit. Your total losses are 1 million. Your total wins are 980 thousand. Your net loss is 20 thousand, and your total amount risked is 2 million. Your net loss (20k) is 1% of your total risked (2 million).

Get it?
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
What's actually this 1% House Hedge means?

It means that you can expect to get back 99% of everything you risk, long term.

Yes in the Long Run. But waiting to be in the Long run introduces a lot of higher risks.

Ha, "Long Term" that the real risk behind it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 509

legendary

Is there any faucet available in this dice game?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
looks pretty good
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Can you do a leaderboard for the top players who waged alot.

For what purpose? Does the site have affilitiate program like Win88 too?

Leaderboard is fun, when we play a multiplayer game, we tend to pursue the number one ranking didn't we? Cheesy. Currently we are focusing on the development of variable house edge, and then we will focus on functional features and features for our investors first. But additional things like leaderboard is also on our list Wink

Currently we don't have an affiliate program Marykris Smiley

By the way, here's a screenshot of our recent works (not published yet), a variable house edge that can change depends on the 'profit on win'!

So, a bet with lower "profit on win" will have a lower house edge, and vice versa? That would make your site very attractive to smaller gamblers with the lower edge. Smiley

Exactly!! And still safe for the investors too Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
By the way, here's a screenshot of our recent works (not published yet), a variable house edge that can change depends on the 'profit on win'!

So, a bet with lower "profit on win" will have a lower house edge, and vice versa? That would make your site very attractive to smaller gamblers with the lower edge. Smiley
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

For what purpose? Does the site have affilitiate program like Win88 too?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
And Doog, if you have the time, would you be interested to test this new feature when it is finished, but before it launches to the public? Smiley

I'll take a look later today, hopefully.

Is dooglus verifying users?

I'm not doing anything. I played on the site a little and posted some feedback. That's all.

Yeah, I assumed that.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
There is no way for doog, or I, or any other person (escrow or otherwise) to verify and authenticate IDs without connections to the government of the country where that ID came from.

Show me a passport, then I would need to have it checked with the local embassy or consul. Show me a driver's license, then I would need to call the transport authority or agency that issued it.

There are some people who do this for a living.

For example, I am currently holding some Euro identification cards of some hardware hosting miners. My google-fu tells me that it all looks legit. But I can not guarantee it. All I can do is release the info if said person disappears. (This particular contract is good for about 6 months.)
legendary
And Doog, if you have the time, would you be interested to test this new feature when it is finished, but before it launches to the public? Smiley

I'll take a look later today, hopefully.

Is dooglus verifying users?

I'm not doing anything. I played on the site a little and posted some feedback. That's all.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I suggest the following: Sam.Walton why don't you provide your personal information directly to dooglus? I understand that you wouldn't want too (and you have absolutely no obligation to do so), however this would improve community trust in you ten fold, once dooglus verifies the information. Otherwise, you could involve dooglus somehow (for example having him hold server seeds as he offered with dicebitco.in). Once again, you have no obligation to do any of the above.

But how is dooglus going to verify the personal information?
Also IMHO, knowing the site owner's identity won't help much in gaining trust, as knowing who Mark Karpeles is doesn't help recovering ones' mtgox fund...

On the other hand, having doog control (or co-control) the server seeds and cold wallet could work IMO.

Is dooglus verifying users? I mean if he proof the existence of a user, everyone is believing him but the user is a scammer, wouldn't he get all the shitstorm?

I think it wouldn't be good for his reputation.
I have withdraw 0.1788 but site wa laggy did not withdraw for me, then i played again and withdraw 0.1905 and i did not recieve
just recieved 0.1788
please check my account
nick: Azmy

Hey Azmy, finally, congratulation for the winning!  Smiley
I'm confused with your statement, but I guess you already received your withdrawal? Your 0.1905 withdrawal was not being processed because actually the previous withdrawal had been processed immediately and you don't have enough balance for the second withdrawal (here is your 0.1788 withdrawal tx log http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/30573f90c7c5240c66b2d4a20c9c1d4b080e1e3e8b74a19a4be676a4edf758d7)

and i think there is a bug, you said max profit 0.05.
i bet 0.0001 x 980 and wont almost 0.097 btc

check

i dont think thats a bug, since you can aim for a higher max profit if youre willing to deal with a increasing house edge.

at least thats the way I understood the explanation in this thread somehwere above.

Yes, exactly. You should also able to check the H.E. that is being used on the bottom of the betting box.

I had enought balance, i had 0.1788 and then withdraw but could not withdraw so i played and won more 0.02 and then withdraw 0.19 but did not recieve also, just recieved the first one.
I just saying because there is a lag or bug which caused that and i need you to fix it, i do not need anything else.
Just advice Smiley
I like the site anyway

I think that's only a connection problem, everything is ok in our log.
Ok then, as long as you already received your 0.1788.
We will keep an eye on this, don't hesitate to let us know when you encounter this again.

-----

http://s26.postimg.org/gpw00oikp/vhe.jpg

And yes that's a roll with 0.64273389% H.E. Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
I have withdraw 0.1788 but site wa laggy did not withdraw for me, then i played again and withdraw 0.1905 and i did not recieve
just recieved 0.1788
please check my account

I'm confused with your statement, but I guess you already received your withdrawal? Your 0.1905 withdrawal was not being processed because actually the previous withdrawal had been processed immediately and you don't have enough balance for the second withdrawal (here is your 0.1788 withdrawal tx log http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/30573f90c7c5240c66b2d4a20c9c1d4b080e1e3e8b74a19a4be676a4edf758d7)

check

i dont think thats a bug, since you can aim for a higher max profit if youre willing to deal with a increasing house edge.

at least thats the way I understood the explanation in this thread somehwere above.

Yes, exactly. You should also able to check the H.E. that is being used on the bottom of the betting box.

I had enought balance, i had 0.1788 and then withdraw but could not withdraw so i played and won more 0.02 and then withdraw 0.19 but did not recieve also, just recieved the first one.
I just saying because there is a lag or bug which caused that and i need you to fix it, i do not need anything else.
Just advice Smiley
I like the site anyway
just recieved 0.1788
please check my account

check

Pages:
Jump to: