Pages:
Author

Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine - page 52. (Read 133187 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Seems people have stopped mining. At present a record low of 50Mh/s. That's about 30 280X's ... globally. Slow confirms, stuck withdraws and Dedicated Pool still having a note on their pool that the wallet doesn't work may have something to do with that.

This doesn't relate to what you are saying. It's mainly related to multipools - this was also addressed in an earlier response. Let me clarify:

Right now the price is quite low. That is in a way deliberate, as we purposely have not marketed a lot lately. The thing is: whenever the price goes up, SAT is very profitable to mine in the eyes of people who are looking to dump their mined coins instantly (like multipools). At the current price, it's not at the top of coinwarz and therefore also less interesting for multipools.

Take into consideration that multipools are essentially harmful to whichever coin they are mining, because they have no interest in the coin itself as they will simply dump everything they mine. Its much better for any coin to only be mined by people who actually take an interest in the coin.

So the bottomline here is: the lower hashrate youre looking at, is simply because multipools don't mine Saturncoin right now. And that is not a bad thing. The PoW stage won't be lasting that long anymore, and we much rather have people mine who actually hold on to their coins to take profit that our developments will bring, than having multipools mine who instantly dump. If anything, this is simply an opportunity for miners to mine some coins without interference from multipools.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Well, i'm holding and buying more. Only 4 sats at the moment.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Seems people have stopped mining. At present a record low of 50Mh/s. That's about 30 280X's ... globally. Slow confirms, stuck withdraws and Dedicated Pool still having a note on their pool that the wallet doesn't work may have something to do with that.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
It seems Cryptsy hasn't updated to the new wallet. I withdrew coins 2hrs ago and still "Zero" confirmations.

It took a while to get the first confirmation. Sorry it was a false negative.

Most likely this is because at times, the blockchain is moving slowly. This has to do with the fact that the mining difficulty only gets readjusted every 25 blocks. This means that when the difficulty is high, and the hashrate drops, the block time gets much longer until the next difficulty adjustment. This would also slow down your transaction as it relies on the block speed.

This is something that has been accounted for in the newest wallet, as from block 80000 onwards we will have KGW (Kimoto Gravity Well) as announced. This will tremendously help in terms of keeping the difficulty adjusted much more accurately, and therefore keeping the block time much more constant (as close to the 80 second block time target as possible).

Hope this clarifies things a bit Smiley

Yes it does. Thanks for the explanation.
what's up dev; i'm heavily invested in SAT; worried to see no updates so far; i hope u come back soon with the fully working new sat wallet  Smiley

As stated previously, the wallets are working just fine. We have not, at any point, had a wallet that didn't work. As for no updates: have you read the past couple of pages of this thread? We're very actively working here, and we're well on track. I'd be happy to address any concerns you may have.
It seems Cryptsy hasn't updated to the new wallet. I withdrew coins 2hrs ago and still "Zero" confirmations.

Most likely this is because at times, the blockchain is moving slowly. This has to do with the fact that the mining difficulty only gets readjusted every 25 blocks. This means that when the difficulty is high, and the hashrate drops, the block time gets much longer until the next difficulty adjustment. This would also slow down your transaction as it relies on the block speed.

This is something that has been accounted for in the newest wallet, as from block 80000 onwards we will have KGW (Kimoto Gravity Well) as announced. This will tremendously help in terms of keeping the difficulty adjusted much more accurately, and therefore keeping the block time much more constant (as close to the 80 second block time target as possible).

Hope this clarifies things a bit Smiley

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
what's up dev; i'm heavily invested in SAT; worried to see no updates so far; i hope u come back soon with the fully working new sat wallet  Smiley
Activity: 93
now its confirmed, got my coins
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I just made a quick retreat Mintpal without any problem.

txid: 71426de8c3dd4308e6cf6125cf275c3ecf65b58ed0340ded4e56010f67a95325

sorry, have reached the wallet but not confirmed

Confirmed!

good to know  Grin
Activity: 620

Confirmed!
Activity: 193
Ummmmm, what's up?

No it's not - Mintpal failed to make a withdrawal to my new wallet ... so, my coins are stuck on Mintpal  Angry

same for me, my coins stuck
Activity: 294
new wallet not working?
http://sat.dedicatedpool.com:
"Saturncoin pool back up. New wallet seems like it doesn't even work so we're sticking with the old chain and wallet, Mintpal is too"

That's probably an old notification. All of the released wallets are working fine. As stated, the pools and exchanges have confirmed that they have updated to the latest wallets, so all should be fine.

No it's not - Mintpal failed to make a withdrawal to my new wallet ... so, my coins are stuck on Mintpal  Angry
new wallet not working?
"Saturncoin pool back up. New wallet seems like it doesn't even work so we're sticking with the old chain and wallet, Mintpal is too"

That's probably an old notification. All of the released wallets are working fine. As stated, the pools and exchanges have confirmed that they have updated to the latest wallets, so all should be fine.
new wallet not working?
Activity: 122
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The 4 satoshi sell wall has now fallen to 2BTC Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: